Posted: 10/11/2017 1:44:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:29:24 AM EDT
[#1]
awesome news, i do like mine, but it would be better with a stock
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm hoping the stock will be fairly rugged, unlike the .22 MP40's stock?
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Any updates on this?
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Chris,

The stock you guys posted from Shot Show shows the finish to be green parkerized. Is this how it will look like on the production stocks, or will it have the same finish as the gun?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there going to be a US muzzle nut for those that want to try and keep the original look?
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CHECK THE LINK

And at the moment, we do not have a US Muzzle Nut.  We might in the future but we had already made A TON of the adapters so that's what is coming with it for now.
View Quote
@ATICSR_Christopher did these ever come into stock? I feel like the website's been showing OOS since you posted, but perhaps I just missed out on the first batch?
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They come and go pretty fast when we make them between our standard dealer orders and what we allocate to the web.  We've made and sold a little over 200 so far.  We're trying to make 30-40 a week right now across all the pieces, so getting one when they're in stock on the web is a matter of timing and being ready to buy it when it hits right now.
View Quote
Will an original stock fit?

Don't have one, just curious.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Will an original stock fit?

Don't have one, just curious.
View Quote
Probably, but the cost for an original is stupid expensive, airsoft ones are metal and fit if you can find just the stock.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmmm, a folding arm brace that looked kinda correct would be awesome....
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
the Tailhook would probably work
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed, just need ATI or someone to package it with the rest of the folding mechanism and I'd be in like Flynn!  If nothing else I may have to ask a friend who does NOT own an MP-40P to work something up for me - to avoid the whole constructive possession mess
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Agreed, just need ATI or someone to package it with the rest of the folding mechanism and I'd be in like Flynn!  If nothing else I may have to ask a friend who does NOT own an MP-40P to work something up for me - to avoid the whole constructive possession mess
View Quote
I have one that is SBR and I have a tailhook from another firearm,  if you were to weld to try and make it work you would defeat the purpose of the brace which could land you in hot water with the ATF.
From what I understand with all the jib jab that they have stated with arm braces is that when it is installed it must perform the function for which it was initially made and approved by the ATF.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have one that is SBR and I have a tailhook from another firearm,  if you were to weld to try and make it work you would defeat the purpose of the brace which could land you in hot water with the ATF.
From what I understand with all the jib jab that they have stated with arm braces is that when it is installed it must perform the function for which it was initially made and approved by the ATF.
View Quote
I was actually thinking of replacing the butt "plate" with something the tailhook could attach to - so either completely discarding the buttplate itself or cutting it away to become just a pivoting mount for a tailhook.  Totally agree that the tailhook needs to remain functional to avoid sick bird syndrome!  Obviously I don't have one to handle/look at so perhaps the whole idea is infeasible
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I was actually thinking of replacing the butt "plate" with something the tailhook could attach to - so either completely discarding the buttplate itself or cutting it away to become just a pivoting mount for a tailhook.  Totally agree that the tailhook needs to remain functional to avoid sick bird syndrome!  Obviously I don't have one to handle/look at so perhaps the whole idea is infeasible
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A tailhook attachment in place of the folding butt would be good.  It could also fold if the tailhook is opened up.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I think the best way would a guy with some time on his hands could make a buffer tube adapter for the MP40, I really don't think it would look that bad and they could make
it to fold to the side.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think the best way would a guy with some time on his hands could make a buffer tube adapter for the MP40, I really don't think it would look that bad and they could make
it to fold to the side.
View Quote
Ugh, I'd withhold judgement until seeing it, but a side-folding MP40 seems like it would make baby Jesus cry...
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ugh, I'd withhold judgement until seeing it, but a side-folding MP40 seems like it would make baby Jesus cry...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it to fold to the side.
This....

All yo would need is the tip for the tailhook to attach to.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Just throwing ideas out there, personally the shockwave blade on the VZ61 makes me cry but I don't judge other people, to each his own, if someone wants to avoid
the tax stamp money, paperwork and wait I'm sure someone will always try to find a way.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just throwing ideas out there, personally the shockwave blade on the VZ61 makes me cry but I don't judge other people, to each his own, if someone wants to avoid
the tax stamp money, paperwork and wait I'm sure someone will always try to find a way.
View Quote
Agreed on all counts!  Wasn't intended as a slam on you - I meant the "withhold judgement" to come across stronger than it does  If the MP40 + SBR kits had beaten 41F it wouldn't even have been a question, but for me the post-41F hassle is a higher bar, at least until such time as I might get into the SS kiosk system...
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I've been corresponding with the folks at TechSmithMFG and they're apparently already working on an adapter to the tailhook brace!  I may have more information as soon as next week, so if you're interested in a brace option, stay tuned!

