Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2017 11:13:13 PM EDT
I loaded and fired my first twelve rounds of 38 S&W the other day.  I fired them out of a WWII Enfield Revolver.  This was the 1st handgun I ever shot as a boy.  I've not fired this revolver in over ten years due to difficulties in securing ammo for it.  Maybe I don't remember so well, but the two grains of Tite Group under a 145 Grain lead round nose bullet from Missouri Bullets seemed to bark more than the store bought ammo.  I did not shoot for accuracy as much as to see if the recipe is good enough to safely push bullets out of the barrel.  I plan to load thirty-eight more to test accuracy.  If that works out, I will load two fifty round boxes for plinking later in the year.  This looks like it will be pretty fun since it is a DAO revolver with a bobbed hammer.  Each trigger pull is making my grip strength better.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:20:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of bullets are you using?
View Quote
I am using .361" 145 Grain Round Nose lubed bullets from Missouri Bullet Company.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.mattsbullets.com

Matt's bullets sells .361 diameter bullets specifically for 38S&W & 38-200.  He sells both a MkI and MkII shaped bullets, although the original MkII was a FMJ and his is a lead bullet of the same profile.  His MkI mold is out for repair but it is a faithful reproduction of the original bullet that was used through WWII since they could not produce enough MkII ammo to meet demand.  A 200gr hemispherical RN soft lead bullet.  I am loading mine with 2.5gr of Bullseye for a blister 600fps from my Webley Mark IV very similar to the original ammo.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top