Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 4/19/2016 11:11:41 AM EDT
Is anyone other than pro-mag still making thread adapters for the GSG5 carbines that have been converted to SBR's? Hotgunparts is out of everything, I can't get in touch with anyone at swarfworks, and all I see available is the pro-mag adapter which has not gotten good reviews.

I have a fresh SBR with new P barrel and can't find anything to put a can on this.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Call ATI, they sell one.  It's probably not available on their website but if you call them they should be able to sell you one.

It's not as pretty as a 3 lug, but it gets the job done.  And it's affordable.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
and post pics of your SBR
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We've been out the thread adapters that thread into the cocking tube housing of the regular 522 and the 522P for a while, but I did put more on order with GSG.  I expect them hopfully around May/June.
View Quote

Man, they must be swimming them across individually!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Gemtech used to make them. Might try contacting them. At the very least it gives you another avenue finding one online.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Fair bit of info - and my currently ongoing experience with the ProMag adapter here:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_41/460978_How_easy_to_suppress_a_GSG_.html
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a fresh SBR with new P barrel and can't find anything to put a can on this.
View Quote

As an aside, what OAL did you file on your Form 1?  I assume you used 9" for the barrel?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As an aside, what OAL did you file on your Form 1?  I assume you used 9" for the barrel?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

9" for the barrel, 26.6 for the OAL. Mine has the collapsible stock. It might be different if yours has the fixed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
You can use the ProMag adapter - its got 16X1 metric threads - The GSG has a proprietery thred pitch for its sight housing - you can chase the threads with a 16x1m tap and the ProMag adapter will seat perfect.  Seen it done.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Any word on where those adapters are?  I just recently SBR'd a rifle, and the 5P barrels and adapters are unobtainium right now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any word on where those adapters are?  I just recently SBR'd a rifle, and the 5P barrels and adapters are unobtainium right now.
View Quote

Did you call ATI about the barrel?  I got a 5P barrel a few months back directly ($45-50 + s/h?) with no issues.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Did you call ATI about the barrel?  I got a 5P barrel a few months back directly ($45-50 + s/h?) with no issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't, I've just been hitting their website every couple of days or so.  

I'll give them a call and see what they've got.

Though....the barrel would be nice, but it's useless without the adapter.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes call - that's how I got mine.  If you follow the thread link above, I was also able to get the ProMag adapter direct from them....
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Okay...soooo...we're just SOL?  What brought that business decision on?

As far as I can tell there are no aftermarket adapters available, by anyone else.  True statement?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I followed up with GSG on the adapters they sent us with bad threading and they let us know that going forward the thread adapter for the 522 is discontinued from them, so we will no longer be able to import them.
View Quote

Wow, that really sucks - can you post the thread specs so we could get our own machined?

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Okay...soooo...we're just SOL?  What brought that business decision on?

As far as I can tell there are no aftermarket adapters available, by anyone else.  True statement?
View Quote

Have you tried contacting Gemtech directly to see if they have any or will be making any more?
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sad news.

I followed up with GSG on the adapters they sent us with bad threading and they let us know that going forward the thread adapter for the 522 is discontinued from them, so we will no longer be able to import them.  The 1911 adapter which works on the GSG 1911, GSG-922, GSG FireFly & GSG-522-PK will still be available.
View Quote

What a bummer
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#20]
How bad are the adapters you have. Is it possible to buy them as junk and then chase the threads or something?

Eta, promag, swarfworks, and gemtech no longer make them and have no back stock. Nothing is avilable. Aftermarket.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Eta, promag, swarfworks, and gemtech no longer make them and have no back stock. Nothing is avilable. Aftermarket.
View Quote

Have you tried *calling* Promag? I was able to get one direct from them a while back.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Have you tried *calling* Promag? I was able to get one direct from them a while back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. They have no old stock. Per my conversation with the sales rep, it is not "discontinued" but they have no plans for their manufacturer to make more.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yes. They have no old stock. Per my conversation with the sales rep, it is not "discontinued" but they have no plans for their manufacturer to make more.
View Quote

Bummer, I may have lucked into one of the last ones they had then
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:10:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Anybody with a ProMag or Gemtec adaptor want to loan me one and I'll have a machinist buddy run off a few?
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anybody with a ProMag or Gemtec adaptor want to loan me one and I'll have a machinist buddy run off a few?
View Quote

It took me two ProMags to get a decent one, and they have the 3-lug adapter part also (complicating machining) - might be best to start fresh vs possibly measuring something that's barely in-spec....  Just my $0.02.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:23:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not sending my Gemtech 3-lug adapter to Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

now that's funny.  

How about to Florida?

I'm home in a couple of weeks
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:34:03 AM EDT
[#28]
I was lucky years ago that i bought the 3 lug adapter off a guy on here. It was by chance to! I was asking him about how he turned his GSG 522 into a G3. It is some no name thing that smells like pee no mater how much you wash it. I wish i picked up a swarfworks version when i had a chance.

But i didnt come here to talk about a thread adapter that smells like pee, i had an idea. CW accessories makes accessories for the GSG 1911 already. How about everyone that needs a thread adapter email CW accessories to see if he will make one.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top