Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 5:10:55 PM EDT
Any news or update on the MCS in 9mm?
I had to spend my play money on this for the meantime but I'm still interested in a 9mm bullpup.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
M.C.S.

Mystery Carbine System?

My Carbine Someday?

May Completely Suck?  

That last one is a bit harsh but Im just triing to have fun.

On a side note- I do like that 9mm system that you have.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
awsome !!!! who makes that setup
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
M.C.S.

Mystery Carbine System?

My Carbine Someday?

May Completely Suck?  

That last one is a bit harsh but Im just triing to have fun.

On a side note- I do like that 9mm system that you have.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
awsome !!!! who makes that setup

Spike's Tactical 9mm billet upper & Spike's barrel, DDLES dedicated 9mm 7075 billet lower.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Been waiting for nearly 2 months for my DDLES 9mm lower.. How long did it take for you to get yours? The only thing I can think of is they are engraving my name and sh!t in it.. Last I talked to them it was a wire edm...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Been waiting for nearly 2 months for my DDLES 9mm lower.. How long did it take for you to get yours? The only thing I can think of is they are engraving my name and sh!t in it.. Last I talked to them it was a wire edm...

It took them 3 months to ship my lower because they were having it made. I wasn't too much in a rush because I was still scraping coins for the upper. It was worth the wait for me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a shame MSAR didn't have the capacity to develop and produce these when they first started talking and promoting them, they would have made an absolue killing.  Now there is a definate current of frustration and anger over how they handled the situation, and they really have lost some good business.  It's a shame, though, had a lot of fun on the 50 or so page MCS post awhile back, but people were getting pretty pissy about the overall situation, and they had to shut it down.  I'm on the ratworx list, and have the money, so I probably will buy one, but then again, maybe no––I really wanted one that could convert from 9mm (for proctice) to 10mm for serious work.  Now it sounds like they won't get to the 10mm.  I already have a Beretta Storm, may get a Colt 9mm instead.  Oh, well, they are just guns, not exactly lost books from the bible or something.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's a shame MSAR didn't have the capacity to develop and produce these when they first started talking and promoting them, they would have made an absolue killing.  Now there is a definate current of frustration and anger over how they handled the situation, and they really have lost some good business.  It's a shame, though, had a lot of fun on the 50 or so page MCS post awhile back, but people were getting pretty pissy about the overall situation, and they had to shut it down.  I'm on the ratworx list, and have the money, so I probably will buy one, but then again, maybe no––I really wanted one that could convert from 9mm (for proctice) to 10mm for serious work.  Now it sounds like they won't get to the 10mm.  I already have a Beretta Storm, may get a Colt 9mm instead.  Oh, well, they are just guns, not exactly lost books from the bible or something.

Don't use ARFcom as a gauge of what the public will or won't buy or for that matter what the general mood towards something is.  A small percentage of the purchasing public comes here and while some companies make their money from plying the boards, I don't think that MSAR sold 15,000+ rifles to only people who read this site.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Still being sort of new to firearms and shooting, I see that this topic comes up quite a bit. I am left wondering what one wants these rifles in a 9mm or 40S&W for? I am not trying to be condescending, but more I am trying to understand what many use these rifles in a pistol caliber for? Are they mostly bought just for close range shooting  for fun and varmint shooting, or are actually accurate at greater distances? My guess would be the former, but if someone could enlighten me on why people like to buy these other than the fact that they look cooler than shit? FWIW-One time at my local range a guy was shooting one of those Beretta storm 9mm carbine rifles. He let me try it out. That thing was pretty freaking fun to shoot, but I am not sure what I would use it for other than just to have fun with at the range, so I thought I would ask why others seem to really like them or what they use them for. Thanks guys...

PS-To the original poster, that is a pretty cool looking rifle you got there. ..

Mav
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Still being sort of new to firearms and shooting, I see that this topic comes up quite a bit. I am left wondering what one wants these rifles in a 9mm or 40S&W for? I am not trying to be condescending, but more I am trying to understand what many use these rifles in a pistol caliber for? Are they mostly bought just for close range shooting  for fun and varmint shooting, or are actually accurate at greater distances? My guess would be the former, but if someone could enlighten me on why people like to buy these other than the fact that they look cooler than shit? FWIW-One time at my local range a guy was shooting one of those Beretta storm 9mm carbine rifles. He let me try it out. That thing was pretty freaking fun to shoot, but I am not sure what I would use it for other than just to have fun with at the range, so I thought I would ask why others seem to really like them or what they use them for. Thanks guys...

