Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 2/24/2016 2:29:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 1:16:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I am sorry to see it go.  I don't own one but the GSG 5 started a fun trend in .22s that is being killed by the unresponsive actions of the ammo industry, panic buying by idiots and, the most disgusting trend of all....neckbearding.

...it's a damn shame that you can't just stop by Wally World and grab a brick of 22 like you could in the old days because, even if you DO manage to get one...it's shitty Remington garbage ammo...and you don't even know when you'll see another brick of that junk.....

a damn shame.......

You guys tried.....it's another shame that market forces and a certain company that will go un-named rained on an otherwise fun parade......

You gave it a hell of a shot and you have a ton of other fun products......

Good job!

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an original GSG5 that actually looks like an MP5. I stuck a Choate stock and railed handguard on it and the few things like the selectors, pins, rear sight and mag release that were not an exact copy of the MP5 are changed to real or altered to look like a real MP5.
I now have a gun that looks exactly like an MP5 but fires .22. Who could ask for a cooler .22?  I love the gun and I am glad I got one while they were available. Thanks
Crappy cell phone pics

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry to hear that they will no long be imported I have a gsg 522 SD lightweight for a few years now and its been great.  I did the conversion to make it more mp5 authentic  looking and added a retractable stock and I credit it to being one of my first guns that got me into "tinkering" on my guns.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 3:45:54 AM EDT
[#4]
So what's next for ATI?
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to see it go, it's a fantastic weapon.  My hands down favorite to sit and shoot at the range.  Although that big "suppressor" does draw a lot of interested folks over to my lane.

I got lucky when I picked mine up last year direct from ATI as it was a reconditioned gun show prop and had the full weight receiver.

Maybe it's time to pick up one of the AK's or the  STG 44
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Hate to see it go . Is there a new product in the works ?
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why are these going away?  (apologies if I should know already).
View Quote

No 22 ammo is what he stated in the OP.

I know that is why I don't shoot mine anymore.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#9]
tell me more about this last edition metal gun.  is the picatinny rail metal too?  got any pics?
Quoted:
Also, just a little sneak peak....As you may or may not know, we discontinued the standard "heavy weight" receiver GSG-522s back in late 2013 to focus on the light weight receiver ones.  Well, when we were getting all the numbers together on how many more GSG could build, they noted that they still had metal receiver sets.  Because we wanted to squeeze out every last GSG-522 we could get our hands on, we said build them....but lets make them special.  So, the a very limited quantity with the final serial numbers are special standard weights.  We will be releasing these last to our distributors.  Minus 1, because the very final serial number belongs to this guy

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=85753
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I sold my first GSG-5 but I still have a never been fired GSG-5 1st Anniversary Titanium model.

I had some issues with my first GSG-5 and you guys provided great service.

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have an original GSG5 that actually looks like an MP5. I stuck a Choate stock and railed handguard on it and the few things like the selectors, pins, rear sight and mag release that were not an exact copy of the MP5 are changed to real or altered to look like a real MP5.
I now have a gun that looks exactly like an MP5 but fires .22. Who could ask for a cooler .22?  I love the gun and I am glad I got one while they were available. Thanks
Crappy cell phone pics

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab11/bigjunk1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0217.jpghttp://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab11/bigjunk1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0215.jpg

View Quote

I have a very early model as well.  ATI helped me out with early extraction issues and I installed a folding stock.  It has been a fun shooter over the years.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe I should bite the bullet and get one, since I'll never have a real MP5.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Love mine. Waiting on my P barrel to finish the SBR conversion.

I'm guessing the HK lawsuit had more to do with this going away than ammo shortages.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I still remember the first advertisement I saw for the gsg-5.  I thought, someday I will own that (I was much poorer at the time).

Not only do I have one, I have an SBR that is just the tits.

Link Posted: 4/9/2016 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I still remember the first advertisement I saw for the gsg-5.  I thought, someday I will own that (I was much poorer at the time).

Not only do I have one, I have an SBR that is just the tits.

View Quote

Same here.  I love mine and it's my son's favorite to shoot at the range.  Thanks ATI!
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:52:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow i just won one of these at an auction..know nothing about them. Hope its a metal receivered one tho. Supposed to arrive tmw..so will find out then.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:23:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Can a pistol sized cocking tube and any other parts to convert a regular sized mp5 to the K version be ordered from you? Or 3rd party only? I want one..but the k version is hens teeth
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Awesome Chris I'm glad we still have support for our gsg rifles thanks for this. Loved these from the start I with my gen 1 gsg 5 salute you.  love mp5 type guns I knw have a scorpion as well. 9mm is not much more tan 2 lr these days sadly.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top