Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2017 6:18:55 AM EDT
What is the " Gotta Have "  status with this Model Aug?
Is she worth purchasing?
Many were shouting how they wanted the early pre-ban version of the Aug.
Now that they're available,they don't seem to be selling at all.
My brother is an FFL.
I was browsing through his flyers and this model is available all over the place.
The demand doesn't seem to be there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:25:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I want one, but I can't afford one at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I think most people are tapped out right now. The economy isn't as good as its portrayed to be, people just don't have disposable money for a $2,000 firearm like they used to.

There's probably 100 or so AUG people that buy up all the AUG stuff, but that leaves everyone else to buy the rest. It's a great gun and will eventually sell out overtime, and when that happens, then the people who don't have one will start looking for one. Happens every time with everything AUG. Just wait.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think most people are tapped out right now. The economy isn't as good as its portrayed to be, people just don't have disposable money for a $2,000 firearm like they used to.

There's probably 100 or so AUG people that buy up all the AUG stuff, but that leaves everyone else to buy the rest. It's a great gun and will eventually sell out overtime, and when that happens, then the people who don't have one will start looking for one. Happens every time with everything AUG. Just wait.
View Quote
That's me, I was one of the many wanting an original(ish) AUG. But fuck, with all these crazy sales and new releases and promos I'm bought out at the moment. There are a lot of things competing for my money, and I'm but one man!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked one up, and the scope was off by about 1.5 feet both high and right.  

Other than that, it has been spectacular.    My first AUG, but i highly recommend it.  Classic look, no stupid rail mount, and the almost unnoticable 3dot integrated backup sights are a nice touch.

Super happy with the purchase.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is the " Gotta Have "  status with this Model Aug?
Is she worth purchasing?
Many were shouting how they wanted the early pre-ban version of the Aug.
Now that they're available,they don't seem to be selling at all.
My brother is an FFL.
I was browsing through his flyers and this model is available all over the place.
The demand doesn't seem to be there.
View Quote

It's really just a 20 inch barrel without the bolt release and with the unnecessary forward assist.

Personally, I really don't care for this edition. In fact, I went great lengths to avoid it; I just wanted a 20 inch barrel A3 short rail.

It's a collector thing which I don't really care for.

As long as SteyrArms keeps pumping A3 AUG's, I don't see how this will gain any value over time.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#6]
All AUG's including the STG77 have a forward assist.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All AUG's including the STG77 have a forward assist.
View Quote
I know but the anniversary edition has the assist button sticking out on the handle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Well that's not how you stated it. 

The A1 version had the pushbutton, so that's what they gave it. I think the sales would be a little better had they cast an actual A1 or A2 receiver. I picked up an old USR and retrofitted it, which was a much better value for me. I've never been one for "Anniversary editions". All my stuff comes out of the box and gets fired. 

They actually reduced the price from what most people paid when they pre-ordered (~$2300).
As stated, once they're all gone from distributors, the value will climb slowly.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The A1 version had the pushbutton, so that's what they gave it. I think the sales would be a little better had they cast an actual A1 or A2 receiver. I picked up an old USR and retrofitted it, which was a much better value for me. I've never been one for "Anniversary editions". All my stuff comes out of the box and gets fired. 

http://i65.tinypic.com/sxes5z.jpg

They actually reduced the price from what most people paid when they pre-ordered (~$2300).
As stated, once they're all gone from distributors, the value will climb slowly.
View Quote
Not that I agree, but how did you make the USR 922R compliant?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm gonna guess us barrel assembly since that looks like a 16" and not a unthreaded 20" and US mags. That alone would a replacement of 5 foreign with us parts.

Barrel (not counting muzzle device because it's not replacing a foreign part since original wouldn't have one), gas piston, mag body, follower, floor plate. I'm not sure about which parts are counted on aug but it definitely sounds do able.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#11]
It's doable, but that's not what I did. 
I had it shipped to my LE agency for duty use, which permanently exempts the firearm from 922(r) compliance.
18 U.S.C. §925
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's doable, but that's not what I did. 
I had it shipped to my LE agency for duty use, which permanently exempts the firearm from 922(r) compliance.
18 U.S.C. §925
View Quote
Nice.

Did you cut down the original barrel and thread it or is that one you bought?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#13]
It's an old Austrian GSI 16" barrel with closed tulip I bought on GunBroker for $350. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a NIB Steyr AUG A3 Close Quarter Combat Rifle I would like to trade for a STG77. I live 30 minutes from the Bessemer Al Steyr Factory. Wonder if they would trade?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:55:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have a NIB Steyr AUG A3 Close Quarter Combat Rifle I would like to trade for a STG77. I live 30 minutes from the Bessemer Al Steyr Factory. Wonder if they would trade?
View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I hear what you're saying...
What really irks me is that so many took the time to post "this and that" on how they would like to see a Pre-ban version of the Aug come out.
After the factory complies, nobody steps up to the plate to purchase one.
Steyr listened... They did a run of guns that are now collecting dust.
Maybe this is why so many manufacturers just say " screw it " when viewing the wants from members on online forums.
So many members just talk BS.
They Scream!!! Put everything on my plate!
This way, I can choose only what I what to eat, and screw you...
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:06:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What really irks me is that so many took the time to post "this and that" on how they would like to see a Pre-ban version of the Aug come out.
Maybe this is why so many manufacturers just say " screw it " when viewing the wants from members on online forums.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are 100% correct, guys were screaming for 18 and 24" barrels, Steyr made 200 of them and it took 3 years to sell them!

