BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#2]
are SD cocking handles and standard GSG5 handles different?
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ATICSR_Christopher:
yes, the SD cocking handle has a cut out indentation to compensate for the size of the ridges on the SD handguard.  Originally the SD was to have the normal cocking lever but it chews up the rubberized grip.

So how much to purchase a SD cocking handle so I can clear my RIS a bit better?
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I was planning on ordering one of the GSG-5 SD units.

My question is in a few parts. First are you accepting orders over the phone and have my FFL fax his information to you. Second, I live in West Virginia, but my FFL is in Maryland and I am pretty sure Maryland has some BS restrictions for the higher capacity mags. Can the mags  be shipped direct to my home address and the rifle to him?

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/28/2010 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]
^^^SO, that means I cant buy the pieces necessary to make my P into a PK (barrel, cocking handle housing assy, grip) from you.

and i don't know anyone that sells all of those pieces. I am guessing call one of those places and have them order all the pieces necesary? if so, if i PM you can you PM me back part numbers?

I don't wanna drop $500 on a PK. lol.

Link Posted: 2/1/2010 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
^^^SO, that means I cant buy the pieces necessary to make my P into a PK (barrel, cocking handle housing assy, grip) from you.

and i don't know anyone that sells all of those pieces. I am guessing call one of those places and have them order all the pieces necesary? if so, if i PM you can you PM me back part numbers?

I don't wanna drop $500 on a PK. lol.

Parts you can order from ATI, complete guns you can not. I don't know about accessories.
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#9]
well, if that's the case, i will need to place an order for what i can get :)

yeah, i have a P and an SD, so i am good on GSG's
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Chris and the Staff at ATI

Just wanted to say thanks for all your great customer service and the way you all have kept us informed over
the fake suppressor recall.  I have one SD and have recommended this rifle to all my shooting friends.  

Just wanted to say thanks to you all.

CaliRN
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/21/2010 8:07:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Chris,

What do you there at ATI charge for a replacement stock screw?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/22/2010 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Chris, How can I exchange  my powdercoated  reciever for a blued one as it should have been? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Got my bolt/carrier back today and it looks great.
They did a lot more than just riveted the ejector, they replaced the firing pin, replaced the extractor, and replaced  both bolt carrier halfs and new updated hardware w/ red loctite.
And a free hat !!!!!!

ATI has number one customers service. I am very please, Very fast turn around.

Thanks again ATI
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Chris, How can I exchange my powdercoated reciever for a blued one as it should have been? Thanks

All of the replacement reciever parts we have from GSG right now are powder coated as well.  We have expressed our concerns regarding this to them considering the durability of the powder coat against some of the cleaners available here in the US.  We'll see how it goes but ATI doesn't make the guns.  If you have a powder coat and have issues with it due to cleaners, let us know if it get damaged.  That's the best we can do on that right now.

Chris, you have my SD in there now for this issue as well as the shroud. What kinds of cleaner and lubricant would you reccomend for these powdercoated receivers?
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok I sent my gsg-5 pistol back for service 2 weeks agon, got it back today. it said they ran 20 rounds through it flawlessly, then tried my mag and it jammed. so they sent me 2 new mags back in the mail. i loaded a mag and tried to cycle the rounds by hand, and they still completely jam up. i mean it should extract unfired rounds correct? i have tried remington thunderbolt and also cci mini mag. what ammo does the factory use? it cost me 54.00 bucks to send a brand new gun back to the factory. i'm glad i got another mag and a hat for free, but i'am going to go broke sending this thing bacl and forth. any ideas??
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Chris I sent you an email regarding the 1st anniversary titanium paint. I hope to resolve that issue, other than that the GSG5 has been a ton of fun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 6:33:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WarNerve] [#19]
I need a new sling loop for the front end of my son's GSG - his broke. How do I order one? Thanks. Please IM or email me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2010 3:14:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Loki41872] [#20]
I posted this in the troubleshooting thread, but I'll drop it in here, too.
I have a 2nd or 3rd gen GSG-5. Have had it for over a year, with several thousand rounds through it with no problems ever that weren't because of bad ammo. All the screws have been checked for tightness after every single range trip, and I have cleaned it religiously after every trip.

This weekend, we were at the range. I have always ran Federal Bulk ammo. This weekend, I wanted to try something else, because it seems out of every box of Federal, there's always 20 or so rounds that fail to fire, exc.. So we got a box of the Remington golden .22 ammo. On the first mag, the bolt top cover split in two at the front, the front outer shell broke completely through and seperated from the rest of the shell, and the barrel cracked!

I don't think it was an ammo issue, because we were running it in other .22s that day, and the GSG is the only one that kaboomed. I'll get pics soon.

What would be my next move? The gun is completely ruined, and unfixable by me. Going to need a new bolt assembly, barrel, and it looks like the outer case is cracked as well.

Link Posted: 7/14/2010 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#21]
The front of my bolt carrier cracked in the same exact spot. I just noticed this 2 days ago when taking it apart to clean it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I sent an email regarding a cocking tube. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#23]
hey Loki I have stopped shooting my GSG in fear that this same exact thing is going to happen. I have had rounds go kaboom inside the chamber and one of my friends got a very minor injury from shooting my gun. Wonder if this is a design flaw? I check my screws and clean my guns religiously after every shooting session.
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Chris,
Was looking at the ATI site and saw that the VK 22 has no price.  Do you have a timeline for
when that will be available, and will it be Calfornia approved?

thanks,
CaliRN
Link Posted: 8/4/2010 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/4/2010 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey Chris I sent you an e-mail last night, I have a screw on the bolt of my rifle that won't stay tight and falls out during firing. Let me know what to do from here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2010 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Chris,
Thank you, I will start checking the Turners near me.

