Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2016 5:50:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Neat.  The price point is sane, I'm seriously thinking on this.  

Someone odd question for you - is there a way to zip a conventional stripper clip into this rig?  I do a lot of bulk reloading, and end up with a lot of ammo on stripper clips for storage (I don't like storing loose, and clips are way cheaper than plastic ammo boxes).  It looks like this rig works better than trying to zip a stripper clip directly into a mag.

Also, what are your thoughts on mounting this vertically, like on a wall, so that it can be permanently installed in an armory or gun room, and used to quickly pre-load mags prior to a range trip?
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Also, could you please speak a little on your polymer chemistry and selection?   Is this HDPE?  Is this similar to a PMag polymer science?  other?
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll take one!
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet, I'm interested. Will the AUG version also work with AR mags or maybe 5.56 AK mags? If not it's not a deal killer. Looks like AK mags would be a no go.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#7]
This is pretty freaking cool!  I like the design; it's simple, has no little parts to break, and looks like you could use it as an impact weapon should the need ever present itself, then go back to loading mags.

Will you be doing one for 7.62x51mm SR-25/DPMS pattern mags?
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#8]
ps the aug takes a 42 round mag not a 30!

Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:44:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We'll have to check on that and let you know. I'm assuming you're referring to the AUG loader?  It's going to be dependent on the loader's magazine interface. We specifically made these loaders for guys in the military who are stuck loading thousands of rounds a day. Some of the guys we've worked with all said the same thing about their clips, the clips themselves were bad or the spoons were always out of wack. So they'd remove the rounds from the clips and load the mags by hands.

The mounting idea is more than a thought to us. One of the things we've tried to do is incorporate standards and uniformity within the design of all of our products. One of the big ones is the shape and location of the handle. We have a mounting piece that is designed to interface will all of our loaders so you can store the loaders on the wall or secure them to a work table or range bench. It is one of the many things we have already developed, just far back in the queue in terms of putting on our site. If you'd like, we can include one or two pre-production ones to play around with if you order one of our loaders.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone odd question for you - is there a way to zip a conventional stripper clip into this rig?  I do a lot of bulk reloading, and end up with a lot of ammo on stripper clips for storage (I don't like storing loose, and clips are way cheaper than plastic ammo boxes).  It looks like this rig works better than trying to zip a stripper clip directly into a mag.

Also, what are your thoughts on mounting this vertically, like on a wall, so that it can be permanently installed in an armory or gun room, and used to quickly pre-load mags prior to a range trip?

We'll have to check on that and let you know. I'm assuming you're referring to the AUG loader?  It's going to be dependent on the loader's magazine interface. We specifically made these loaders for guys in the military who are stuck loading thousands of rounds a day. Some of the guys we've worked with all said the same thing about their clips, the clips themselves were bad or the spoons were always out of wack. So they'd remove the rounds from the clips and load the mags by hands.

The mounting idea is more than a thought to us. One of the things we've tried to do is incorporate standards and uniformity within the design of all of our products. One of the big ones is the shape and location of the handle. We have a mounting piece that is designed to interface will all of our loaders so you can store the loaders on the wall or secure them to a work table or range bench. It is one of the many things we have already developed, just far back in the queue in terms of putting on our site. If you'd like, we can include one or two pre-production ones to play around with if you order one of our loaders.

OK, I'll take you up on that!

FYI, I plan on doing a set of tests with this.  I'm going to time how quick it is to load magazines this way vs clips vs by hand.  I'm also going to do some tests to see what it takes to make the AUG loader work with AR mags - because I suspect with a little effort, I can do that.

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take you up on that, been looking for a bulk AUG mag loader forever- how do I order to include the proto mount, and how to send feedback?

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:33:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
ps the aug takes a 42 round mag not a 30!
View Quote

Thus the marks including a 12...fill to 30, load, fill to 12, load to top off a 42.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#16]
What keeps rounds from popping out of the channel as pressure is put on them from the top?
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I received mine today. This thing is a solid chunk of plastic - it would probably survive anything you could do to it short of a tracked vehicle or shooting it. Unfortunately my schedule is too tight to spend any amount of time with it until the weekend.

