Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:48:50 AM EDT
Hi,
I am trying to decide whether it is worth the premium for me to go with an E4 or to go with the much cheaper STG-556 and buy the MSAR mags ($20ea).

I have about 10 of the first gen P-Mags, half a dozen Alum GI mags (which I keep for mainly range use), and about 8 Lancer L5 (not the L5A) mags.

As such I would like to know if either the regular Lancer L5's and/or the first Gen P-Mags will fit the E4, if not then it's not really a benefit for me to go with the E4 as I would have to buy another dozen of the newer model P or E Mags, at which point I would just as well stick with the STG and it's proprietary mags.

Can anyone offer actual first hand experience with respect to my question above, or perhaps explain to me why it is worth the extra $300+ to go with the E4 over the STG??

Thanks in advance,
Stazi
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:02:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Lancers, PMAGS, and GI mags all work in mine.  You should be good.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:09:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool thanks!

PS - I assume that your Lancer mags are the L5's and not the L5A's, correct?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lancers, PMAGS, and GI mags all work in mine.  You should be good.

+1.   But I don't know the difference bteween the Lancer mags

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I have no first hand experience with Lancers, BUT I am not positive the older L5 mags worked with the E4.  Can someone else with standard L5's confirm?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had issues with NHMTG USGI 20 metal mags not going in, and older Lancer mags did not fit.  Unsure on newer.

PMAG 20 & 30 rounders, and USGI 30 rounders work fine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cool thanks!

PS - I assume that your Lancer mags are the L5's and not the L5A's, correct?

Whichever one does not have the rib around it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Those are the L5A's.

Dang it.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]
So I tested out my new-to-me E4. It ran fine with first generation P-mags and of course the supplied "window" P-mags.

It will NOT take the Lancer L5's up high enough to engage the mag catch due to the rib around the L5's. I am almost considering sanding down the rib off one of them to see if it will work.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So I tested out my new-to-me E4. It ran fine with first generation P-mags and of course the supplied "window" P-mags.

It will NOT take the Lancer L5's up high enough to engage the mag catch due to the rib around the L5's. I am almost considering sanding down the rib off one of them to see if it will work.

There is a guy on another forum I frequent (I'm a forum slut) that did just what you are talking about.  He said once he sanded down the rib, all was well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:48:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Ok, L5 mag mods complete. I ground the top rib on the L5 mags almost flush with the sides body and ALSO where the rib runs around the back of the mag as that inteferes big-time with the E4 stock. Now they lock in perfectly!

I tried a few out by hand cycling the action and they all feeds well without any issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top