Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2017 8:55:14 AM EDT
Prefer multicam for the sheath, 7" or so for knife. I live near A.G. Russell Knives in Arkansas fwiw and am new to quality knives. Any leads appreciated and would like to spend less than $150 total if possible. Open to used as well if you know of something. thanks!
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#1]
What is the knife foing to be used for?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#2]
General purpose I suppose but want something I can pull without unfolding; some game skinning for sure. I don't need a 'combat' knife as I am a chairborne ranger. Am I being too general and need to perhaps do some more reading?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Would an Esse 3 Rowen slightly used for $75 with kydex sheath fit the bill? I haven't had it in my hand yet but the size/shape appeal to me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. Actually, I'm meeting a guy to get a Esee 3 this afternoon. In my searching, I did see some others I like so while I hate to admit it, I think I've gotten the knife bug. I do need a couple for different uses and places.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Now that TX changed the knife laws on Sept 1 (you arent limited to 5.5in) i want a full sized ka-bar Marine knife as well as Tanto ... and the heavy bowie lol.

I already have a small 5.25in Tanto and bith TDI Law Enforcement blades.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#6]
150 or less....

Sykco 511
Esee4
Esee6
Ratmandu from swamprat, but you will be a little over your budget, won't come with sheath ($50ish to have one made), and you will have to wait. 

The esee3 would make a good Skinner with its thinner blade stock than the 4, and shorter blade than the 6.

The 6 is a better woods knife, and the 4 is a better all around knife.

Sykco or swamprat steel will blow town 1095 out of the water in every way besides price and having to get sheaths 
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I would like to recommend that you get a "dangler" sheath.  I thought they were a gimmick/fad til I tried one myself.  Easier to sheath the knife and gives the knife some flexibility to move around when you get in or out of a vehicle or chair. As far as the knife goes I'm a big fan of the TOPS BOB. Not a big burly knife but well thought out and tough.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Get you 4 Moraknivs an call it good and under budget.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks y'all. I decided to bust the budget a bit and got the Esee 3, Fallkniven A1 and F1. I know I'm way off of my initial plan but they look like they will be suitable for different places/applications. I will look at the others you've recommended and consider them; might buy another next month.
Never heard of a 'dangler' but will check it out.

thanks again
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Is that about 3x the initial budget?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#11]
You might contact Blade Tech. They make kydex knife sheaths. You will probably have to send your knife to them to fit it. I had one of the first new S&W model 386 PD scandium/titanium pistols (years ago) and I contacted Blade Tech to ask if they made holsters for it. They had me send it to them and they made a holster for it. I would imagine that their price would be well within your limit. They make quality kydex holsters. Check 'em out.

link to Blade Tech
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top