CaliRN
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey Chris and everyone, heres a copy of an email I sent to you, but maybe someone else can help me out.  Thanks

Hi Chris - I think my friend Dustin spoke with you on the phone regarding shipping back his GSG5 for Ray to take a look at.  Ray requested the whole thing, not just the bolt carrier, so we were wondering how we go about doing this.  Can we ship it directly to you or do we need to go through an FFL?  What about the return trip... can it come straight to us?  Should we remove any parts?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2010 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SikDMAX:
Hey Chris and everyone, heres a copy of an email I sent to you, but maybe someone else can help me out.  Thanks

Hi Chris - I think my friend Dustin spoke with you on the phone regarding shipping back his GSG5 for Ray to take a look at.  Ray requested the whole thing, not just the bolt carrier, so we were wondering how we go about doing this.  Can we ship it directly to you or do we need to go through an FFL?  What about the return trip... can it come straight to us?  Should we remove any parts?  Thanks!

You can ship it directly to ATI for repair with out going through a FFL, and they will ship it directly to you when they are finished. I would remove scopes, scope rails, anything that is not intrical with the basic gun. Also mags do not need to be shipped unless they are part of the issue you are encountering. I am a FFL, I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Extractor upgrade? I bought one of the gen1 gun when they came out. I had it SBRd, shot a couple of hundred rnds and put it up. I have just now looked into the GSG forum after being away for awhile and found there is some type of extractor fix. Can I just send the bolt assembly in for the fix?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:56:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Sgt911:
Extractor upgrade? I bought one of the gen1 gun when they came out. I had it SBRd, shot a couple of hundred rnds and put it up. I have just now looked into the GSG forum after being away for awhile and found there is some type of extractor fix. Can I just send the bolt assembly in for the fix?

Yea I don't see why not.  In fact I'm sure I've read that others on this forum have done it.  Call ati to double check.
Link Posted: 9/17/2010 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/16/2010 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Hi, it seems from the pictures that the 522 pistol does not come with a sling attachment in the end cap.  Can you confirm this?  Pictures of the older GSG5 show it had one.  Can you request this feature be added to your newer models?
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Chris, I posted a thread back in August about not receiving alternate front sights with my GSG 1911. You told me to contact [email protected], which I did. Never received a response, and never received the sights. Help?

Hi,

Yes, the GSG 1911 is supposed to have additional front sights in the box to adjust for elevation.  Unfortunately, GSG omitted these sights from some of the first ones imported, so if you get a GSG 1911 that does not have additional front sights in the packet with the manual etc, please contact us at [email protected] with your serial number and shipping info so we can send them to you.  Thanks!

Ah the joy in having a new product
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:49:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Francis_York_Morgan] [#37]
Hmmm, not too sure what to tell you about the email, want to give me a call at 800-290-0065 ex 153 today before 5 or onday - Fri next week 9-5pm EST so I can get you taken care of?  Thanks!

I'll give you a call as soon as I get a chance. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:11:48 AM EDT
[#38]
I need to purchase a standard GSG-5 A-2 stock.  Can't seem to find one on your site or anyone elses.  Can't you give me a link to a sorce for the standard gsg5 carbine stock?

Bobcat12
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#40]
The A2 fixed stocks are only available through our service center.  You can call us at 800-290-0065 or email at [email protected] to get one.

Thanks for that.  I called the service center and Bill in Customer service fixed my up.  Great service.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 11/8/2010 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Christopher,
I just received my GSG-5 back from your service dept. and wanted to publicly commend you folks on an amazing job.
The quick (one day!) turn around and exemplary service ATI provided were heads and tails above any other warrenty/service job I've ever seen.
Mike C. did the work, and I am so impressed, I am running out into the streets to tell everyone I see to buy an ATI firearm. He really went above and beyond in his repairs, detailed notes, and even the repackaging the rifle as it was when new, not to mention the hat and ultra-zoot key chain you guys threw in. Service of this level is rare in the world today, and almost unheard of in an American company. I just wanted to thank you, and your whole team on a job well done.
Chris in Olympia
Service #119541
Link Posted: 11/9/2010 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/9/2010 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Chris

can you make 1 of these for the gsg5?you could sell a lot of them.
SPPED LOADER
Link Posted: 11/10/2010 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/11/2010 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Chris

maybe you can get a us manufacturer to make these.i believe you would sell more than you think.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#46]
a big thanks to Chris. My SD didnt come with the bolt hold open spring. called him up. 2 days later i got 4 springs. awesome service.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Hi Chris, I picked up a GSG5SD from Dunhams Sports two days ago and upon getting it home I found the handguard sleeve would not stay locked to the shroud frame. Upon inspection, I found the tabs used to hold the handguard on looked as if they were ground down or something along those lines. The rifle is brand new and as I also checked on ATI's main site the recall has been done to change the can/barrel shroud. So I was wondering if it could have been damaged when the recall was done? If this is so how can I go about getting a new handguard?

Thank you in advance
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Hi,

The hand guard for the SD is not held on by the tabs, they are just decorative.  There is a screw that goes into the handguard on the bottom that holds it into place.  Without the screw, the hand guard slides around so sounds to me like that's the culprit.  Please email a request for the SD hand guard screw to [email protected] and we'll get you one.  Thanks!

Thanks! Upon checking the box the rifle came with I found a lonely hand guard screw. Part is installed and working great! Thanks for the heads up Chris!
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Chris - I have a gen2 and just found that the extractor is loose and I'm having a real issue with a light firing pin. Is this something that I can send it in for? I fully understand the extractor will cause a FTE, but I'm averaging about 7 FTF per magazine (regardless of the ammo I use). Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Page / 7
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top