Posted: 1/31/2015 9:37:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Kind of want even though I can have a standard AR
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the result of a Remington 1100 raping an AR lower!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jrn156:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I love it....and hate it.

I love the fact that "we" are able to innovate and come up with interesting designs that follow the law.

I hate the fact that it is necessary to do so, because of the "law."

I honestly might have to buy one just to support that company.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I strangely like this thing..

Could grab some of the market that wants a semi-auto rifle in a traditional stocked format, plus commie states.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I think it would look better with a rifle handguard and 18 or 20" barrel.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#8]
This rifle shows the idiocy of Assualt Weapons bans. This rifle is in every way but appearance an AR15.

But it is not an AR15.  

Lawyers shouldn't be lawmakers.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#10]
If one wants a sure fire 50 state legal 223 look for the Remington 7615 Police, pump action with an AR mag well.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:47:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JRCmx] [#11]
Originally Posted By jim:
If one wants a sure fire 50 state legal 223 look for the Remington 7615 Police, pump action with an AR mag well.
View Quote

NO!

Now that you have an ARES lower, go to a free state and get some 30's or 40's and hide them well for when you/we need them.

Remember, on the first day of the revolution you may not have a machine gun but you may on the second.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I think a rifle length Diamondhead rail would work and look great on that rifle.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
Originally Posted By jrn156:

X3
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:13:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmkrick] [#14]
Originally Posted By coldblue:

Original 16" barrel (chrome lined) and URX 3.1 free-float barrel handguard:

<a href="http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/D_A_Lutz/media/SCR%20Phase%201a_zps30mbn6db.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q759/D_A_Lutz/SCR%20Phase%201a_zps30mbn6db.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

<a href="http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/D_A_Lutz/media/SCR%20Phase%201a_zps30mbn6db.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q759/D_A_Lutz/SCR%20Phase%201a_zps30mbn6db.jpg</a>

I'd like to see this offered with a side charging handle instead of the standard style and no forward assist. And maybe top it with a nice 1-4 or 1-6 illuminated scope or an Aimpoint PRO.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I want one.

Then SBR it
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:45:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bblake00:
I want one.

Then SBR it
View Quote

I want one simply so I can toss a can on it.

Aside from that I hate that the goddamned thing exists. It's an ugly stupid looking gun that came about do to ugly stupid laws.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:50:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Someone I know is terribly interested in it if it has a good trigger.  He points out that a hunting rifle spends most of its time being carried, rather than being shot, and there's no downside other than missing a shot if you don't immediately bring your hunting rifle into action.  Hunting stocks carry well, as opposed to the AR - which is designed to come on point quickly, not to be comfortable to carry around all day.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:21:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: msg1956] [#18]
Originally Posted By jim:
View Quote

Actually, this rifle is banned by name in the CT AWB list (the only non-semi auto to be banned).  Either the Bloomberg people who wrote the CT AWB mistook it for a semi-auto, or they just thought a pump action with an AR-15 magazine was too deadly for the peasants.

The CT AWB is pretty draconian.  Not only is there a list of firearms you had to register (for eventual confiscation), and could no longer buy, there are a whole bunch of restrictions on where you can have/transport/use  "AWs".

Not only does this rifle give you much of the functionality of an AR15, it allows you to transport it as a regular rifle, and avoid the CT AWB restrictions (Fuck you Governor Dan Malloy, and every Democrat who ever drew breath).

And in all honesty, the fact that the recoil spring is in the stock actually violates the AWB (any part of the "action" above the fingers).  But, for whatever reason, they are allowing it to be sold in CT.  Guess it looks Fudd enough for them.

You VA boys better take a good look.  The progressive cancer is spreading out of NOVA, and you will be as screwed as CT is, given a few years.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#19]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_124/663796_ARES_Defense_SCR_may_be_my_solution_to_an_5_56_semi_auto_AR_in_New_York.html
View Quote

AHAHAHAHAHA WTF is that faggoty bullshit! Just g buy a goddamned Ruger. Don't even try to fake the funk.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Great idea. very innovative. Too bad we have to design around idiots and politicians. I'm sick of it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:42:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:50:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Krashdog] [#22]
I'm not sure what to make of ares armor.  After the whole atf raid I wanted to support the company. Bought a few bcgs and spread the word around locally, nice products. But after the whole ousting of the founder of the company and the total cooperation with the Feds by the new ceo. I'm not sure if I want to give them any more money. Maybe they developed this to handjob the atf into letting them stay open. Did they ever turn over all the names of the 80% lower customers or not?

