Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:
Rigging up a case feeder would be childs play for anyone with a modicum of mechanical ability.
View Quote
If it works fairly well this is my plan.

They only reason I have a 1050 on my wish list is for the swaging feature. If this will do it at 1/10 the price with a jury rigged case feeder I will probably never pony up for a 1050.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:37:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: K1rodeoboater] [#3]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
Patent drawings linked above indicate a four tube case feeder as part of the machine.
View Quote
1st world problems...I'd want a Dillon/Hornady feeder rigged up so I can bang away on it like a monkey on a drum set.

Though the lee 4 tube case feeder w/ funnel is a surprisingly eloquent and cheap solution for a case feeder.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I am excited to hear from men who have actually tried out this new machine - especially the swage feature !
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone gotten word on exactly what comes with the Deluxe kit?  I assume you still need to order the swager kits and any bullet sizing kits you need.  What about shell holders?
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Is it decapping and swaging pockets on one pass through?
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#10]

I haven't seen the press other than in pictures but I can't see how it would be.  Wouldn't the spent primer and decapping pin be in the way?  Also I doubt the decapping pin will work as a holddown rod during the swage process.
View Quote
Thanks for responding, your study matches mine.  I am in need of a standalone machine to decap and swage - preferably in one step.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 12:57:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I have the automated package on preorder with Titan.  Looking forward to seeing how it handles bulk depriming for wet tumbling and maybe even sizing 223.

Hoping it's a Christmas present and comes that week or earlier as I'm off work that entire week.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Is there anything on the market that'll deprime and swage on the same press?  Other than the 1050 or the Mark 7?

I think there's a market for an inexpensive brass processing machine.  Something that's got maybe three stations.  One to decap/size, one to swage that has a hold-down to keep from bending/popping case rims and one for trimming.  Make it with a vacuum manifold like the GSI tool head and I think we'd be all set.
View Quote
You would think so with the popularity of 300 blackout.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone pre-order yet? Titan and others are taking orders now.
View Quote
Yes I'm patiently waiting on mine from Titan.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Update from Lee towards bottom of page.  Looks promising.

Lee APP Press

But they dropped some bad news at the end

"I have a little bad news to report, and that is, we are likely going to miss the end of year ship date that I originally predicted. Two components on the automation package required tool modifications and a material change that has pushed us into the holiday season and progress grinds to a halt during these festive days."

Guess I'll have to wait
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 1:13:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#18]
I keep trying to warm up to this thing.

I wouldn't want this as a "starter press'.

I decap and size on my Dillon 550.

I don't size lead bullets.

I don't have to bulge-bust my pistol brass.

It is probably the most expensive ($200) way to remove primer pocket crimps, if that's all you use it for.  ($200 = $90 for 3 dies + $110 for the press.)
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Some YouTube guys are using the Lee on Dillon presees.
View Quote
Can't wrap my head around this... got any links you can provide?
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 4:45:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blowout] [#22]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGzmlvhcJyk
View Quote
Got up late and not enough coffee in me yet. Thought you were referring to the APP with a Dillon case feeder.

Thanks for sending. I haven't seen this video before.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I was thinking of trying it by connecting a flexible tube similar to the Mr Bullet Feeder one on the Dillon case feed and connecting it to to the APP.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah I've already got my bullet feeder set for nose down and I will have a case feeder just for the APP.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:45:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By j97531:
Thanks for responding, your study matches mine.  I am in need of a standalone machine to decap and swage - preferably in one step.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By j97531:

I haven't seen the press other than in pictures but I can't see how it would be.  Wouldn't the spent primer and decapping pin be in the way?  Also I doubt the decapping pin will work as a holddown rod during the swage process.
Agreed.  I thought at first that's what this press did.  That got me interested.  but apparently not - you have to run it through once,  pick them all up, swap out the press; and run them all again.  Including you have to manually fill the tube (if you don't have a casefeeder); to do so.   That doesn't really save me anything; I'm missing something because I'm not seeing the appeal to anyone who already has a progressive and Dillon bench-mounted crimp swager.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
I'm missing something because I'm not seeing the appeal to anyone who already has a progressive and Dillon bench-mounted crimp swager.
View Quote
+1

I think the appeal must be to those who do not.  It seems to appeal most strongly to casters and single stage reloaders.

For me, at a cost of $200, it would allow me to swage instead of ream primer pockets.  The thing is, for me, most of my brass does not have crimped primers and the drill press/reamer I use is really fast and cheap ($5).
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:44:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djryan13] [#29]
Appeal for some is bulge buster and bullet sizing. I have 2 Revolutions, one 1050, 2 550’s and an 1100 on order.... still looking for an easy cheap way to bust my bulge and size my bullets.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Melvin_Johnson] [#30]
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 4:41:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blowout] [#31]

That would seem straightforward. Some type of stand alone base that lines up with the APP feed tube should be all that's needed no?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That would seem straightforward. Some type of stand alone base that lines up with the APP feed tube should be all that's needed no?
Originally Posted By jbizzle:
I was thinking of trying it by connecting a flexible tube similar to the Mr Bullet Feeder one on the Dillon case feed and connecting it to to the APP.
This^

Thought a video might already be out there already of someone adapting a case feeder before the APP release.

