Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 5/21/2016 7:22:22 PM EDT
So after a longtime of constant jamming, and issues firing I took my gun completely apart and cleaned it super well. Gun sounds way slicker now, but after going to the range today I am no more close to having a fun plinker . The gun fired rounds with more reliability but now barely extracts the rounds and tends to stovepipe. The round will detonate, extract then get stuck in the chamber. I have tried so hard to like my GSG but I find it hard when its just issue after issue . Can anyone help with this issue, short of sending it back?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I first need you to look into your gsg and see if it has this? a riveted ejector? If not contact CS on ati website they will get you sorted out. Keep us posted I have near 4000 rounds through mine with a few issues that I couldn't solve myself. Chris from ATI is watching this forum often so please post up your info I'll try to help if I can.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine does not have that. Just got off the phone with CS and they said they'd charge me to put that in. I'm confused since Ray told me it was on ATI when they fix them. I also have been told to modify the hammer strut but have no idea what to modify.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine does not have that. Just got off the phone with CS and they said they'd charge me to put that in. I'm confused since Ray told me it was on ATI when they fix them. I also have been told to modify the hammer strut but have no idea what to modify.
View Quote

I wouldn't modify anything until you get the rivet. Its was the cause for most the malfunction that gsg5 had back in the day its why they started riveting it in. I am shocked that they are going to charge you to fix that wow. So how much are they going to charge you for them building a malfunctioning gun?
Maybe Chris will see this and help you out. Keep us posted they're fun guns.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]
So I ended up speaking with Ray and they are sending me a bunch of new parts to replace ones they think are jacked up. I filled the extractor down, cut the firing pin spring, filled the firing pin, did the hammer strut mod, polished the feed ramp, and cleaned the everloving shit out of the gun. I am glad to report I went through 300 rounds of Remington Golden Bullets with only a very few issues due to ammo.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I ended up speaking with Ray and they are sending me a bunch of new parts to replace ones they think are jacked up. I filled the extractor down, cut the firing pin spring, filled the firing pin, did the hammer strut mod, polished the feed ramp, and cleaned the everloving shit out of the gun. I am glad to report I went through 300 rounds of Remington Golden Bullets with only a very few issues due to ammo.
View Quote

Yea please avoid Remington golden bullets if you can. I have huge issues with any Remington rim fire ammo other than their center fire ammo.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top