Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 9/8/2010 10:26:48 AM EDT
if I was going to sbr a gsg5p with the 9 inch barrel, (OAL 17") what would be the correct OAL to state on the form 1 if I was using this stock ?

http://www.hotgunparts.com/servlet/the-13/GSG-dsh-5-High-Quality-ICS/Detail

thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
This is what I have on my approved Form 1.

I hope it helps. Julio
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
you can put any stock on that you want. folder-fixed go for it. you have sbr.thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is what I have on my approved Form 1.

http://www.mygsg5.com/images/SBR GSG-5P Length.jpg

I hope it helps. Julio

which stock do you have ? i was wanting the telescoping stock shown in the link i posted. IIRC, the OAL would be from the stock fully extended, to the muzzle

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:17:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Very Interesting... I just measured my GSG-5 with that stock and got a length of 32.5 in. When I came up with that 27.1 that I put on the form I must have taken that off the GSG-5 specs section of the factory website. Either way, I don't think it'll be an issue for you. Especially if you're SBRing it and paying Uncle Sam the $200.

Enjoy your SBR. God knows I sure do...

Julio
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I called  martinburg branch nfa. if you change the barrel length like 11.5 to 7.5 on a ar-15 you must send a letter stating the change in length -caliber. include serial # on register sbr.you will recieve a letter to attach to form 1 or 4.sign and date letter that you send in.thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I called  martinburg branch nfa. if you change the barrel length like 11.5 to 7.5 on a ar-15 you must send a letter stating the change in length -caliber. include serial # on register sbr.you will recieve a letter to attach to form 1 or 4.sign and date letter that you send in.thanks.

which is why i'd like to get the lengths right the first time .. i know the barrel is 7", and the OAl of the pistol (gsg5p) is 17", still wondering the length of it with the telescoping stock attached ?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:31:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe that would be the same length as an MP5 with a retractable stock.  Measurement should be easy enough to find.  I don't recall offhand what I listed mine as.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:44:55 AM EDT
[#8]
my gsg-5p sbr overall lenght is 28.0 in. barrel is 9.0.the stock is gsg side folder.barrel lenght is the main issue.the gsg side folders are loose.i will not buy one again.thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's your answer - 26 inches on the dot!

I hope that helps. Julio

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This applies only if you're making a permanent change to the barrel length. If you retain the original barrel and are able to return the weapon to the original configuration as listed on your Form 1, you are not required to notify ATF. If you sell or otherwise dispose of the barrel that was listed on your Form 1, and install a different length barrel,  then this is considered a permanent change and the letter would be required.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I think you are right.nfa gives  different  answers to the same question.as long it is registered is main thing.thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here's your answer - 26 inches on the dot!

I hope that helps. Julio

http://www.mygsg5.com/images/GSG-5P SBR with ICS Retractable Stock 9-10-2010.JPG

thank you sir. - brl - 9" OAL 26"

Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top