Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 8/17/2017 12:02:07 AM EDT
I've waited years to get my hands on a Microtech OTF.  Only problem was that they were way out of my price range.  On Instagram I follow a lot of the "knife guys" and one I have chatted with a few times was letting go of his near brand new UTX-85 "Hell hound".  I messaged him and he told me what he wanted....I had had to have it.  Well below cost and only very gently used.  Its on its way to a new home.

Tried to get a little video to link of it, but photobucket sucks.  Pics to come once it arrives.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations.

Do these normally go for around $200?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congratulations.

Do these normally go for around $200?
View Quote
Yes, according the the Google search I just did.  $195-$205 depending on D/E and color.  Lots are out of stock.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
This model goes for around 365  some of the folder style autos are are in the 200 range.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to the Microtech family.  I have two OTF's from them.  One is the Star Wars edition that was purchased as a graduation gift for my grandson when he graduates from H.S.  I believe it is the Jedi Knight model.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome to the Microtech family.  I have two OTF's from them.  One is the Star Warscaddition that was purchased as a graduation gift for my grandson when he graduates from H.S.
View Quote
I love the bobba fett one that they make.  I think there is also a storm trooper and a Jedi master well.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations on your purchase. Microtech makes the best OTF knives. I've owned two Scarabs. I sold the first one (I carried it on duty for 10 years and the blade mechanism was as strong as when I first bought it brand new) because it was double edged and I was retiring and D/E blades were illegal to carry in Texas until next September 1. I bought the second one with a single edge.
This is a picture of my new one. The folding knife is a Chris Reeves Umnumzaan for general purpose cutting tasks.

Oh, and by the way, don't try and put the knife close to a fixed object. It is designed to not fully open up onto something blocking the blades travel out into fully open and locked position.

https://postimg.org/image/kfj01hwod/]
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like you got an Ultratech Hellhound, not a UTX-85 Hellhound. Congratulations, I consider those gateway knives, now get a Combat Troodon and a Halo. Thank me later.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top