Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 9/5/2002 1:18:17 PM EDT
This is not intented to be a flame thread a steel debate or a "who makes the best knife" post. I am only writing this to provide others who may be considering purchasing a Strider BT with information to help them decide. I hope others will follow suit, and post feedback on other knives that they OWN, which most people don't get to touch and see in person at most shops.(Semi-custom, Custom, ect.)I believe that this will help others sort throught the vast amounts of information like sales pitches,paid reviews and fancy photos. Let's get some Real feed back from owners of the knives, not the sales department. With all that out of the way............

I ordered a Strider BT directly from Strider Knives and recieved it less than a week. They very curtious to me on the phone and answerd all my questions. Here is my feedback, review what ever you want to call it.

My new Strider BT, I bought it with the OD para-cord wrapped handle, and the a serrated spine.
The knife is very thick and seems like any prying chore will be easy work for the tanto style tip. The serrations I consider to be very pleasing to the eye but at this time I can see any real value to it. They seem almost useless, but the guys at Strider say they help for things like cutting rope under water. Never the less, the knife has a good weight to it and feels really solid, seems like it will hold up to alot of abuse, which the knife is definitly made for. The sheath is by S.O.E gear (Tac-gear fans know them already)and is definitely high quality. I don't really care for the Kydex insert, because it leaves minor scratches/rub marks in the finish of the knife. I am going to remove it and try lining the kydex with some synthetic material. The knife does have a distinct smell to it, The best way to describe it would be a mix of CLP and the Milling oil used at the local machine shop. Not a bad thing but takes a minute to adjust to. The knife is a real functional work of art in my humble opinion, It isn't fancy but few knives meant for soldiers are. The knife is very reminiscent of the John EK/Blackjack models. Which is a good thing. I really like this knife and would suggest it to others looking for a work horse. A little pricey at $390 ($325 base, Serrated $50, Shipped $15)but I would buy it again hands down.
You can check them out at
www.Striderknives.com

JerrY  
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Strider makes very high quality knives. I hope that you'll keep us posted on how the knife does in the field.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top