Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 11/27/2005 11:05:41 PM EDT
gonna replace my hawken throwing hawk with a spike hawk.  thinking of the atc rogers rangers or new vietnam.  the rogers rangers will be similiar to what im familiar with.  the vietnam has the shorter 14" handle.  anyone use these and how do they throw?  i like the indestructable handle and belt sheath.  figured closer to target for one rotation with the short handle.  anyone got experiance with these hawks, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
anyone got experiance with these hawks, thanks.

I have an American Tomahawk Next Generation Ranger Spike Hawk and it's a surprisingly poor thrower.  The bevel on the edge just won't dig in to my target made of 12x2s.  It's a hell of a chopper and I'd hate to be on the business end but my cheap-o CS plainsman hawk or whatever it's called has a much better profile for sticking in wood.  The Emerson CQC-T Tomahawk looks to have the same edge profile as my Next Gen Ranger.  I also have a CS Vietnam hawk and it pretty much sucks for chopping and throwing.  From what I can tell in the pictures I've seen the Roger's Rangers, available from Bear Mountain rather than ATC looks to have the same edge profile as the plainsman so it should be a much better thrower than the New Vietnam/Lagana Tactical..
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:33:25 AM EDT
[#2]
good info.  i like the next gen.  maybe the head is too light.  im tired of messin with wooden handles, figured id try the synthetic.  thanks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:48:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought my boyfriend a tomahawk for Christmas last year, he had the same problem with the handle, but he replaced it with a synthetic handle from Sears, and he loves it, now!
And yes, it's an American Tomahawk.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:05:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bought my boyfriend a tomahawk for Christmas last year, he had the same problem with the handle, but he replaced it with a synthetic handle from Sears, and he loves it, now!

Your boyfriend is a lucky man. To have the hawk, and a woman who would buy it for him.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:46:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your boyfriend is a lucky man. To have the hawk, and a woman who would buy it for him.

I think he needs someone to tell him he's lucky.  
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top