Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 9/4/2010 3:57:04 PM EDT
I wanted some optics on my GSG-5, which it mainly a range gun, and after not finding too much in my price range (cheap) at this morning's gun show I picked up a basic Tasco red dot on our way home.

It mounted on my GSG easily enough (I have a top rail) but when I go to sight it in, I find the red dot is on the front sight!

So, how do you that have scopes on your GSG-5s deal with the front sight? Is there any way to remove it? If not, I will probably return the red dot and just stick with the iron sights; but I was hoping this simple red dot would this fun little carbine a little more accurate to shoot!

Cheers! M2
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:37:47 PM EDT
I don't understand your problem, the whole red dot sight is hitting the front sight?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:37:29 PM EDT
The front sight is what I see when I look through the scope, the red dot is placed right on it. I want to know if I can physically remove the front sight as to not block the view of the scope.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:06:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MajMadMax:
The front sight is what I see when I look through the scope, the red dot is placed right on it. I want to know if I can physically remove the front sight as to not block the view of the scope.

Thats how it's supposed to be(Thats how my guns are w/ red dots. Red dot is aligned with the front site). If it was a magnified scope, you wouldn't see the front sight. You can take the whole front sight assembly off, but you would have to buy a new one and cut the sight off I guess(Airsoft one for $15...or so)
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:38:02 AM EDT
The front sight is what I see when I look through the scope, the red dot is placed right on it

you can get riser mounts, i got a 1cm riser mount and all is good - lifts it just free enough so the foresight isnt visible
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:24:41 PM EDT
If you look carefully you will see a screw that holds the front sight post in, loosen it and remove the post.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Top Top