Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 9/8/2010 10:48:25 PM EDT

I loved Benchmades before I was in the Corps and grew to love them while in when I first deployed and heard that we might get 5000 Auto-Presidios it was like Christmas

Then the big green weeny came and made sure that only the E-6 and above got them even tho when we showed up there were over 500 in storage=

Well I stuck around the Corps and eventually got lucky and that Christmas finally happened !!!

What is your opinion on the Marines using this Auto as a compliment to the Ontario bayonets we are issued

• Do you think they made a good choice ??

• Do you think they could have made a better choice ???

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, the Army has been issuing Benchmade 9050 AFOs.

I guess is not bad to have an auto-folder to taking care of MRE boxes and stuff you wouldn't pull your OKC for. Is more of a utility knife than a true combat knife, which is what the OKC was designed for.

Enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Stupid choice.
The Swiss have a large knife for heavy utility work and killing and a small knife for delicate work like mild cutting, eating and 99% of the time its what they use. The small knife has several other usefull tools.  Everyone has both. As you can see this USMC knife is a status symbol. E-6 and above???  WTF? That right there tells you it's a waste.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Before I deployed in 2004, I was issued a Benchmade AFO, a Gerber Silver Trident, and a SOG multitool. I took the Benchmade and the SOG. The Gerber stayed home. There was no reason for the Gerber or Benchmade, in my opinion, to be issued to an Aircraft Mechanic. But, as I'm pretty sure anyone who has been in will back me up with, you never turn it down when they are handing it out. I still have the SOG and AFO, the Gerber was and is a silly, abet expensive knife.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Stupid choice.

The Swiss have a large knife for heavy utility work and killing and a small knife for delicate work like mild cutting, eating and 99% of the time its what they use. The small knife has several other usefull tools.  Everyone has both. As you can see this USMC knife is a status symbol. E-6 and above???  WTF? That right there tells you it's a waste.

It was supposed to be issued to everyone along with the leathermans or gerbers

but magically they ran out of them even tho we were the only unit at the camp

AKA they fucking took 4-5 a piece and sold them / gave them as gifts

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top