Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2017 9:54:51 PM EDT
I have taken a class with Kyle before, and he is big into knives. I am going to take a carbine class with him and he says that you have to have a fixed blade knife for the course, and a trainer. I have an Esee Izula and an Esee 4, and both are too big, and I don't have trainers for them. I am looking for a fixed blade with a 3.5" blade, that I can get a matching trainer for, like an Esee 3. I am thinking about an I would like to get a sheath that I can wear horizontally, any ideas?

Thanks, Andy
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
How about Bawidaman? They have lots of fixed blade options and they make some trainers. You may have to email them to get exactly what you want.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Those look very nice, but a little out of my target price range. I went with an Esee 3 and I am going to make my own trainer.

Thanks, Andy
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out the Armatus Architect for a good Esee 3 carry sheath
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:11:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out the Armatus Architect for a good Esee 3 carry sheath
View Quote
I'm going to order one of those. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm going to order one of those. Thanks!
View Quote
I have one for my Esee 4 and my TDI Hinderance. The 4 is honestly a little long for horizontal carry, I think I am going to get one for my wife's 3 though

ETA, they usually run sales around the holidays, that is when I ordered my stuff
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an Esee 4 and it's too damn big. So far I love the Esee 3 and it seems to be perfect size.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#7]
How about Benchmade 178SBK-COMBO SOCP Dagger 3.22" Black Combo Blade with Trainer, Black Sheath.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:33:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure that's a fine knife, but it's not what I'm looking for. I am more of a traditionalist.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Would be interested in seeing what you rig up as a trainer OP.

I was thinking about getting some thick kydex and trace out some of my blades to make trainers
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I have started the trainer and I think it is going to turn out pretty well. I can post a picture when I'm done.

Quoted:
Would be interested in seeing what you rig up as a trainer OP.

I was thinking about getting some thick kydex and trace out some of my blades to make trainers
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is a pic of my completed trainer. It's not a work of art, but I'm happy with how it turned out. The downside is that without the blade bevel if won't fit in an Esee sheath, if I put an adequate bevel on it, it won't be a trainer anymore. Hopefully the trainer will fit in the Armatus sheath I have coming.

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here is a pic of my completed trainer. It's not a work of art, but I'm happy with how it turned out. The downside is that without the blade bevel if won't fit in an Esee sheath, if I put an adequate bevel on it, it won't be a trainer anymore. Hopefully the trainer will fit in the Armatus sheath I have coming.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64318/20170820_160722-285873.jpg
View Quote
Looks great!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Seen this?
HR-1
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seen this?
HR-1
View Quote
That's very interesting. I like the Elmax steel.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top