Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2017 9:52:18 AM EDT
You guys that are loading for an ar 15  in 6.5 grendel, can't decide if it makes a difference  using redding dies or lee dies at 1/3  of the cost.I do use redding for my precision  guns.this guns  will only be able to get to 500 yards right now range wise,and target only, no hunting,thanks bill ps the  rifle is the larue
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Lee sizing die over works the 6.5 Grendel brass and will shorten the life of your brass.   I have Hornady dies plus I picked up a set of RCBS 264 LBC dies.   Both are good to go but be forewarned the RCBS use a non standard small decapping pin to fit the Lapua 6.5 Grendel small flash hole.   A lot of 6.5 Grendel users like the bushing dies and micrometer seating dies but I,ve gotten good results with standard dies.   On 6.5 Grendel remember you have to full length size and bump the shoulder back .003 - .006 to ensure proper chambering in semi autos.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The only Lee dies I own are their 9mm, .40S&W and .45acp "U" dies I purchased from Evolution Gun Works (EGW).

One of the attractions of owning the 6.5 Grendel is the potential for great accuracy provided by the high quality, high B.C. bullets. I personally prefer the lightest match bullets for use in this caliber. Don't cheap out on the equipment if you're interested in making the most of your efforts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top