Same with the 1/7 twist 16" barrels, guys had to have them, told me 200 wouldn't be enough, would sell out in 2 weeks. Another flop, took close to 3 years to sell out of them. In fact Steyr built M1s with 1/7 barrels to use them up.

Same thing happened with the STG77, many wanted them but once they got here many disappeared!

14" barrels, sure Steyr would do a run of 200, but I nor Steyr wants to be stuck with 180 14" barrels!

200 is the Minimum order they have to have.

Of course once the STG77s dry up guys will want them, always happens. Then they will have to pay a premium to get one.

Link Posted: 8/26/2017 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Pete, did all the M1s you're selling come with 18" 1/7 barrels? I got one but it's put away from the storm and a little hard to get to so it's easier for me to ask.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Only 16s  were 1/7.

Be safe, hope the storm didn't effect you!

Pete
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Crap!

Thanks Pete! I still have the 20" and the 24" you got me.

This morning we were in the "dry band" but now we're in the wet band I guess.

It's all good. PPV is ordered. One BF in the house, the other is treading water at UH. Friends are allowed as long as they bring chips and dips!
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#21]
If the ATRAX wasn't supposed to be coming out in the next couple months I'd already have one of these. Alas...
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You are 100% correct, guys were screaming for 18 and 24" barrels, Steyr made 200 of them and it took 3 years to sell them!

Same with the 1/7 twist 16" barrels, guys had to have them, told me 200 wouldn't be enough, would sell out in 2 weeks. Another flop, took close to 3 years to sell out of them. In fact Steyr built M1s with 1/7 barrels to use them up.

Same thing happened with the STG77, many wanted them but once they got here many disappeared!

14" barrels, sure Steyr would do a run of 200, but I nor Steyr wants to be stuck with 180 14" barrels!

Of course once the STG77s dry up guys will want them, always happens. Then they will have to pay a premium to get one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I snagged a 16'' from you a few years back.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If the ATRAX wasn't supposed to be coming out in the next couple months I'd already have one of these. Alas...
View Quote
A couple years ago people said the same thing about the X95 and the MDR's imminent release...
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 2:54:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah but I never wanted either of those anyway.

My dad has an original AUG/SA that I can shoot whenever I'm home, and I've got an A3 and two M1s. I can be patient.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#25]
I would love an STG 77, but it's banned now (here)  So I have to make do with my grandfathered MSAR.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://i65.tinypic.com/sxes5z.jpg

View Quote
True,, maybe they should have manufactured her as a one piece casting including the tube.
Man,, wouldn't that have looked nice with today's tech.
My preban Aug a1 receiver has more pawk marks in her than the face of Tommy Lee Jones.
I still love her though....
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:55:57 AM EDT
[#27]
I found a online Dealer that has one available at a good price. $2095.00 out the door.
Question? I asked, he didn't know.
Do any of you folks know if the optic is at the correct height?
Comb to center, as the original A1 pre-ban Aug.
I don't want to end up purchasing, only too have a silly looking Aug with the Optic riding a pussy hair above the Stock.
Messed up Like the " MSAR " Clones.
Is the Optic at the same height as the Pre-ban early Augs?
Thanks,
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Saw a video of one and was not impressed. Had alot of flaws and that goofy logo on the stock.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#29]
It would behoove you to call Pete Athens. He'll tell you three pieces of information.

One of them will answer your question. The last two will save you money.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I found a online Dealer that has one available at a good price. $2095.00 out the door.
I don't want to end up purchasing, only too have a silly looking Aug with the Optic riding a pussy hair above the Stock.
Thanks,
View Quote
The grammar in your post hurts, but the optic mount is in the same position.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 6:41:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks,
I am Black..
African American.
I'm doing the best I can do.
Why be so Racist?
Sorry....
I'm guessing that you're a MSAR owner?
Yes?
Ass hurt right now?
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I am Black..
African American.
Why be so Racist?
Sorry....
Yes?
Ass hurt right now?
View Quote
I have 3 AUGs. And there's nothing racist in that comment.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I am Black..
African American.
Why be so Racist?
Sorry....
Yes?
Ass hurt right now?
View Quote
your writing style is all fucked up. What race is that associated with?

Go be racist and peddle your racist shit somewhere else
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I am Black..
African American.
Why be so Racist?
Sorry....
Yes?
Ass hurt right now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks,
I am Black..
African American.
Why be so Racist?
Sorry....
Yes?
Ass hurt right now?
What does your color have to do with your 7th grade level writing?
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 12:31:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Well this thread took an odd turn.

Anyhoo- back to the original question; personally I've never seen a reproduction of a classic gun ever appreciate in value anywhere close to the classic.  Don't buy it based on it's investment potential.  To me, the main appeal of the STG77 special is the more streamlined original scope profile, vs the modern railed version which I find unsightly.  And I like the handle design of the original more than the current version.  Aside from that, no, there's really little appeal to the STG 77 to me.  The A3M1 has the bolt release button, which is nice I suppose.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 5:59:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

your writing style is all fucked up. What race is that associated with?

Go be racist and peddle your racist shit somewhere else
View Quote
Please explain.

Why did you not use a Capital letter on the word of your first sentence. ( Retarded )

Please explain why you didn't use a period at the end of your second sentence.

I'm getting sick to my F stomach.

I need to contact someone.  I need to fix my belly hurt... Who should I call?

This really sucks.

Mom - Dad,, Where are you?
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#37]
What the hell people?  Seriously?  OP can start a new thread on his question, and anyone not behaving gets escalated to Staff for a subforum ban.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top