Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 1:54:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jcwalsh] [#1]
Here is my new bench.  Having this link was a great source of ideas and inspiration.

Link Posted: 1/29/2018 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jcwalsh:
Here is my new bench.  Having this link was a great source of ideas and inspiration.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/jcwalsh/IMG_20180128_191608_zpsujhzmoeu.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/jcwalsh/IMG_20180124_153100_zpsxo8thntw.jpg
View Quote
Nice Work! I like it. Looks like Rockler T track?
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, Rockler
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Did some adding on today.  My original bench was getting a little crowded.  I stripped both the Rock Chuckers off my old bench, added a top to one of my high strength shelving units.  Bolted the top to some pine boards on the underside of the rack to give it more stability.  The old demolition crate is my new powder locker.  My second Rock Chucker will be added to the end of the new bench as soon as I get an accessory plate ordered.  I also added more lighting so I can see what I’m doing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Nothing fancy but it gets the job done. Some day I'd like to build a bench from the NRA plans. The Inline Fabrication stuff is worth more than its weight in gold.

Link Posted: 2/11/2018 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Started building it at Christmas.

I am also still brand new at reloading I've not reloaded a single thing yet still gathering equipment.

The total bench area is 16' wide. We turned our 2 car carport into a 2 car garage back during the summer.

The bench consists of my Matco tool box with stainless top from when I used to be a technician.

Then there is a solid oak countertop that I got from Ikea. It is mounted to the wall with L aluminum brackets, the tool box with metal brackets attached to the bolt holes where the handle for the tool box used to be and more L aluminum bracketing, is then bolted to the top of the Husky box.

I got the Husky box on Black Friday and took the casters off of it and mounted it to the floor to support the left end of the bench and also to support the vise and reloading presses. The Husky box came with a solid wood top I had to cut to put on the end as the Ikea counter top was about a foot too short this is also mounted to the wall with L aluminum and bolted to the top of the Husky box.

Above the bench is a 16' shelf made of 2x10x16's with aluminum L brackets a heavy duty bracket and I used a side cabinet tool bow from Home Depot and mounted it to the studs with steel plate reinforcing it to support the left end of the 2x10x16 shelf.

On the bottom of the 2x10x16 shelf is mounted 3 4' led lights.

On the wall is 8 Wall Control panels.

All in all I think it turned out pretty good.

Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Work in progress, but it’s nice to have something.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CTjer:
Work in progress, but it’s nice to have something.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/436085/647CF51B-E7B1-46A6-A98B-07ABDBB40E1A-454740.JPG
View Quote
My buddy is an electrician and he lived in an apartment for a few years before buying a house. He did the same setup in a closet and used unistrut that he brought home from work. He put a lock on the door that kept out the kids and prying eyes. It was solid. When he moved out he just left it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#9]
We cleaned up a hair after the reloading session last night.

This is about as good as it ever gets

small primer left large primer right

Rifle case prep & workbench the super swage and case trimmer are relatively quick disconnect with wing bolts through bottom so the bench can go virtually clean if needed.

Coffee cans are free storage devices

Link Posted: 3/19/2018 7:04:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2016ford] [#10]
I did some updating and added a Dillon SDB to the mix.

" />
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I posted the Sketch Up plan for this earlier in the thread.  Here it is pretty much done.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Slowly getting a bench together at the new house.  The bench was there already, but I've added some reinforcements for now to add some strength.  I used the Inline Fabrication mounts at the old house, but they weren't the quick change variety.  I've opted for the flush(ish) mount to get me some flexibility to use this bench for multiple purposes.  I can now swap out the single stage and the new Breech Lock Pro.  In addition, the Dillon Super Swage can be mounted up as well.  I still need to get the Hornady AP up and running as well.  Wall mounts for the unused quick change brackets help clear up some space.  Also got the old Athol 614 mounted and reinforced from underneath.  Still a long way to go, but it's getting more functional every day.

Link Posted: 5/6/2018 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is the bench. Set up across 2 Kobalt workbenches is 11 feet of American Maple butcher block. Sanded and sealed with polyurethane.

Finally mounted my 1050.