A couple quick observations:

Pros
Heavy, solid, seems nearly indestructible.
Polymer is slick.
It came with a prototype pusher (see below for cons). The pusher is nicely shaped and seems easy enough to push with your hand. There are two drill holes in it - maybe for a handle? Don't know.
It also came with a prototype mounting piece which fits snugly into the handle cutout and is drilled for two supplied panhead screws.
The round count marks are a great idea, but can not confirm if that is where the actual rounds line up (no use yet).

Cons
It is not something that I would carry in my backpack or bag unless you drive - park - and sit at a bench. It's "heavy".
The screws were nice to have for the mounting piece, but I would prefer a countersunk wood screw in place of the small diameter panhead screws.
While the loading channel is smooth and free of burs, the sides where the loader contacts have some burs/chatter that make it slide not so freely. Will probably take a razor to it.

No actual use yet, will update in a few days.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 1:41:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just PM us on here with your order info so we know who you are and we'll see what we can do for ya!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Just PM us on here with your order info so we know who you are and we'll see what we can do for ya!

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take you up on that, been looking for a bulk AUG mag loader forever- how do I order to include the proto mount, and how to send feedback?

Done, look forward to receiving it and loading some mags!
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 2:48:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Got mine.  It is indeed quite large.  I loaded a couple mags with it, but really just starting with it, so kind of soon to say much definitive.  Here is what I think so far.

The construction looks quite good, or at least it looks like it.  Packaging and shrink wrap was professionally done, and the little note that came with it was pretty neat. It came with their experimental pusher, and the experimental mounting piece.  The mounting piece fits into the gap of the handle.  I didn't see their included mounting screws, so had used a couple deck screws to mount it to a support beam of the house.  I'm kind of glad I did, the supplied screws seem a bit shallow, for the torques that maybe this will see.  

The vertical mount system is simple, yet really quite clever, since you can pop the unit off the wall for flat applications, or to take to the range with you.  Yet it is stored vertically, out of the way.  I suppose there is potential for the mating of the mounting spacer to the unit to grow loose, so we'll see.   Also, it seems to me there's no reason not to insert an empty magazine, and then charge the unit with 30 rounds, without insertion - that way keeping your mag spring empty until ready for use
I grabbed a 42 round mag, and have to say it was a bitch inserting it into the unit.  But I was warned it takes a little break in, and this will get easier after a few tries.  And that appears to be true.  

The pusher has a couple holes drilled in it.  Not sure why, but cool enough.   At first I didn't like how the pusher took a small amount of effort to insert into the top chamber area, but in retrospect, I actually kind of like it.  It helps it stay in place.

I used it once horizontally, and then a couple times vertically.  Vertical application is different that horizontal.  If you just try inserting the rounds from the top, and let them fall to the bottom of the channel, they don't always make it, some falling out.   But if you just insert the rounds directly into the channel half way down, that works pretty well.  They fall the rest of the way, and gravity holds them in place nicely.  So I loaded up thirty rounds.  Inserted the pusher and zip - pretty much that fast.  I had to chuckle, it was something, I've never seen a mag go from 0 to 30 in less than half a second.  All 30 really go in as easy as advertised.  Kind of amazing.  So I did it again, but didn't hold the mag with my support hand, so it ended up blowing off the mag towards the end.  Not really a system deficiency, you need to keep you support hand on the mag to counter the notable insertion force being applied.  That's reasonable.

So, here's the thing.  I'm not sure this is really a massive time saver.  Getting your rounds lined up in the unit takes a little time.  By the time you insert the magazine, insert the rounds, and zip, you probably could have hand loaded almost as quick.  Maybe that opinion will change with further use, in which case I'll update this.  One thing is for sure, this is the ultimate thumb saver.  If you're the type who just loads one mag..  eh, maybe you don't need this.  If you are going to charge up 6 mags full, on your way to a 3-gun shoot, then you know, that's 180 rounds that had to be pushed in with your thumb one by one, and this is a handy alternative.  

