BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In Range recently did a mud test of the X95. The AR style magazine release was one of the primary failure points. It seized up in the mud. Probably due to the linkage. The SAR/AUG magazine release is a bit more robust and forgiving.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
F the haters x95 is best with it's AR controls.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/296004/IMG-2080-168871.JPG
In Range recently did a mud test of the X95. The AR style magazine release was one of the primary failure points. It seized up in the mud. Probably due to the linkage. The SAR/AUG magazine release is a bit more robust and forgiving.
Mud tests like that are for entertainment more than anything else. When is your firearm going to get that dirty? Also if in some weird scenario it gets completely submerged in watery mud some is going down the bore and firing with a bore obstruction is a bad idea. Hell in basic when practicing low crawling you even practice how to baby your rifle to keep it from getting crap in it while low crawling. So while I like the inrange guys and enjoy watching the mud tests I wouldn't read too much into them as the only scenario it fits is getting in a firefight after a enemy combatant sneaks up and dumps a shovel full of mud strategically on your receiver but goes to great lengths to not create a bore obstruction.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]
If I had the option right now between the 2, x95 would be my clear choice. Every AUG I've ever held and shot felt really cheap to me. (Personal opinion) the x95 is a more well thought out design. It's got controls where I like them. Plus it uses good affordable magazines. I'd imagine that AUG mags are not cheap
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If I had the option right now between the 2, x95 would be my clear choice. Every AUG I've ever held and shot felt really cheap to me. (Personal opinion) the x95 is a more well thought out design. It's got controls where I like them. Plus it uses good affordable magazines. I'd imagine that AUG mags are not cheap
View Quote
mags are currently in the $18-$25 range
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:02:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
F the haters x95 is best with it's AR controls.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/296004/IMG-2080-168871.JPG
View Quote
Ya know....based on this, I handled an X95 yesterday.  I couldn't put it back on the shelf fast enough.  The SAR is a much more ergonomic gun, IMO, controls withstanding.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ya know....based on this, I handled an X95 yesterday.  I couldn't put it back on the shelf fast enough.  The SAR is a much more ergonomic gun, IMO, controls withstanding.
View Quote
I thought I was the only one. I strongly prefer the SAR
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I believe you should never sell any gun.
View Quote
You've never bought a crappy gun before? If I buy a lemon it's gone or for any number of other reason. I've sold guns because they were unreliable, uncomfortable or even if they didn't fill a niche that another gun didn't already do better. I'd rather sell something I don't want and buy something I would use.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Tavor Sar. I do have a question about the Aug. I don't know much about the Aug but I have heard it's reliable as is my Tavor. My Tavor runs everything i put through it. About 90% of the time I run brass through my Tavor but i know it's reiable with steel cased ammo as well. How does the Aug do with steel ammo?

Thank you
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 2:29:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a Tavor Sar. I do have a question about the Aug. I don't know much about the Aug but I have heard it's reliable as is my Tavor. My Tavor runs everything i put through it. About 90% of the time I run brass through my Tavor but i know it's reiable with steel cased ammo as well. How does the Aug do with steel ammo?

Thank you
View Quote
They're fine with steel case.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I thought I was the only one. I strongly prefer the SAR
View Quote
I felt the same until I got an X95 with an 18 inch barrel and  thin butt plate.  The LOP is at least an inch or more shorter than my  SAR with a manticore pad. It feels very compact even with the 18 inch barrel.  The  SAR feels unbalanced and heavy compared to this X95. I have not been to the range yet but  may sell my SAR if it shoots as well as it handles.

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Dupe
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thank you
View Quote
Both are street legal, military grade weapons - that said, some people have experienced cycling issues with Russian ammo..which of course is steel
cased and I think that is no fault of the weapon - Russian .223 is underpowered in my opinion and a simple adjustment on the gas regulator on the AUG
should fix that.
That said I have shot some domestically produced ammo that was steel cased (I think it was Hornady) and it shot with no issues.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#12]
If the Lithgow/caracal export gun comes to market here and doesn't feel like ass, it might be my choice.

Until then, I like my upgraded SAR over any other comers.

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#13]
DON'T DO IT!

(never shot either) But I did get to fondle a foreign soldiers AUG... He liked my M16A2 more... said it felt light.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#14]
A 20" AUG A2 with built in optic weighs 1 lb less than an M16A2 with irons
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I personally believe the AUG is the best 5.56mm weapon in the world. My first AUG style rifle was the MSAR E4. I really enjoyed it, but wound up selling it along with most of my old gun collection when I was unemployed for three years. When I got working again and started a new arsenal I knew I wanted another bullpup. I looked at the Tavor SAR and AUG A3 extensively and settled on the AUG for a number of reasons. I was already familiar with the platform, it has a long and sterling history of reliability in various combat zones, it has one of the most rugged magazine designs ever created, and it felt like a much better quality weapon than the Tavor to me. I may one day own an X95, but I still prefer the AUG.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I felt the same until I got an X95 with an 18 inch barrel and  thin butt plate.  The LOP is at least an inch or more shorter than my  SAR with a manticore pad. It feels very compact even with the 18 inch barrel.  The  SAR feels unbalanced and heavy compared to this X95. I have not been to the range yet but  may sell my SAR if it shoots as well as it handles.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/dntama/IMG_0474_zpsw3f94hds.jpg
View Quote
That picture makes me want to copy you . Did you just call up IWI and order the barrel or did it ship like that? All I see on their website for barrels is for the sar and while mostly the same isn't the plate on the barrel the charging handle rod runs against different on them?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:15:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I sure would like to find a 1/7 twist barrel for the Aug. That would seal it as my choice.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top