Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This

I have the same knife. It comes with a leather sheath. DO NOT store it in the leather for any length of time. It will rust.
I wish I had a kydex sheath for it.
View Quote

Dang, I store mine in the leather sheath. I'll take it out as soon as I can.
ETA: Page 2 is mine, edit and all!
Also, this thread reminded me that I"ve always wanted to buy a Cheetah XL in white and leather. I just found one after looking everywhere (they are discontinued).
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 2:05:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Also, this thread reminded me that I"ve always wanted to buy a Cheetah XL in white and leather. I just found one after looking everywhere (they are discontinued).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

I have the same knife. It comes with a leather sheath. DO NOT store it in the leather for any length of time. It will rust.
I wish I had a kydex sheath for it.

Yeah mine rusted so bad I soaked it in Naval Jelly and then scrubbed it with red scotch brite.
It has some visible pitting but overall looks good.
It didn't take long to rust.  It wasn't in the leather more than 2 weeks from the time I opened the box and put it in the sheath.

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah mine rusted so bad I soaked it in Naval Jelly and then scrubbed it with red scotch brite.
It has some visible pitting but overall looks good.
It didn't take long to rust.  It wasn't in the leather more than 2 weeks from the time I opened the box and put it in the sheath.

View Quote

I noticed that mine has pitting near the tip. I just assumed it was from the time I took it to the beach. I wondered why it would do that since I'm pretty OCD when it comes to cleaning my gear/guns. I guess the sheath really is bad for storage.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I recently got a Wild Pig Hunter too. It and my street scapel 2 are my two fav Tops knives. I'm going to make a kydex sheath for it, but if you want to buy one here is a source : Armorsheaths
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I recently got a Wild Pig Hunter too. It and my street scapel 2 are my two fav Tops knives. I'm going to make a kydex sheath for it, but if you want to buy one here is a source : Armorsheaths
View Quote

Cool thanks for that link.

Tops made a “night” version of the Pig Hunter at one time with black scales and a black kydex sheath but apparently it’s been discontinued.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Changed my mind after pricing everything out and just went with the one I mentioned above.

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I added a holster loop to my factory CUT 4.0 sheath. Of course the knife is inside the belt outside the pants worn on the weak side.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a friend that works there, and have handled and used many of their knives.

Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Well made knives, don't think I've ever seen one I thought that looked good, just not my taste.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Really? They have wide assortment of designs and thought they would have something for everyone.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Tops, esee, becker, Lt wright, mora, all good choices.

Haven't bought a new fixed blade in a good while. Last was a cold steel srk which is fine but I prefer my esee 4 and 6
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the cut 4.0, and I carry almost daily.  Very comfortable knife.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I added a holster loop to my factory CUT 4.0 sheath. Of course the knife is inside the belt outside the pants worn on the weak side. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/5273/1047404C-CAD8-4970-9B2A-D41A0E253B82-1701217.jpg
View Quote

I got an aftermarket sheath for mine as well. The one it comes with is decent but I like this a lot better....

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Bump this with my annual post-Christmas TOPS update:

Link Posted: 1/2/2021 6:48:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Good kit.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top