Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 8/22/2016 5:17:58 AM EDT
got a 522  and i can not get it to reliably fire.
getting light primer strikes.  i swapped out the bolt unit and trigger setup
with my gsg5pk that does work, and it  still won't fire reliaibly.
put the 522 parts into my pk and same thing, light strikes
ammo fired fine in my pk, just not the 522 or 522 parts
any thoughts on what to try / to look at / etc....

thx
garyz
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet you are getting light primmer strikes because the return spring on the firing pin is stronger then needs be ( I personally cut 4-5 coils out of mine ). I have also modified / filed down one of the hammer rebound notches . Their is 2 you only need one . I also modified the hammer strut to counter the rebound feature(Google gsg hammer strut mod and click on pics ) . After doing both it runs 100% ! The first and second pic is of the hammer after filing away the rebound notch .  the third pic is of the trigger assembly assembled after reshaping of the hammer strut . As you can see the hammer is now strait up and down ( I bet your hammer is sitting back like 15-20 deg if its not modified)  . I do not suggest doing this unless your a gunsmith or have knowledge of how everything is supposed to work . I hope this helps you out and I dont get raped by ar15.com  for my suggestions  

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you but i think that is beyond my ability
i can take anything apart  not so good at back together
thanks
garyz
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes reassembly is always harder then disassembly but this is easier then I make it sound sorry  . If you don't want to take your trigger apart I would still suggest cutting some coils off of your return spring as it is the last piece of the puzzle to make your gun go bang!  When the hammer swings forward to hit the firing pin there is only the return spring on top of the firing pin preventing it from making full forward contact with the back of the 22lr case( That and the firing pin safety stopping the firing pin from going to far forward ) . Cutting some coils off the return spring will help the firing pin go all the way fully forward and help stop your light primer strikes. Look at the sticky mods on the top of this gsg forum they show you how to fix them with pics happy shooting !
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I would say its a good possibility your barrel is slightly loosened from the trunion.  You can remove the fake suppressor, and get a strap wrench (or channel locks -note scrathes on barrel may occur) and re-tighten the barrel - look at the chamber area and make sure you align the ejector slot cut.

I have a few of these guns and after shooting a bunch noticed the barrel can rotate from vibration and lube and move slightly forward causing light primer strikes.  If it persists after tightening, remove barrel and clean threads and retighten with thread locker compound.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top