Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 10/18/2017 4:35:52 PM EDT
I purchased a Blackjack AWAC knife last weekend at a local garage sale.
It was dirty as it sat on a shelf in the garage for past 15+ years.  I cleaned it up and the blade came out nice with no rust and the black leather sheath is like new.
I remember these knives back in the 1990's for like $90 and liked the way they looked but could never justify a knife like that.  
How are these knives in terms of material and quality?  DO they stand up and do they hold their edge well?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics

Blackjacks were made by many makers over the years but everyone that I have seen were really nicely made knives.  

I would like a model 7
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
This is not mine but it's just like this one and I have the factory box too.

Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few Blackjack knives, they are made by Mike Stewart who also makes Bark River knives. The earlier knives made in Effingham, IL are collectible. They were owned by Smoky Mountain for a while, and now by Bark River.

The Blackjack Classics are good knives, made from A2 steel with a convex grind.  They are currently $175-250.

The bad thing about Blackjack is that they also sell imported knives, chinese crap.

The AWAC is a little different, if I remember right it uses a stainless steel.  But it’s a US made knife, I think made in Effingham.

AWAC info
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a few Blackjack knives, they are made by Mike Stewart who also makes Bark River knives. The earlier knives made in Effingham, IL are collectible. They were owned by Smoky Mountain for a while, and now by Bark River.

The Blackjack Classics are good knives, made from A2 steel with a convex grind.  They are currently $175-250.

The bad thing about Blackjack is that they also sell imported knives, chinese crap.

The AWAC is a little different, if I remember right it uses a stainless steel.  But it’s a US made knife, I think made in Effingham.

AWAC info
View Quote
Thank you for that link...lots of good info.
Mine is made in Effingham, IL.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top