Attachment Attached File

Then to the right I have a cabinet with a Dillon 450 and a Dillon 550. Need to figure out a way to mount those so they are usable.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#14]

You guys have shared sooo much awesome info, I thought it right to return the favor. My apartment is a mess, but you get the idea; I'm going to use T-track for the vise & press, I plan on adding a surround of slatwall, with all the bling; overhead LED lighting, etc., but one thing at a time, most of my funds are going to my divorce attorney at the moment...
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By misterpbody:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/336554/IMG_0576_JPG-567094.jpg

You guys have shared sooo much awesome info, I thought it right to return the favor. My apartment is a mess, but you get the idea; I'm going to use T-track for the vise & press, I plan on adding a surround of slatwall, with all the bling; overhead LED lighting, etc., but one thing at a time, most of my funds are going to my divorce attorney at the moment...
View Quote
I see that we shop at some of the same places.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#17]
The new craftsman benches at Lowes would make one hell of a reloading bench!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Added some LED light strips above the bench, organizing shelves and bins.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 4:20:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:
The new craftsman benches at Lowes would make one hell of a reloading bench!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/322543/20180603_172105-567158.JPG
View Quote
They are very solid. I've had one in my garage as a general purpose workbench for years. I didn't get one with their top, just used some scrap 2x6s, but it is awesome. If you do end up picking one up for a reloading bench just take note of the height dimension, they are tall
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Badger545:

They are very solid. I've had one in my garage as a general purpose workbench for years. I didn't get one with their top, just used some scrap 2x6s, but it is awesome. If you do end up picking one up for a reloading bench just take note of the height dimension, they are tall
View Quote
Very tall.  I saw one right after Dr Froglegs posted, and I felt like it was “bar” height instead of bench height.  Now if it was available at a lower height, I’d likely be all over that bench.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 8:11:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#21]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:

Very tall.  I saw one right after Dr Froglegs posted, and I felt like it was “bar” height instead of bench height.  Now if it was available at a lower height, I’d likely be all over that bench.
View Quote
I didn't think it was that high.

When you calculate bench height you're supposed to measure from slightly below your bent elbow to the floor.

The bench height should be so that you can hold your arms parallel with the floor and just slightly relax them onto the bench height.

It was almost perfect height for me (I'm 6'1").

Im building my reloading room now and my bench height it 41" from the top to the floor. The craftsman is 41.5" tall so it's perfect for me.

I've been taking a ton of pictures of my bench progress, I'll post them all when I'm done. Here's a little preview of the sketchup file is used to build it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 6:53:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#22]
Mounted a Lee press to a 1” thick oak platform and a MEC  600 jr to another platform. Set anchors under the bench so now I can quick change presses in the same spot to save room.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 8:38:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Badger545] [#23]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#24]
was going to wait to post until I had everything finished, but the project is taking a little longer than expected. Bought some unfinished cabinets, got them all stained and varnished now. Picked up a stock counter top and got that all set. Just need to do some electrical work as the outlet is too low with the backsplash, and I would like to add another outlet. I should have some updates once the Ultramount with my 650 is bolted on and everything is set up.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/273091/bench-600657.JPG
View Quote
What did you do to the bottom of the counter? Most of them are formica laminate that are glued to particle board. The top is plenty hard, but I would be worried about bare nuts/bolts against the particle board on the bottom when you apply torque.

In case you haven't thought about that yet, I would just make sure you have some hardwood, osb or some metal brackets underneath the counter if you're going to be applying a bunch of force (like a vise or when necking down).

Looks great though! I wish I would have incorporated more cabinets in my build.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 7:45:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-AR] [#25]
Redid my reloading room, added a new bench

Old setup (Dillon replaces the lnl a few years back)

Desk is now just a single stage and cleaning desk.

New bench (still need to mount the led shop light)

Link Posted: 7/15/2018 7:58:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Badger545] [#26]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Coming together slowly but surely
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/273091/bench2-608959.JPG
Also got my components organized in the cabinet
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/273091/comp-608960.JPG

As fun as it's been getting everything built, I really want it to be done so I can get back to loading!
View Quote
That looks awesome @Badger545! We have similar tastes......
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#28]
I spent a week or so reading this whole thread and looking at the pictures that are still posted.  There is a lot of very cool stuff here and I definitely picked up some ideas (I picked up that Lee powder measure stand as a result of the reading).

