Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2017 6:32:40 PM EDT
I’m looking for data using a 147 gr fmjbt using lil-Gun powder for a subsonic load.

I’ve loaded them only supersonic with 15gr of Lil-Gun.

Any information is appreciated.

I’m using a CMMG 8.5” barrel with a 1-7 twist. Thanks ahead.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It may help if you mentioned the caliber this was for.  I reload 9mm and 147gr bullets are common in that caliber.  However 15gr of any powder would be....well not good; provided you could squish it in to a 9mm case..which I doubt
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It may help if you mentioned the caliber this was for.  I reload 9mm and 147gr bullets are common in that caliber.  However 15gr of any powder would be....well not good; provided you could squish it in to a 9mm case..which I doubt
View Quote
I'm gonna guess 300blk
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#4]
If your asking about the 147gr feed ok in my 300 Blackout...yes it did. It cycled very hard though.

I need to start another topic and ask what should I expect from the build I have.

I loaded 15gr and 16gr lilgun powder at 2.100 using CCI small rifle magnum primer. With 8.5” CMMG 1 in 7 twist.

At 50 yrds.... the 16gr shot better. But better isn’t good enough. I’m talking about maybe a 18” group...

I’m just starting reloading so I was told that I need to use a heavier bullet since I have a 1/7 twist. So I’m gonna try loading some Sierra 220 MK.

I’m having a hard time find specific load data for the subsonic SMK 220 using Lilgun powder. Only thing I’ve found was here on AR15’s site and it was .... SMK 220gr , Lilgun 9gr , 2.260”

So I’m gonna try that . Any ideas or past successful experiences loads are greatly appreciated. Thanks as always.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#6]
You're not gonna get 147's to run subsonic and cycle, unless gun is modified heavily to run subs only.

I've gotten 180's to cycle, but they are much louder.

A good 147 super load should run about 2-4moa easily.

You're most likely gonna be overgassed with supers, the reason it "cycled hard".

Start over and work up in .2 grain increments from 15-16grains(5 each) and put them on paper. I've always seated them to mid cannelure with mild crimp from Lee FCD.

If your new, read your manual front to back, use published data and slow down and pay attention.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're not gonna get 147's to run subsonic and cycle, unless gun is modified heavily to run subs only.

I've gotten 180's to cycle, but they are much louder.

A good 147 super load should run about 2-4moa easily.

You're most likely gonna be overgassed with supers, the reason it "cycled hard".

Start over and work up in .2 grain increments from 15-16grains(5 each) and put them on paper. I've always seated them to mid cannelure with mild crimp from Lee FCD.

If your new, read your manual front to back, use published data and slow down and pay attention.
View Quote
This

Get bullets above 200gr and it will be alot easier.  147s shoot decently as supers, generally right around 2" for a 5 shot group at 100 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top