Also, if you're going to be doing a range outing with your buddies and might blow through 10 mags or more..  .yea, pull this off the wall and bring it with you.  I intend to do some stop-watch tests when time allows, on how long it takes me to load a magazine conventionally, and how long it takes me to load a magazine via this system, to better quantify.  

Additional things beyond the design specification of this unit, but would be neat (i.e. not a customer expectation nor demand)
-For the heck of it, I also intend to see how well it works on AR magazines as is (for which it is not designed).  And how if there is something I can jury rig to help it work on AR magazines.  It's a $60 item, which is about the value of a couple mags, so not exactly tremendous, but discretionary.  If I can figure out to make it work with AR magazines too, then that would be pretty neat.  (Update, just tested this.  Totally worked.  Take an AR mag, hold it in the mag location the entire time,  Drop in the 30 rounds..  Press on the AR Mag, and ZIP, 30 rounds go right in the AR mag - no problem.  So that's very cool.  Very cool indeed, you can indeed use this to load up AR mags in addition to AUG mags.  It's not as good as the dedicated AR mag loader, but works.  

-Another thing that would be extra neat, is if there were a way I could strip stripper clips into it.  That would speed up things considerably, if I could charge this charging channel, from the common stripper clip, which is how I store a lot of my ammo.   Looking at it... maybe you can... maybe..

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I was able to spend some time with the AUG mag loader today. All I can say is that I'm impressed. I wish I had something similar to this a long time ago...

I have a ton of mags and randomly pulled a 30rd and 42rd mag to use for timed loadings. They both randomly happen to have green baseplates/followers. The 30rd mag was made in 1987, with the 42rd mag made in 1989.

With the mag loader on a bench top (moving freely, not secured with the mounting piece) I started with the 30rd mag first. My first ever attempt loading a magazine with the ACEM mag loader gave me a time of 1:28 (using the stopwatch on my phone). Every subsequent mag loaded had a significantly shorter time, including the 42rd mags. I was only going to load five times, but after seeing the other times I was getting, I decided to call the first attempt an outlier and throw it out.

Times for 30rd AUG mag:

1. 1 minute 28 seconds

2. 50 seconds
3. 38 seconds
4. 45 seconds
5. 42 seconds
6. 52 seconds

Average of loads 2-6: 45 seconds

Next I moved onto the 42rd mag. The first attempt was made by loading 12rds first, then 30rds. All other loads were done by loading 30rds first, then finishing up with 12rds. I had a problem on the 6th attempt. More on that below.

Times for 42rd AUG mag:

1. 1 minute 7 seconds
2. 54 seconds
3. 50 seconds
4. 58 seconds
5. 55 seconds

Average of loads 1-5: 57 seconds

I have a "9+1" AUG magazine and decided to try that out. Only ran 3 loads because unloading wasn't fun without being being able to remove the sealed baseplate (as I was doing with the 30 and 42rd mags - just because it's easier than stripping rds one by one).

Times for 9rd AUG mag:

1. 16 seconds
2. 14 seconds
3. 14 seconds

Average: 15 seconds

I ran into two problems:

Every once in a while a rd would get "stuck" parallel to the loading overhang in the channel. It only takes a second to clear it out, but it was annoying.

The real problem that arose was on the last attempt with the 42rd magazine. After loading 30rds and upon trying to push in 12 more, only 11 went in. I stopped the timer thinking I put 13rds in the loader accidentally, but on removing the mag, the top two rds were jammed up together next to each other. One more rd fit after fixing the jam. I've never had that happen manually loading mags before. Don't know why it happened, but also don't really care as long as it doesn't keep occurring...

I was going to time loading mags with my other conventional pusher type loaders, by hand, and with the Aussie 15rd mag chargers - but honestly I won't ever use those again, nor load mags by hand again. This loader is so quick and easy, not to mention my thumbs aren't sore. It loads so easily that nothing comes close in terms of time spent loading mags and effort expended.

BEST $59 EVER SPENT.

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I was able to spend some time with the AUG mag loader today. All I can say is that I'm impressed. I wish I had something similar to this a long time ago...

<snip>

BEST $59 EVER SPENT.

View Quote

Can't think of a better endorsement than this.  Now to dig up some cash and place an order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top