In the Lee video, the guy has his left hand on the press stand to keep it steady while he cranks with the right. Not very ergonomic. The stand is likely to provide clearance for the bottle underneath, but this may not work if folks have their bench height taller like I do. I'd want to eliminate the bottle to drop the height and add a tube on the bottom to route to a bucket on the floor.

I usually bulge bust 500 - 1000 cases at a time and that little bottle isn't going to cut it either.

Probably getting ahead of myself and just need to wait till it comes out to figure out if it will work for my needs....
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Swaging primer pockets:

https://vimeo.com/380371581
View Quote
Case feeder should be really simple. The kick out eliminates the rubber band and sheet/towel method with the Dillon, lol.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By chewbacca:
Interesting
View Quote
Indeed!
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Im really fighting the urge to not buy this. Seems like i could deprime pistol cases in front of tv, then hand prime the cases in front of tv so they're ready for my lee turret.

Fudge
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Any pre-order people heard anything?  Probably not being Christmas and all. Hopefully these will be shipping soon.
View Quote
I haven't heard anything yet.  My order is through Titan.

Waiting patiently.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#38]
They said there was a delay and I'm seeing 1-24-2020 as the new date.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 2:11:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: monkeypunch] [#39]
Swaging primer pockets:

https://vimeo.com/380371581
View Quote
I am tired of reaming primer pockets on my FA case prep machine. My hands hate it, and it takes forever. Do you guys think this is better then a Dillon Super Swag? Realistically, its probable all I would use it for. I don't do lead bullets or anything like that.

Edit: just watched the recapping video on Titans website. I would probably use it for that too. I'm currently using a lee single stage and universal decapping die.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#40]
If I can get it to work with my Dillon case feeder, I’ll be selling my super swager.

I don’t care it’s over twice the cost, speed and reliability mean more than the money.

Can’t bring myself to pay what Dillon is asking for the CP2000.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Currently:
If I can get it to work with my Dillon case feeder, I’ll be selling my super swager.

I don’t care it’s over twice the cost, speed and reliability mean more than the money.

Can’t bring myself to pay what Dillon is asking for the CP2000.
View Quote
Looks like the Deluxe APP kit is $80 and a #4 swage die is $21.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I’m buying one of these once MidSouth has them in stock.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Asked about this press today. Looking at a few more weeks probably.
View Quote
Yeah, I went to Midsouth after work today and they said a month maybe.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#45]
In typical Lee fashion they are going to nickel and dime you for it to work at its full capabilities, but they really never tell you that in their hype.

I ordered one in early January, still haven't received it.  Got email from titan saying the lee swage kit I pre-ordered was old kit, and they updated to new kit which is $8.76 more...fine.  I bought this thing to quickly decap and then quickly swage.

APP deluxe kit $78.49 + new swage tool $31 = $110 plus $9.80 shipping = ~ $120

However, I contacted Lee and found out the 4 tubes in the deluxe automation kit are basically for bullets, yes 1 or 2 tubes will work for 9mm brass cases, or 223 cases, but you will need to fill those 1 or 2 tubes by hand repeatedly.  The collator will not work with it.

In order to get near un-interrupted thru-put you need the Universal Case Feeder.  Universal will have 4 tubes able to accept any size case, it will accept the cheesy plastic case collator, and it will rotate to a filled tube, after a one of four tubes is emptied.  The deluxe automation kit will not do this.  So, if you don't have that already, that's another $26 for the feed system and $12 for the collator not to mention more shipping costs.

They finally released the instructions on their website.  They actually have a caution in the instructions, that you should not use the press for resizing bottle neck cases with the new X-press shell holders!!

They also have notice in there that you may need a "heavy duty guided decapping" rod to your existing universal decap die...can't find a price for that, but again more nickel and dime stuff.  There was never any mention of this on their website touting the press.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By trdjohn:
However, I contacted Lee and found out the 4 tubes in the deluxe automation kit are basically for bullets, yes 1 or 2 tubes will work for 9mm brass cases, or 223 cases, but you will need to fill those 1 or 2 tubes by hand repeatedly.  The collator will not work with it.

In order to get near un-interrupted thru-put you need the Universal Case Feeder.  Universal will have 4 tubes able to accept any size case, it will accept the cheesy plastic case collator, and it will rotate to a filled tube, after a one of four tubes is emptied.  The deluxe automation kit will not do this.  So, if you don't have that already, that's another $26 for the feed system and $12 for the collator not to mention more shipping costs.
View Quote
Well that is a bummer I bought the automation kit thinking I could use it for cases to deprime large qtys of brass...it's already on it's way and will be here tomorrow.

I guess I got more junk to sit around on my bench as I don't cast my own bullets anymore.

If press works well I guess I will spend the money on the Universal Case Feeder...kind of fail this was conveyed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:00:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dryflash3] [#49]
Unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLXaV3JJkK0&t=0s

De-capping FAIL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3kpbcq1Vwo

Edit to make those links hot. (use the chain icon ) dryflash3
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top