I've got a 3 car tandem garage - 2 wide and the right side is 2 deep.  My gym and workbench sit in the back stall.  I'm thinking of walling it in and putting a window unit there so that I can spend more time out there - the Texas heat is no joke this time of year.

I made this bench a 6 or 7 years ago in a different house and took it with me in the move.  60" wide, 24" deep, 42" tall.  4x4 front legs and 2x6 frame lag bolted to the wall.  This was built as a general workbench before I started reloading, hence the vice is on the right and the press on the left.  I seem to have plenty of space while reloading but might move the press to the right and the vice to the left.  I'd also like to put some shelving / removable bins on the back wall.

Empty brass, bullets, and a bunch of loaded ammo are on the lower shelf and floor.

Big shelving unit on the left holds dies and misc reloading tools (and a bunch of other tools).  Powder and primers are kept in separate wooden crates on the same shelf.

Link Posted: 10/21/2018 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#29]
My new mini bench is about set up. Has my new to me dillon 650 I scored for $200 and a PSA upper as pictured. Wife is getting me a Redding T-7 for my birthday, so the strong mount is empty .
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SERVED_USMC:
In the process of cleaning up, but this is what I'm working with. These are the Sams Club benches that people ask about every once in a while. I store whatever I can underneath to stiffen them up so I didnt have to secure them to the wall and it does the trick. One of them came with a damaged cross brace, I sent the manufacturer a picture and I had a replacement at the house 4 days later. They are worth the money.

https://i.imgur.com/ASUQUgW.jpg
View Quote
@SERVED_USMC

We use them at work. They also have roll carts that fit under them.

And also
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#31]
All my benches have been in the house. I am getting a huge shed in the backyard for the mowing stuff and would like to have a workshop[ area in it. Do I need a AC unit or heat?  I am in the south so humidity will be a issue in the shed. The shed will have to hold a riding mower, and normal lawn maintenance, along with the normal rakes and shovels.  I am thinking about the Craftsman bench from Lowes with some Peg board.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 11:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#32]
Originally Posted By Tango_6:
All my benches have been in the house. I am getting a huge shed in the backyard for the mowing stuff and would like to have a workshop[ area in it. Do I need a AC unit or heat?  I am in the south so humidity will be a issue in the shed. The shed will have to hold a riding mower, and normal lawn maintenance, along with the normal rakes and shovels.  I am thinking about the Craftsman bench from Lowes with some Peg board.
View Quote
I had a minisplit installed in my reloading room that has a "humidity control" option. It usually keeps the humidity below 45%, which is amazing in eastern NC.

I would consider that option if you can. You could get one installed for around $2k if you shop around or install it yourself for around $1k if you have to tools and knowhow.

Here is mine during the move in process, which I'm still in the middle of...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 4:51:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StrangerDanger] [#33]

Plugging away on upgrades to the shop. Installed the four Milwaukee toolbox work benches in the center last month. I covered the top with no mar mats from Brownells.

These Milwaukee benches are solid. I removed the six wheels to lower the work surface and to make them more stable. They’re about 410-430 pounds each empty. Mounting to the wood takes some planning. You might need to countersink in to the wood top since there is metal that runs the entire length of the bench it sits on. You might be able to go through the metal in some areas. There are inaccessible voids at the sides. So I had to countersink the two outside mounting positions for the vise. The inner two just went all the way through the wood and metal subsurface.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:20:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lowski13] [#34]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:46:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bill3rail] [#35]
Here is the workbench I made.  Amazingly simple to build and surprisingly strong.  I made one for myself and one for my neighbor's shed.

Mute the video because the music is annoying!

Initially it was destined for reloading but I never bought the reloading equipment DOH!

Bill

Video

How to Build a Workbench In Only A Few Steps
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#36]
I built the wall and then anchored my Bench to it.

Link Posted: 11/30/2018 2:44:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Here are some pictures of my humble abode. The most recent photo’s are of the Mr Bullet feeder mounted on the 650. Next is a 1050 if i ever sell the Hornady ammo plant. I love reloading almost as much as shooting. I go down in the battle room with my shorthair bird dog, turn on the tunes, and relax! My wife and son even come down to reload occasionally. The most recent upgrade was a WiFi camera above my 650 feeding a live stream to my tablet so i can see inside the case feeder and bullet feeder.

Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:05:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lmlandlord] [#38]
Originally Posted By GSPBirdDog:
Here are some pictures of my humble abode. The most recent photo’s are of the Mr Bullet feeder mounted on the 650. Next is a 1050 if i ever sell the Hornady ammo plant. I love reloading almost as much as shooting. I go down in the battle room with my shorthair bird dog, turn on the tunes, and relax! My wife and son even come down to reload occasionally. The most recent upgrade was a WiFi camera above my 650 feeding a live stream to my tablet so i can see inside the case feeder and bullet feeder.

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/5238/WGCqe9.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img923/8932/kMOhBP.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img921/2545/O3haEw.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/4563/UdQTBn.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/4563/UdQTBn.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/3715/e7tUsz.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/6857/dB87i7.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/7632/ArgRFv.jpg
https://imageshack.com/a/img921/6982/itxvpm.jpg
View Quote
I am in the process of installing more LED Lighting in my ceiling and reloading bench shelfing.
Thanks for posting your pics. with the installed lighting system.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#39]
The basement is like a black hole, it will suck any light within 3 parsecs so I decided to upgrade to a six-pack of linkable LEDs. At 5000K and six lights, it's like a dual star system now.

Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Defender3:
The basement is like a black hole, it will suck any light within 3 parsecs so I decided to upgrade to a six-pack of linkable LEDs. At 5000K and six lights, it's like a dual star system now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/52736/IMG_6742_JPG-465282.jpg
View Quote
How do you like the Forster Co-Ax?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Gage:

View Quote
Luv it, but also bought a T-7 so I can have quick change set-ups.

Obligatory pics:

Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Defender3:
Originally Posted By Gage:

Luv it, but also bought a T-7 so I can have quick change set-ups.

Obligatory pics:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/52736/IMG_9400_JPG-721446.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/52736/IMG_9402_JPG-721445.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/52736/IMG_7129-1_JPG-488368.jpg
Very nice!
I can now see the T-Track mounting method. I need to get mine set up like that. Awesome man cave tooling.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GunsandCoffee71:
Just finished my reloading room - this started as an unfinished basement area with a single light bulb and two truckloads of junk (just bought the house in Aug).

The room is 20' x 16' - I did all the framing, electrical, drywall, insulation, and flooring myself.

I decided to install an electronic lock on the door (36" solid pine) so I wouldn't have to worry about my youngsters wandering in when I'm away from the bench.

I also built the reloading bench, hutch, and shelving units.

The bench is all 2x6" construction with anti-torsion design. The shelves are also 2x6" - perhaps a bit of overkill, but I can load them up heavy.

I'm doing my first run of .40 tonight..........30.06 M2 this weekend.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/Bluesking89/IMG_4388_zpscgnngdg9.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/Bluesking89/IMG_4389_zpsgxvfehb3.jpg
View Quote
Nice looking room!
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#44]
A few years ago I dis-assembled the reloading/gun bench and moved it out and boxed up all my supplies and equipment. The happened to coincide with the birth of my daughter. Well I've got the "itch" again and am really wanting to get back into the hobby, so I am planning a "new and improved" bench. Saturday I sat down and drew up some plans.

I would appreciate any and all feed back or thoughts and suggestions for said plans.

Total Length is 8'
From floor to bench top - 32"
From floor to top of shelf - 81"
Total depth is - 27 1/2"

You can see all measurements on the drawings. (Yes I am OCD)

The design is to allow me to build in garage then move into room. I will have to take door to room off its hinges, but will still have 1 1/2" clearance to play with. The top shelf will be screwed to the top of the bench so it can be dis-assembled into 2 separate pieces for moving purposes. The bottom shelf will be able to accommodate 3 Plano ammo cans high with 1/2" to spare and 11 Plano ammo cans across for a total of 33 ammo cans. I plan to line all shelves with LED light strips as well as the under side of the shelves to help light the bench top. As for the TV, it is currently hooked to an old desktop and will serve as a monitor for researching recipes. More than likely I will hang peg board in the other 2 bottom slots for tools and such.

Again please feel free to offer advice, I want the best I can get without having to rebuild multiple times.

Thanks!