PS-To the original poster, that is a pretty cool looking rifle you got there. ..

Mav

pistol caliber carbines can:

1. be supressed easier due to subsonic rounds
2. are allowed on indoor ranges that rifle calibers are not
3. can be cheaper to shoot
4. lighter (especially the MCS compared to the STG)
5. often less expensive
6. can have less recoil- good for training new shooters and for quick follow up shots
7. simpler internally, and often easier to clean
8. can share mags with your pistol
9. are something different and cool to own.

Besides, not every gun has to be all about terminal ballistics, I am sure you have more than one or two rifles in your collection, right?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
pistol caliber carbines can:

1. be supressed easier due to subsonic rounds
2. are allowed on indoor ranges that rifle calibers are not
3. can be cheaper to shoot
4. lighter (especially the MCS compared to the STG)
5. often less expensive
6. can have less recoil- good for training new shooters and for quick follow up shots
7. simpler internally, and often easier to clean
8. can share mags with your pistol
9. are something different and cool to own.

Never thought about some of those points. Thanks for sharing...

Quoted:
I am sure you have more than one or two rifles in your collection, right?  

LOL-not nearly as many as most of you guys, but I am working on that one!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Funny that you mention it, I also spent my money elsewhere, only I won't be buying the MCS...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice! Which one is that? Some type of 9mm semi-auto MP5 clone I take it?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Mav

My main reasons for a 9mm bullpup;
*Cheaper ammo to shoot.
*Uses same mags as my Glock 17 without looking weird.
*Shorter overall length than my 9mm AR.
*Bottom ejection port.
*Can still be used for home defense with good 147gr HP.
*And of course, great fun at the range.

On the issue of home defense, I remember a LE officer in another forum saying that he's never seen anyone surviving a burst of 9mm to the face. Funny.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:15:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Nice! Which one is that? Some type of 9mm semi-auto MP5 clone I take it?

Thanks! It's a 9mm Bobcat BW5-FS. Very well made, regardless of what the internexperts have to say. This one is an SBR project.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:43:08 AM EDT
[#16]
So many cool guns, so little time and money...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I still want one because it is perhaps THE best home defense carbine steup. IMO. Truly ambidextrious, compact, 33 rounds of OMGWTF and lightweight. All you need is a good flash suppressor (or silencer) and get ready to rock.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:50:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I still want one because it is perhaps THE best home defense carbine steup. IMO. Truly ambidextrious, compact, 33 rounds of OMGWTF and lightweight. All you need is a good flash suppressor (or silencer) and get ready to rock.

That made me blow bits of donut all over my monitor!   LOL!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:48:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I picked up a Kel-tec sub 2000 in 9mm when the MCS seemed to be just on the horizon. I figured if i had a mag compatible platform to begin with i would pickup more glock mags in the process. I never really intended the kel-tec to be anything more than a trunk gun. But in the absense of the MCS i must say its quite a reliable platform that fits nicely into a laptop bag.

If the MCS cameout tommrow I would wait a few months for the problems to be noticed and then addressed. After which i would grab two
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My main reasons for a 9mm bullpup;
*Cheaper ammo to shoot.
*Uses same mags as my Glock 17 without looking weird.
*Shorter overall length than my 9mm AR.
*Bottom ejection port.
*Can still be used for home defense with good 147gr HP.
*And of course, great fun at the range.

Thanks

Quoted:
On the issue of home defense, I remember a LE officer in another forum saying that he's never seen anyone surviving a burst of 9mm to the face. Funny.

Yeah I don't think anyone would be walking away from that!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
This one is an SBR project.

SBR? Forgive me I am new to the lingo...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Short Barreled Rifle

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This one is an SBR project.

SBR? Forgive me I am new to the lingo...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Ahh...now it's obvious...
Thx
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#25]
So basically no progress has been made on the MCS whatsoever?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top