Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 5/14/2016 1:12:30 PM EDT
Hello all, I admit I am a total newbie on all things GSG. I am considering buying a new old stock GSG-5p pistol and am curious if most all the major/important GSG-5p  parts share commonality with the newer GSG-522p? Anything I should be aware of? I am just thinking ahead for if parts availability become an issue in the future. If they are significant differences I may rethink my decision; might push me in the direction of getting a 522p instead and doing the conversion.

Thanks much,
Tall
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello all, I admit I am a total newbie on all things GSG. I am considering buying a new old stock GSG-5p pistol and am curious if most all the major/important GSG-5p  parts share commonality with the newer GSG-522p? Anything I should be aware of? I am just thinking ahead for if parts availability become an issue in the future. If they are significant differences I may rethink my decision; might push me in the direction of getting a 522p instead and doing the conversion.
View Quote

Do it - should be $250-ish or better these days.

5 > 522 with conversion > 522

Should be 100% parts compatible, the 522 is redesigned cosmetically due to lawsuit. Buy the conversion kit from CDNN for $20-ish to have spare parts of the defeatured bits.

Then think about SBRing it before 41F takes effect....
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top