Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2017 9:22:05 AM EDT
I mentioned this in the "What have you done in the world of reloading today" thread, but thought I would post this as a separate thread for anyone who is interested...

After a few complete disassembly/cleaning/lubricating cycles with my XL650, I pretty much have the routine memorized, but thought I would type it up formally and take some pictures to insert to use as a guide when I need to do this again. I used the two Dillon videos as a guide, one on cleaning, and one on lubrication. I think it is easier to follow a written guide than to watch a few seconds of a video, hit pause, then watch some more, hit pause, etc. I do think the videos are good to watch if you are a total novice with the XL650 however.

Anyway... I have created this document that I printed, put into plastic sheet protectors, and then placed it into my reloading binder. I added the exploded diagrams from the Dillon manual at the end.

If anyone is interested, I am willing to email a copy if you PM me with your email address. I don't have an easy way to host this on a site (at least for now), so email is the only way I know to make a PDF available to those that want it.

Here is a cell phone snap shot of a couple of the pages so you can see what I am talking about:

Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool IM sent
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
IM sent.

Thanks for making this available to us XL650 users!
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 1:51:36 PM EDT
[#3]
This is great will send im.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for making this available to the rest of us!

IM sent with email info.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for emailing the guide. I provided one feedback item based on our earlier chat.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for emailing the guide. I provided one feedback item based on our earlier chat.
View Quote
Yep, thanks for your feedback. I fixed those 2 images, and sent you the revised copy (Rev 2). After editing that many images, I was getting tired. Those 2 were the last two I added as a matter of fact.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Jim:

You're all aces in my book.  Thank you so much for clearing up this mystery for me (and others, I presume).
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I would love a copy. Needing to break mine down for a good clean soon. Thanks for your work on this. PM Sent.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#10]
No problem everyone. I think I have sent out about 20 copies to folks around here (and many more from other forums).

I am now working on a Caliber Change Document, and will make that available when complete. I have added a bit more detail to this new document, such as specific instructions on how to remove the shell plate rather than just say "remove the shell plate". I assumed that folks knew how to do this, but I have had some feedback from new users that they would like to see this level of detail.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Thx Double!

IM sent!
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Received; thank you. Very professional and well put together.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you sir, for your generous offer.  A PM will be landing in your box soon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks. IM sent.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Really great of you, thank you! IM sent.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I am up to about 40-50 copies sent out just from this forum. Dang. Way more than I expected (in a good way, not a bad way!).

I wish I had a way to post it online for easy download, and I have been thinking about getting a hosted site anyway, so that may happen sooner rather than later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top