Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 4:53:18 PM EDT
Gents,
Where would one find used or new Ek / Blackjack knives?
eBay not included! Any references are greatly appreciated.

myit
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank You!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#3]
A couple points.  BlackJack and Ek Knives both existed as seperate companies prior to the early 90s when Ek was purchased by Blackjack Knives.  However Blackjack operated Ek Knive as a seperate nameline and one cant really consider Ek to also be known as Blackjack as your post title states.  When Blackjack Knives went out of business so did Ek Knives.  Within the last few years both companies have been ressurected with Ken Warner buying the name and manufacturing rights to the Blackjack designs and another company (cant remember who) doing the same with Ek Knives.  However the companies are completely seperate again. So the new Ek knives is really a different company than the original Ek Knives which was a different compay than Ek Knives made by Blackjack knives.  Same again for Blackjack Knives.   So if you are just looking for newer manufactured Blackjack stuff the link provide by lefthandblack is a good starting point.  If you are looking for new Ek Knives the new company has advertised in most of the current knife magazines the last couple years  If you are looking for older Ek and Blackjack stuff and dont want to go to ebay I have seen them show up reqularly on bladeforums.com and have actualy had good luck selling some of my older Blackjack knives there.  Please forgive me if I have offered more info than what you really wanted.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info!
What's the companies name
whom makes the "new" Ek
styled knives??

Thanks!
myit
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Heres another link, with even more stuff. Those Panga's look pretty sweet.

www.newgraham.com/warner.htm

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Again!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:15:22 AM EDT
[#7]
The EK custom shop has been making their knives all along.  www.ekknife.com
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#8]
address no worky

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the "new" BlackJack Slick with bone handle and a Panga.

The ''new" BalckJack Co. has no manufacturing capabliity of it's own.  Some of the "new" BackJacks are made by Bark River Kife and Tool which is quite good.  BRK&T  Both of mine are these.  Other of the "new" Black Jacks (all or most of the stainless knives) are made by a quality japanese manufacture.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Ek Commando Knife Co
601 N.Lombardy St
Richmond,VA 23220

(804)257-7144

My catalog is about 2 yrs old,which was the last time I purchased from them. The website was working recently,as far as I know they are still in operation.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have the "new" BlackJack Slick with bone handle and a Panga.

The ''new" BalckJack Co. has no manufacturing capabliity of it's own.  Some of the "new" BackJacks are made by Bark River Kife and Tool which is quite good.  BRK&T  Both of mine are these.  Other of the "new" Black Jacks (all or most of the stainless knives) are made by a quality japanese manufacture.  

Damn, that bums me out.  Not necessarily that the blade is  made in Japan, just that I  am a fan of the Effingham, IL Company.  I still have a Blackjack Classic 1-7 from the Effingham folks and it's a first class blade.  There are guns I would part with before I would part with that knife.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Ek moved just recently.

6767 Forest Hill Ave. Ste. 305
Richmond, VA 23225
804-257-7144

As for Ek knives manufactured under Blackjack, they are generally considered far inferior to any other Ek knife. I saw some at a recent gun show for $60ish.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Dose anyone here have the Anaconda. I was wondering how good the quality was and how thick the blade is. thanks.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top