@ATICSR_Christopher any eta on the next batch of kits? I'm presuming the TechSmith adapter will replace the actual buttplate so if you have the rest of the stock parts available, I'd be interested in buying that without the compliance parts.  (Actually if the brace adapter is successful, anyone using that really should be buying something that's NOT a stock - so others may also want a SKU for the folding mechanism and parts minus the buttplate).
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've been corresponding with the folks at TechSmithMFG and they're apparently already working on an adapter to the tailhook brace!  I may have more information as soon as next week, so if you're interested in a brace option, stay tuned!

@ATICSR_Christopher any eta on the next batch of kits? I'm presuming the TechSmith adapter will replace the actual buttplate so if you have the rest of the stock parts available, I'd be interested in buying that without the compliance parts.  (Actually if the brace adapter is successful, anyone using that really should be buying something that's NOT a stock - so others may also want a SKU for the folding mechanism and parts minus the buttplate).
View Quote
This will be interesting.  I had been wondering if they would be modding a tailhook for this and or underfolder style AKs

I'd be glad someone doesn't have to try and use an AR pistol buffer tube and ugly up such a cool clone -I was wondering if that was going to happen.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is there going to be a US muzzle nut for those that want to try and keep the original look?
View Quote
I found one here.

http://www.atlanticwallblanks.com/ATI-GSG-MP-40-BLANK-FIRE-ADAPTER-_p_437.html
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I found one here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I found one here.

I think you mean this one - thanks for the lead!

http://www.atlanticwallblanks.com/GSG-MP40-MUZZLE-NUT_p_490.html
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This will be interesting.  I had been wondering if they would be modding a tailhook for this and or underfolder style AKs

I'd be glad someone doesn't have to try and use an AR pistol buffer tube and ugly up such a cool clone -I was wondering if that was going to happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, I realized I never came back and updated this thread  TechSmith abandoned the project, said he couldn't get it to work out right (at least to make it folding IIRC) and I too gave up on the idea... with the new eForm1 rapid turnarounds I would suspect even more folks go SBR...
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Any update on availability ?
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Any update on availability ?
View Quote
@ANTICUS I thought I'd posted this link somewhere earlier, but maybe it was in a different thread:
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/819644021421

ETA: They do seem to come into stock and sell out fairly quickly, so keep a sharp eye out...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Ok, thanks !
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Is the stock for the 9mm pistol different from the one for the .22 ? I heard the 9mm version is sturdier.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I hate to say it, but I am *NOT* impressed with the quality of the ATI stock set

Mine came assembled with a zip-tie holding the locking lug together, so I didn't have the opportunity to assemble the stock detents and springs, well I did, but I didn't think to dis-assemble them... *BIG* mistake!

First I fought the roll pin - which seemed seriously oversized, to the point I finally had to use vise-grips to compress it and get it started.  Mine was larger than the largest roll-pin starter I had (should have been another sign right there) at least before compressing it.  It actually drove in reasonably "normally" with a roll-pin punch once the stock was assembled, but that start was a nightmare.

The biggest disappointment was the folding butt-plate.  The damn thing flat wouldn't fold once assembled, and I quickly discovered the detents were almost immovable.  It took extensive banging of the pivot arms onto a block of wood, tapping them with various mallets, etc, to get the detents walked out enough where I could remove them.  Finish was abominable - first off they're simply brass cylinders, no tapered/rounded end and no smaller-diameter spring end like the manual shows.  Secondly they were scored and badly marred by being crammed into the channels in the pivot arms.  I ended up having to use a drill bit to clean out the channels, then polished those with a Q-tip on a drill motor, finally slapping the detents into the drill motor chuck and polishing them until they were actually smooth.  I left the cylindrical shape intact, but I should probably have reshaped the noses to be rounded like a typical detent, as the butt plate still takes more of a slap to fold than I prefer.

This kit also came with a thread protector rather than a thread adapter - but it's NOT notched like the original, it's smooth on both ends.  I chose to use the one shown above from Atlantic Wall Blanks - as it's got notches like the OEM part to lock in place.

Hints for anyone doing this in the future:
1) Polish the detents until they glow!  (Consider reshaping them to get smoother butt plate folding.)
2) Use a drill bit (by hand at least at first) to clean out the detent/spring channels in the stock pivot arms.
3) Be sure to start the roll-pin almost to the point of protruding into the locking lug opening *BEFORE* you try and assemble the arms, check the size of the pin vs the hole and check if you need to compress the pin.  
4) Consider using the Atlantic Wall Blanks muzzle nut to lock in place against the spring-loaded detent pin in the front sight base.
5) Check the bolts holding the butt plate to the pivot arms - mine were T10 Torx *NOT* whatever SAE size was listed on the packaging.

