Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 3/18/2006 5:41:52 PM EDT
I need a new pocket knife. I want something that I am not afraid to lose. I want it to be non-serrated, under 3" blade, one handed opening, and under $60. What should I buy?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
CRKT M16 line. I own 3, one of which has been my workhorse for 3-4 yrs. No problems with any of them and the flipper system makes one-handed opening easy & faaaaaast.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone tried one of these?

They also make a slightly smaller version called Sizzler.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:23:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anyone tried one of these?

They also make a slightly smaller version called Sizzler.

I have two of those, and I like them.  They hold a edge well and I like the spring opening.  I don't carry mine all the time because it is smaller then what I like.

BTW - I got mine for $35 at a local store, so you may want to look around before buying from that site.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Ha, I handled that knife, at that store.  I said no thanks.  I agree that the CRKT m16 are a great deal.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Cold Steel Voyager.  Inexpensive, durable, and guilt free if you manage to destroy one.....and it is not easy to destroy one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#6]
think about a folder that takes box cutter blades.
if all you need is a cheap folder with a liner lock and a clip and
you want razor sharp blades you can replace it's a good deal!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Cold Steel Voyager.  Inexpensive, durable, and guilt free if you manage to destroy one.....and it is not easy to destroy one.

+1 on ColdSteel
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:49:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I recently picked up a Spyderco ProVenator C13 60/40 serrations/pe and am very impressed with it.  It's the stainless frame with tuffgrip insert, is fairly thin but has a stout blade and came very sharp.  Picked it up cheap to replace a lost Spyderco Calpyso.  
EricO
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Your search is over: SOG Flash II.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#10]
spyderco delica or delica II.  I prefer the all stainless of handle of the II.  I've carried an endura II for several years now and love it
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been using a Kershaw Scallion Ken Onion design for over 3 years without a hitch. Speed safe assist opening, shop it around you can find them under $60, if and or when this one finally breaks, I'll buy another just like it.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top