Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 7:18:18 PM EDT
Was going through a catalog from a Swiss shop and thought some might find it interesting to see what's available "over there."

There's about a 1:1 dollar to franc rate about now, .98 usd to be specific... so you can get an Aug for 2950 or so.

Here's the catalog

Never seen a stock on an M9 either...

and finally, a product that used to made by  Steyr...

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess in Europe rules for short barrel rifles are different than here. Would love a shoulder stock for my M40 and my
SPP.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I guess in Europe rules for short barrel rifles are different than here. Would love a shoulder stock for my M40 and my
SPP.

Can't you SBR it and add the stock?  I'm not real clear on the NFA rules, so I don't know if that's an option.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
SPP.

Can't you SBR it and add the stock?  I'm not real clear on the NFA rules, so I don't know if that's an option.

Yes, I believe he was saying in Europe they don't differ from "class3" to "regular legal" like we are hit with in the usa
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SPP.

Yes, I believe he was saying in Europe they don't differ from "class3" to "regular legal" like we are hit with in the usa

They have to register them all anyway, so short barrel, long barrel, makes no difference.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#5]
$200 tax stamp + what it costs to engrave the receiver. Then a pain if you ever want to sell it.
Haven't felt that making a SBR out of a pistol is worth it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:28:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll take the 9mm version thank you very much.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:19:42 AM EDT
[#7]
The 9mm Para is sweet.

Switzerland is a beautiful nation. They appear to have excellent gun laws and they have enough nuclear fallout shelters to shelter their entire population. Not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll take the 9mm version thank you very much.

Hey, that's the same thing I said to myself .
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:59:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone know if they sell just the 9mm barrel, bolt, and mag adapter in Europe?  Would that even work in an  US made AUG?

I have a client in Austria.  I wonder if there is any way to get myself a kit.  (legally of course)
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if they sell just the 9mm barrel, bolt, and mag adapter in Europe?  Would that even work in an  US made AUG?

I have a client in Austria.  I wonder if there is any way to get myself a kit.  (legally of course)

Pete Athens of PJs sells 9mm kits.. He might be able to sell what to want.

I don't think your client in Austria could get you a barrel here legally
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#11]
$3k for a semi automatic? No thanks. We get them cheaper here!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#12]
$3k for a semi automatic? No thanks. We get them cheaper here!
Yeah and doesn't the government issue them a  machinegun anyway when they do their service time that they get to keep for life?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Granted, the prices may be figured differently over there. I.e. The 280 franc mosin.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Repeal the NFA now, or lower the stamp price. It's for our children...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
or lower the stamp price.

Lol @ that.  You think $200 is too much in 2010?  Try $200 for a stamp in 1934, when it came out.

If this calculator is accurate, the ATF should have raised the stamp to $3,300 to keep up with inflation.  
http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm

$200 sucks, but it's nothing compared to how bad it used to be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top