Sigh.  Hopefully this will save someone else from having a quick 30-minute project turn into a multi-hour curse-fest!
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

@ANTICUS I thought I'd posted this link somewhere earlier, but maybe it was in a different thread:
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/819644021421

ETA: They do seem to come into stock and sell out fairly quickly, so keep a sharp eye out...
View Quote
Seems like another batch hit stock recently... check the link quoted for availability.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I hate to say it, but I am *NOT* impressed with the quality of the ATI stock set

Mine came assembled with a zip-tie holding the locking lug together, so I didn't have the opportunity to assemble the stock detents and springs, well I did, but I didn't think to dis-assemble them... *BIG* mistake!

First I fought the roll pin - which seemed seriously oversized, to the point I finally had to use vise-grips to compress it and get it started.  Mine was larger than the largest roll-pin starter I had (should have been another sign right there) at least before compressing it.  It actually drove in reasonably "normally" with a roll-pin punch once the stock was assembled, but that start was a nightmare.

The biggest disappointment was the folding butt-plate.  The damn thing flat wouldn't fold once assembled, and I quickly discovered the detents were almost immovable.  It took extensive banging of the pivot arms onto a block of wood, tapping them with various mallets, etc, to get the detents walked out enough where I could remove them.  Finish was abominable - first off they're simply brass cylinders, no tapered/rounded end and no smaller-diameter spring end like the manual shows.  Secondly they were scored and badly marred by being crammed into the channels in the pivot arms.  I ended up having to use a drill bit to clean out the channels, then polished those with a Q-tip on a drill motor, finally slapping the detents into the drill motor chuck and polishing them until they were actually smooth.  I left the cylindrical shape intact, but I should probably have reshaped the noses to be rounded like a typical detent, as the butt plate still takes more of a slap to fold than I prefer.

This kit also came with a thread protector rather than a thread adapter - but it's NOT notched like the original, it's smooth on both ends.  I chose to use the one shown above from Atlantic Wall Blanks - as it's got notches like the OEM part to lock in place.

1) Polish the detents until they glow!  (Consider reshaping them to get smoother butt plate folding.)
2) Use a drill bit (by hand at least at first) to clean out the detent/spring channels in the stock pivot arms.
3) Be sure to start the roll-pin almost to the point of protruding into the locking lug opening *BEFORE* you try and assemble the arms, check the size of the pin vs the hole and check if you need to compress the pin.  
4) Consider using the Atlantic Wall Blanks muzzle nut to lock in place against the spring-loaded detent pin in the front sight base.
5) Check the bolts holding the butt plate to the pivot arms - mine were T10 Torx *NOT* whatever SAE size was listed on the packaging.

Sigh.  Hopefully this will save someone else from having a quick 30-minute project turn into a multi-hour curse-fest!
View Quote
Can you post some pics of the stock assembly?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Can you post some pics of the stock assembly?
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#42]
That looks great.  It makes me want to get one and go the SBR route as I have the .22 version with the fake suppressor but yours looks a whole lot better.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That looks great.  It makes me want to get one and go the SBR route as I have the .22 version with the fake suppressor but yours looks a whole lot better.
View Quote
I do like the look and feel...

Quoted:

View Quote
The push-button to fold and unfold is pretty balky too

So add #2a "check folding and unfolding with a punch or something holding everything together before you drive the roll-pin in. May want to consider polishing the button and its contact surfaces."

I'll probably just grumble about mine and maybe sit down one night and fold/unfold it a few hundred times to work it into smooth functioning, but again color me unhappy to have to do this.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Any ETA on more stocks ?
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, I got my stock installed on the gun, but what a PIA.  The pin was hard to fit and when I pressed it home I found the push button was frozen in the unlocked position. So I'll remove the pin and try again. Butt stock at least gave no problems and folds/unfolds as it should. I also used the Atlantic Wall muzzle nut with the detent.
I wish this install was as easy as the video makes it look.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 12:57:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Didn't have to pull the pin after all. The button freed up by repeated folding /unfolding of the stock (whew !)  Now to do something about the mag release spring.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Replaced the mag release spring with 6 coils from a .45 Auto recoil spring. Works well, mag no longer wobbly.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#48]
FWIW, after all the heartburn, the darn gat shoots ! 115 gr Winchester FMJ RN ammo works best, but pretty sure any mil spec RN ball will run. Still having some annoyances with the stock, but it works.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#49]
@ATICSR_Christopher

Any idea when another batch of these stocks will be made and in-stock?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
@ATICSR_Christopher

Any idea when another batch of these stocks will be made and in-stock?
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top