On a side note of the design, for me, with a horn grip an ambi charging handle may finally be useful
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Krashdog:  I'm not sure what to make of ares armor.  After the whole atf raid I wanted to support the company. Bought a few bcgs and spread the word around locally, nice products. But after the whole ousting of the founder of the company and the total cooperation with the Feds by the new ceo. I'm not sure if I want to give them any more money. Maybe they developed this to handjob the atf into letting them stay open. Did they ever turn over all the names of the 80% lower customers or not?

On a side note of the design, for me, with a horn grip an ambi charging handle may finally be useful
View Quote

Two different Ares.  Ares Armor was selling the EP Armory 80% lowers, knowing EP Armory never got an ATF Tech Branch Letter, and got raided.  Ares Armor is in California.

Ares Defense makes the SCR, and the MCR belt fed upper, and apparently screwed over a bunch of NYers who put deposits down on the belt fed uppers before they were built, and supposedly won't refund the deposits, but won't ship to NY claiming the SAFE Act won't let them.  Ares Defense is in Florida.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Two different Ares.  Ares Armor was selling the EP Armory 80% lowers, knowing EP Armory never got an ATF Tech Branch Letter, and got raided.  Ares Armor is in California.

Ares Defense makes the SCR, and the MCR belt fed upper, and apparently screwed over a bunch of NYers who put deposits down on the belt fed uppers before they were built, and supposedly won't refund the deposits, but won't ship to NY claiming the SAFE Act won't let them.  Ares Defense is in Florida.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Krashdog:  I'm not sure what to make of ares armor.  After the whole atf raid I wanted to support the company. Bought a few bcgs and spread the word around locally, nice products. But after the whole ousting of the founder of the company and the total cooperation with the Feds by the new ceo. I'm not sure if I want to give them any more money. Maybe they developed this to handjob the atf into letting them stay open. Did they ever turn over all the names of the 80% lower customers or not?

Thank you for the clarification, I totally thought they were one in the same
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:05:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazyWhiteGuy] [#25]
Originally Posted By Krashdog:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Krashdog:

The etymology of the name Ares is traditionally connected with the Greek word (are), the Ionic form of the Doric (ara), "bane, ruin, curse, imprecation".
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:04:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By coldblue:  Just an update showing the second upper I put together with a 20-inch match stainless Krieger barrel, KAC URX rail forend, LaRue SPR scope mount, KAC back-up iron sights, and my own handguard panel mods:
Needed the cheek piece to line up with the higher scope mounting.
<a href="http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/D_A_Lutz/media/20-inch%20heavy%20barrel_zpsnb1oym9e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q759/D_A_Lutz/20-inch%20heavy%20barrel_zpsnb1oym9e.jpg</a>
View Quote

Sir - why not use lower rings?  Any thought to using an 1100 wood stock?
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By coldblue:  Walnut is their latest option...like?
<a href="http://s258.photobucket.com/user/ColdBlue_2008/media/SCR%20Walnut.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh249/ColdBlue_2008/SCR%20Walnut.jpg</a>
View Quote

Very much.  They need to make an internally steel-reinforced wooden lower/stock.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:45:28 PM EDT
[#31]

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q759/D_A_Lutz/SCR%20Phase%201a_zps30mbn6db.jpg
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q759/D_A_Lutz/SCR%20Phase%201a_zps30mbn6db.jpg
Ok now that one doesn't look too bad

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I just wonder how well this rifle reliably shoots using a leaf recoil spring rather than one using a buffer/ tube with a full length coil spring. Brilliant idea to get around what gov't allows its honest citizens to own in the slave states of CA., NY and CT.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Just an update showing the second upper I put together with a 20-inch match stainless Krieger barrel, KAC URX rail forend, LaRue SPR scope mount, KAC back-up iron sights, and my own handguard panel mods:
Needed the cheek piece to line up with the higher scope mounting.
<a href="http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/D_A_Lutz/media/20-inch%20heavy%20barrel_zpsnb1oym9e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q759/D_A_Lutz/20-inch%20heavy%20barrel_zpsnb1oym9e.jpg</a>
View Quote

That right there made me want one. And I already have a Mk12 and an SR25!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 7:27:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Funny I suddenly got interested in this lower yesterday. It appears sold out everywhere though. Anybody know if they'll be in stock soon ?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Buffer and recoil assembly?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top