Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 9/9/2010 6:13:21 AM EDT
I'm considering one and wanted opinions from you folks. Any alternatives you would recommend? I would primarily use it for machette or light hand axe work. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:46:25 AM EDT
The Junglas is on my short list of wants from ESEE. You may want to have a look around the ESEE Forum at bladeforums.com. There's a bunch of reviews w/photos of the Junglas (not to mention just about every other knife they make). By all accounts it's one hell of a blade.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:54:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By supra_man_89:
I'm considering one and wanted opinions from you folks. Any alternatives you would recommend? I would primarily use it for machette or light hand axe work. Thanks!
I think Junglases are cool but I have difficulty getting past the $150 pricetag for a machete...

For about 1/3 the price of a Junglas there are 2 KaBar Machetes which could fill your needs...

The KaBar Cultass Machete (1.2 pounds) >>>

and the KaBar Kukri Machete (1.7 pounds) >>>

If you would like to get good overview of the world of machetes, try here. You can search by manufacturer (ESEE also makes a "regular" machete for about $50), by style, by length, etc... have a look and poke around...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:39:49 AM EDT
I have a Junglas and recently took it on a 3 day camping trip. I used it for cutting down widowmakers,limbing, and batoning enough firewood for the 3 days. It's a great camp knife-chopper and the bonus is the great sheath. I feel it was worth every cent I spent and has become my must have camping/survival knife. It also serves as a great butcher knife ! JMHO
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top