Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 8/23/2017 8:47:59 PM EDT
Would prefer assisted opening, but will consider all suggestions.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Buck 110, Cabela's limited edition Buck anniversary one has more modern steel like their custom order line, if you can find one.

I have one with an aftermarket leather sheath that opens the knife when you pull it out. Also standard blade Buck anniversary is around 30 bucks at Walmart Though it is only 420 HC.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Zero Tolerance

It's $15 more, but worth it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
$75. Spyderco Endura 4 Wave. Opens upon drawing. Weighs basically nothing. VG10 steel. I've had mine over 5 years and my brother just bought one as well.

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:37:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Spyderco Manix 2 Endura 4, or the Police. Personally I would choose the Endura 4 in ZDP-189.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:34:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spyderco Manix 2 Endura 4, or the Police. Personally I would choose the Endura 4 in ZDP-189.
View Quote
I have the Delica 4 in ZDP-189.  I don't use it, but it's a smaller version of the Endura; however, you might need a diamond hone for that steel.

As per StarScream's suggestion a while back, I picked up a little Smith's dual grit diamond pocket hone, from WalMart for $15, just to have.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know if I understand what you might call "best" but my EDC is a Spyderco Delica 4 FFG.  They are available today @ ~$70 delivered @ Amazon.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#8]
My EDC is a Kershaw Blur.  It has assisted opening and Amazon has them for $58.00.  At that price you can buy two and still have a few bucks for Tacos! 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#9]
The Spyderco Native and Caly models are fine lock-backs. Both have models within your price point.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Spyderco endura.  Use the extra $ between the base knife in VG-10 and get a better steel. or just pocket the $.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#11]
CRKT  It's a little big, but it's my EDC.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 2:30:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
$75. Spyderco Endura 4 Wave. Opens upon drawing. Weighs basically nothing. VG10 steel. I've had mine over 5 years and my brother just bought one as well.

https://images.knifecenter.com/thumb/1500x1500/knifecenter/spyderco-knives/images/C10PGYWa.jpg
View Quote
Quoted because it's an awesome knife.

I've had mine about 18 months. It's a BIG folder but carries very well as it weighs nothing.

It and the Delica 4 Wave are some of the best EDC folders you can get, especially not spending more than 200 for.

The Wave will become your new favorite method of opening a folder within 5 minutes of practice.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Why does it have to have a backlock?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lockback means the blade locks back, or locks in the open position.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You gonna get raped.gif
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
<wondering if he actually believes this...  or is just having a laugh on us...  sarcasm translates so poorly to written text...>
??
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not really. Lockback implies a lock on the spine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lockback is a specific type of locking blade knife, which is why all the suggestions you have been given are limited to one type of locking blade knife (lockbacks):

See this link for a good explanation of the various types of locking blade mechanisms.

http://knifeinformer.com/pocket-knife-lock-types/
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Another Buck 110 vote. My wife gave me one from their custom shop in s30v with stag scales, it is very well built. It will be processing deer in a few months.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Cold Steel Broken Skull
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lockback is a specific type of locking blade knife, which is why all the suggestions you have been given are limited to one type of locking blade knife (lockbacks):

See this link for a good explanation of the various types of locking blade mechanisms.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the education!
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Griptilian or a Glock 19
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 3:36:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Another Buck 110 vote. My wife gave me one from their custom shop in s30v with stag scales, it is very well built. It will be processing deer in a few months.
View Quote
Have you seen the auto model they introduced earlier this year? I want one. The idea of a grandpa switchblade amuses me way too much.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top