" />
" />
" />
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TXOUTLAW32:
A few years ago I dis-assembled the reloading/gun bench and moved it out and boxed up all my supplies and equipment. The happened to coincide with the birth of my daughter. Well I've got the "itch" again and am really wanting to get back into the hobby, so I am planning a "new and improved" bench. Saturday I sat down and drew up some plans.

I would appreciate any and all feed back or thoughts and suggestions for said plans.

Total Length is 8'
From floor to bench top - 32"
From floor to top of shelf - 81"
Total depth is - 27 1/2"

You can see all measurements on the drawings. (Yes I am OCD)

The design is to allow me to build in garage then move into room. I will have to take door to room off its hinges, but will still have 1 1/2" clearance to play with. The top shelf will be screwed to the top of the bench so it can be dis-assembled into 2 separate pieces for moving purposes. The bottom shelf will be able to accommodate 3 Plano ammo cans high with 1/2" to spare and 11 Plano ammo cans across for a total of 33 ammo cans. I plan to line all shelves with LED light strips as well as the under side of the shelves to help light the bench top. As for the TV, it is currently hooked to an old desktop and will serve as a monitor for researching recipes. More than likely I will hang peg board in the other 2 bottom slots for tools and such.

Again please feel free to offer advice, I want the best I can get without having to rebuild multiple times.

Thanks!
View Quote
Depending on your height you may want to raise the top.
I am 6'2" and made my bench height 40".  This works well for standing or using a bar stool.

I also made it 32" deep for additional storage.

I see your drawing has no frame for the top. A frame would make for a sturdier bench.

Here is one pic of my bench, I am looking for more.

Link Posted: 1/2/2019 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Agreed, the 2x6 top is great, as long as there is a frame under it. On their sides, the 2x6 will flex like crazy when using a press. Constructing a simple frame of 2x4 or 2x6 would add a ton of rigidity.

I am 6'4", and I built a bench with a 41" surface height. It's perfect for standing or using a bar stool, and I also cut the surface 32" deep for some added storage at the back (dies, scale, et al).
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By HawgPhixer:

Depending on your height you may want to raise the top.
I am 6'2" and made my bench height 40".  This works well for standing or using a bar stool.

I also made it 32" deep for additional storage.

I see your drawing has no frame for the top. A frame would make for a sturdier bench.

Here is one pic of my bench, I am looking for more.

https://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q783/HawgPhixer/Tools/Bench/ReloadBench1_zpsaszr8mip.jpg
View Quote
Originally Posted By Antitrust:
Agreed, the 2x6 top is great, as long as there is a frame under it. On their sides, the 2x6 will flex like crazy when using a press. Constructing a simple frame of 2x4 or 2x6 would add a ton of rigidity.

I am 6'4", and I built a bench with a 41" surface height. It's perfect for standing or using a bar stool, and I also cut the surface 32" deep for some added storage at the back (dies, scale, et al).
View Quote
I had my best friend look at the plans and he pointed that out to me as well. The newest revision does have a 2x4 frame. As far as the bench height, I myself am 6'5", however..... I am extremely flat footed, like the doctor took X-Rays and said "I can't wait till the next convention to show these off" So therefore I spend as little time on them as I possibly can. By making it 32" tall I can use my spare office chair and roll from side to side to complete tasks. But I really do appreciate the fact that both of you took the time to look and offer suggestions. I've always said "another set of eyes will catch what you missed".

TXOUTLAW
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 4:13:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Et2ss] [#48]
Not quite finished but worked on this over the weekend.   The back of the frame is anchored into the wall, and you can kind of see it in the first pic, there are 2x6's running horizontally along the front edges braced underneath by a 2x4. This will give more than enough rigidity for the forces of full length resizing even on the biggest cases.  Still need to add some legs to the front, and fasten the top to the underlying frame, and caulk in between the pieces One side is 8' to the wall, the other 7.5', and 41" (elbow height)

She isn't pretty, but will be rock solid. Not bad for some scrap counter tops I had at work, and about $50 worth of lumber and materials. Will definitely have enough room for my various presses.

Now I need to start looking for people getting rid of cabinets when they remodel, need some storage above.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:43:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lmlandlord] [#49]
ET2SS, Always check the Free Section in Craigslist. People give away cabinets all of the time.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Got my 650 set up a few months ago and can now officially call this my reloading bench.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top