Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 9/7/2017 10:35:14 PM EDT
Sooo...Im a noob when it comes to knives and swords, watching the Book Of Eli and got inspired to pick up a cool looking Machete. I ended of buying one like in the Book of Eli with the holes, leather wrapped handle and Damascus steel. Coming from Knife King... so did I buy crap or will it be decent? Don't have any immediate use for it other then I never owned a Machete before and just wanted one. Spur of the moment buy really...

specs:

Blade Material: Our Blade Contains "1095 & 15N20" Japanese High Carbon Tool Steel with 512 Layers and Hardness 58 to 60Hrc
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you use the 50% off coupon for their Labor Day sale? Either which way do not expect it to be a real Machete that will last.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:57:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I wouldn't bother packing it on your next trek through a rainforest, it'll probably dull too quickly to be really usable.

But it might do ok for some smaller camp chores, may just need the edge touched up more often than some others.

If it looks cool and didn't break the bank then it's not a total loss.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BLIND.........THE WHOLE TIME
View Quote
You lost me, what's your meaning?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]
No I did not use any coupon. What's are your guys suggestions for a real good blade?
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#6]
He was referring to Eli being blind.

I recommend the Ontario G.I. machete (or similar) if you want a machete. The issued G.I. sheath (which I seem to remember is made by another company) has a little stone in it which touches up the edge every time it's removed/reinserted into the scabbard. It's not as effective as a purposeful sharpening, obviously, but it's a nice feature. 
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#7]
"Blade Contains "1095 & 15N20" Japanese High Carbon Tool Steel with 512 Layers and Hardness 58 to 60Hrc"

If the blade specifications are accurate, then it should be a good blade. I do not know anything about the company to comment on their quality control or marketing, but if they are telling the truth I don't see why it wouldn't serve as a useful blade. Those two materials are common for good quality damascus, and the hardness may actually be a little on the high side for a larger machete-type blade. Which will hold an edge, but may chip if twisting in wood or hitting rocks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BLIND.........THE WHOLE TIME
lol
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top