Benchmade Griptilian MDP
http://www.gpknives.com/item/Benchmade-Griptilian-MDP.html
Gerber Air Ranger
http://www.gpknives.com/item/Gerber-Air-Ranger.html
Kershaw Vapor
http://www.gpknives.com/item/Kershaw-Vapor.html
SOG Flash II
http://www.gpknives.com/item/SOG-Flash-II.html

Leaning towards the first one, it will be a daily carry.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I love SOG. I don't like any knife with a liner lock, but that's just my preference. I have a Flash 2 TiNi Tanto, a Flash 2 Tini spear point, and a Trident Tigerstripe. I carry one of these folders everyday, and they serve me well. I also have a Seal Knife 2000. My next two are going to be the Trident desert camo, and the Seal Pup Elite tigerstripe. Did I mention I like SOG?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Out of all of those listed, go with the Benchmade. They seem to be having a sale at GPK right now so you can't go wrong. That blade is usually around $70 bucks. Check everywhere else. Nobody is selling them that cheap. The axis lock is awesome and beats all of the locks on the other blades hands down. Griptilians are great knives for the money.

What is your budget? I could recommend some more folders, but not sure what you are willing to spend.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a Kershaw Ken Onion Leek with spring assist. It is really a nice knife. Paid $50.00 at Bass Pro in Dallas.

I flipped it open at work today to open a foil coffee bag and this guy next to me says "There's a notch in the bag so you can just tear it open". I replied, joking, that I prefered to use my knife. His reply, "Knives like that scare me"! He was serious!

Just F'ing amazing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:54:47 AM EDT
[#4]
The spyderco native at Walmart is a great buy. $39 and its real nice, theres another thread about it running around in here.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:58:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Benchmade fan, here.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:43:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Columbia River Carson M16 13, I went with this one.  I checked around and it was a good deal.  Seems a little slimmer than the others, which is good since I will be caring it in my pocket with everything else.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:48:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Columbia River Carson M16 13, I went with this one.  I checked around and it was a good deal.  Seems a little slimmer than the others, which is good since I will be caring it in my pocket with everything else.

Thanks

Cool, they cut pretty good, but be sure to engage the LAWKS system whenever working with the blade. I have had a couple CRKT liner locks fail on me. I believe that is why they introduced the LAWKS. Have fun and let us know how you like it!

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#8]
If you have the money, get an Emerson.  

The best damn knife I have every carried.  It is a lot nicer than my benchmades.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Do the Emerson knives (CQC7) have assisted opening?  I'm looking for a new knife too and am looking at the Kershaw Tactical Blur because of how easy it is to open with one hand - but I prefer the blade design of the CQC7.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Do the Emerson knives (CQC7) have assisted opening?  I'm looking for a new knife too and am looking at the Tactical Blur because of how easy it is to open with one hand - but I prefer the blade design of the CQC7.  Thanks!

No, but you can get the waved version, which opens as you pull it from the pocket. Waaaay faster than traditional opening or assisted opening (which I am not a fan of). Here is link to video clips from Emerson's site showing the wave in action.

www.emersonknives.com/Tact_index.html

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I love my Spyderco Endura.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Thanks

Good choice, I've had one since 2002 (pre-lawks and it has never failed me even though I beat the shit out of it)or so plus I just bought two more from the 16 series w/ the lawks system b/c a local shop was running a 40% off sale.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Good info - lefthandblack, have you used a knife with the WAVE feature?  Looks like it would work great w/ jeans, but how hard to you have to drag it across your pocket?  Just wondering if that little hook would tear suit pants/slacks pockets?  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Good info - lefthandblack, have you used a knife with the WAVE feature?  Looks like it would work great w/ jeans, but how hard to you have to drag it across your pocket?  Just wondering if that little hook would tear suit pants/slacks pockets?  

Yes I have, my CQC-7, and the only complaint about the wave is that it can tear up pants pockets. A sturdy pair of jeans or my personal favorite, 5.11 tactical pants with the reinforced pockets will be able to handle multiple wavings without really messing the pants up. Slacks or suit pants however might not be able to survive many without developing some holes in the corner of the pocket. You can adjust the pivot to make it open a little lighter, but it can still cause damage. Believe me, when you first get a knife with the wave, you will be playing with it all the time. It is just too fun not too. Just make sure you are wearing sturdy pants.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top