Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2017 10:35:55 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with Lehigh Defense bullets?

I recently purchased some Lehigh Defense 140g Xtreme Penetrators in .40 cal from Midway when they had them on sale... Was going to load a few to test when I placed the bullet in a lightly belled case (new unfired Starline 10MM), it dropped in to about where it should be seated without friction...

I measured a hand full and they are coming in at about .398 rather .400 as I would expect...

Does anyone know because these are solid copper that they would be undersized? I was a little suspect and started searching on google and ran across this..

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/01/jeremy-s/rip-glock-20-kaboom/

Going to send an email off to Lehigh, but thought I would post here to solicit feedback and as a potential heads up...
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Not an apples to apples comparison, but I loaded some of their .22 45 gr bullets in my .22 TCM* rifle loads and I didn't have any issues with sizing.

* I have a gunsmith built .22 TCM, not the standard armscore rifle.  Mentioned for anyone going to state the OAL won't fit the Magazine.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I ran into this with some of their .40 bullets. If I recall, I contacted them and they said they design them this way to reduce case bulge in some brass. They loaded and shot just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top