Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2017 3:45:29 PM EDT
And it all comes down to the sifting pans provided with the Lyman, in my mind it just seems to be a better way to separate pins and brass.

I've used a Harbor Freight tumbler for yrs but it's time to upsize and upgrade.

Anyone used both and found the Lyman inferior?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Even better news.

Lyman is offering rebates on certain items, tumbler qualifies for $25!
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I took the drive mechanism from a Texas Instruments Dot Matrix printer (remember those?), $12 worth of material handling rollers, some scrap lumber, assorted fasteners and built my own.  The gears in the drive mechanism finally gave out last week, but it ran for more than 18,000 hours.  The nice thing about it was that since drum rode on the material handling rollers, any container that would fit could be used.  Plastic coffee cans for dry media.  A gallon glass pickle jar for went work.  And no, the media never caused any scratching or crazing of the glass; it remained just as transparent as it did when I built the contraption back in the early 1990's.

For its replacement, I plan to get a small Harbor Freight cement mixer, assemble it with gasket compound at the seams and use it as a rotary tumbler.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top