Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 3/22/2006 11:35:53 AM EDT
I have a Lansky, which works pretty good. But there has to be something better?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:03:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gaspain:
I have a Lansky, which works pretty good. But there has to be something better?

I swore by a Lansky for years....it does indeed do a great job. But, a few weeks ago I bought a Spyderco Shapmaker. This is the best thing since God put titties on women! Not only is it easy, a couple minutes per knife, but it gets the knife scary sharp. Forget cutting paper, I learned a new trick....shaving paper in half.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:50:48 AM EDT
+1 for Spyderco Triangle - best investment ever. Diamond stones are pretty pricy (here in Russia $100+), but I'll have to buy it either in some time. And shaving paper is rulezzz! :)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 12:41:07 PM EDT
i use a warthog V-sharp it works well.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:34:03 PM EDT
I have both the Lansky and Spyderco systems. I really like the Spydie better, but some of my knives, mostly fixed blades, seem to work better on the Lansky. I took my Spydie system to Iraq when I was deployed last year and used it to sharpen a lot of knives. It worked real well on the mid range PX knives (CS SRK, CRKT, Kabar, Spyderco, SOG). I could'nt get it to put a good edge on the issue bayonet or on several AK bayonets. However, another guy had a Lansky with diamond stones that put an edge on the bayonets very quickly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:42:24 PM EDT
Razor edge technologies, a blade holding device which insures the correct angle, the steel and the stones determine the edge from there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:33:24 AM EDT
edgepro
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top