Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or maybe an O-ring?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The .30 SC is tapered, and while the case diameter at the mouth is about the same as the .32 caliber revolver cartridges, the base is considerably larger and will not fit. The .32 ACP will, and it's even semi-rimmed. The 7.65 French should fit as well, but it is rimless and would need a very thin "moon clip" to work.

Or maybe an O-ring?

or in a pinch, snap rings?

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The .30 SC is tapered, and while the case diameter at the mouth is about the same as the .32 caliber revolver cartridges, the base is considerably larger and will not fit. The .32 ACP will, and it's even semi-rimmed. The 7.65 French should fit as well, but it is rimless and would need a very thin "moon clip" to work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone tried a 30 SC in a 327 LCR yet?

I don't have a 32 revolver but I can tell you I am sizing 30 SC brass with a 32 H&R die and it runs in a 30 SC pistol so the dimensions are close enough that it could be made to work in a revolver chamber with either a slight reaming of the chamber or just sizing the brass to fit.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Have been sorting through a bucket of brass I brought home from the range this morning and so far I've got 75 pieces of 30SC brass. It looks like a magnum-length 32 Auto case.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Have been sorting through a bucket of brass I brought home from the range this morning and so far I've got 75 pieces of 30SC brass. It looks like a magnum-length 32 Auto case.
View Quote

If you don't want it I'll take it off your hands...
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I really want to see a barnes 75gr or 60gr 32 bullet out of a 30 super carry loaded to over 50k psi and 4 inch barrel. This would be an amazing round with little recoil. I might even send a box of 32 bullets to anyone willing to carry out the experiment.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really want to see a barnes 75gr or 60gr 32 bullet out of a 30 super carry loaded to over 50k psi and 4 inch barrel. This would be an amazing round with little recoil. I might even send a box of 32 bullets to anyone willing to carry out the experiment.
View Quote

If you get them to me I'll load them up and chrono them.

I am also trying to find some Lehigh .32 bullets. I know they make them but I haven't been able to find any actually in stock.

Link Posted: 8/28/2022 7:15:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up some carbide RCBS dies for this cartridge.

Going to see if I can set my Dillon 550 up to get these cranking.

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:44:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I just received some reloading data from Hodgdon yesterday.. I have also been advised by Lee they are finishing up the crimping die and they'll have the die set available in about 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I finally found some .30 SC brass at the range today. I'll save it for future trade stock and see how much I accumulate in the meanwhile.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Which shellplate are you planning on using?
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would use the same one as I use for 7.65 French - a modified 22 hornet shellplate.

The tapered part of the extractor groove on the shellplate can be easily ground into the shellplate with a Dremel, after a beer to steady your nerves at modifying a $40 plate.

Link Posted: 9/11/2022 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Any insight on bullet availability?

I loved those Magtech 71 gr. jhp bullets for the 7.65 French, but they have not been available for years.   I'd try my hand at making dies with a similar profile but jackets are as expensive as bullets if you can find them.

The only alternatives seem to be cast, those Godforsaken Berry's bullets, or blunt 32 ACP FMJs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#13]
.312” bullets would be great for plinking 303 Brit and 7.7 Japanese rifle loads.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:14:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
.312” bullets would be great for plinking 303 Brit and 7.7 Japanese rifle loads.
View Quote

I bought a bunch of 100gr pulled FMJ's and 100gr pulled HST's hoping I can make them work in 7.62x39
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:45:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Any insight on bullet availability?

I loved those Magtech 71 gr. jhp bullets for the 7.65 French, but they have not been available for years.   I'd try my hand at making dies with a similar profile but jackets are as expensive as bullets if you can find them.

The only alternatives seem to be cast, those Godforsaken Berry's bullets, or blunt 32 ACP FMJs.
View Quote

I've been using cast/powder coated and Hornady XTPs. I'd like to try some Lehighs but it looks like they aren't selling them anymore.

I'll try to get some Chrono data posted here soon. Been super busy the last year, it's been tough to get much range time.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just received some reloading data from Hodgdon yesterday.. I have also been advised by Lee they are finishing up the crimping die and they'll have the die set available in about 2 weeks.
View Quote

@Chundoo

Could you post what Hodgdon sent you here?

I've just been winging it. It would be nice to have some actual data.

Link Posted: 10/13/2022 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I am also trying to find some Lehigh .32 bullets. I know they make them but I haven't been able to find any actually in stock.

View Quote

I’ve only seen those bullets in loaded .32 ACP ammo from Underwood. I bet they would be a good fit for 30SC for fast, flat shooting, low recoil, and good penetration.  Gel tests look promising as a barrier blind, heavy clothing immune alternative to expanding jacketed lead designs.  

Thanks for posting up your reloading experiences.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I've only seen those bullets in loaded .32 ACP ammo from Underwood. I bet they would be a good fit for 30SC for fast, flat shooting, low recoil, and good penetration.  Gel tests look promising as a barrier blind, heavy clothing immune alternative to expanding jacketed lead designs.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've only seen those bullets in loaded .32 ACP ammo from Underwood. I bet they would be a good fit for 30SC for fast, flat shooting, low recoil, and good penetration.  Gel tests look promising as a barrier blind, heavy clothing immune alternative to expanding jacketed lead designs.  

They used to sell them as components and I almost bought them several times but never did. I guess I should have.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Is this basically the same round as the .30 Pederson, and with that, same load data?

Then again.. maybe not.  I suspect Pederson was rated for lower pressure

held a 80-grain bullet over 3.5 grains of bull’s-eye powder which gave a blistering 1300fps out of a rifle barrel.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Hodgdon to the rescue.  Screw you Vista/Alliant.

Hodgdon 30 Super Carry Data
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top