Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2010 8:37:57 PM EDT
Suffice it to say, a few of you might have been keeping track of things.

I used to be a reloading king, then the divorce.

Skip forward 2 years and now I stand.

Able to start doing workups and get back into the game.

I am very surprised that primers and certain powders are back on the market. Not at the same prices I was buying up stuff 5 years ago though...

I cant wait to have at least 10k in primers for every caliber I load for and to have x2 that in projectiles.

Life is good :)

Just this last week I have been able to load for a new .45 and do some workups for a new powder in .223 using some Hornady 75gn hpbt's :) Sweet!

A faint light at the end of the tunnel!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:00:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ex0331:

I am very surprised that primers and certain powders are back on the market. Not at the same prices I was buying up stuff 5 years ago though...

I cant wait to have at least 10k in primers for every caliber I load for and to have x2 that in projectiles.

Just this last week I have been able to load for a new .45 and do some workups for a new powder in .223 using some Hornady 75gn hpbt's :) Sweet!

Good for you... Been there, not once, but TWICE! Even the best (read easiest) divorces are still pretty ugly and it always takes a little while to get back on your feet and straightened out. Once you're all set up again it'll feel great.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:58:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ex0331:

Been there done that, except that my divorce and big sell off was about 10 years ago. I've been able to buy back almost all of the guns I had to sell, and am now working on getting set up to handload again. Luckily before I had to sell everything I was able to load lots of ammo, everything I had components for. It's lasted me a long time, and I still have a lot of that ammo.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:23:25 AM EDT
Welcome back!

I bet you've got a serious case of sticker shock comparing prices to a few years back....but hey, it was worse last year .
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:07:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:35:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:28:52 PM EDT
My (recently divorced) brother is stuck with paying 65K/year in alimony, so consider yourself lucky.
Top Top