Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2014 6:46:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#1]
At $200+  I dont see the value.  Maybe I am in the minority, though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 4:21:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Can these take rechargeable batteries?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#3]
You could probably use a rechargeable CR123A but it's not recommended in the manual FWIW.

You can see the battery compartment in the video below; looks like it should be fine but I haven't tried it...

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kcgunesq:

View Quote

What he said.  

Surefire is pricing themselves out of the mainstream market.   There are many other top quality light makers out there for a hell of a lot less.  

Granted it's not 300lm but my fenix e12 rocks.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Joe_556:

What he said.  

Surefire is pricing themselves out of the mainstream market.   There are many other top quality light makers out there for a hell of a lot less.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What he said.  

Another +1. I can't take Surefire seriously anymore.

I have an Olight S10-L2 with 400lm for like $30. For more "tactical' purposes, I have a Thrunite TN12 for $49 with 1050lm.
No, it's not just about the lumens, but these are high quality lights with great output and beam patterns.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By theJrod:

I have an Olight S10-L2 with 400lm for like $30. For more "tactical' purposes, I have a Thrunite TN12 for $49 with 1050lm.
No, it's not just about the lumens, but these are high quality lights with great output and beam patterns.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By theJrod:

What he said.  

That the units looks awesome.

Thx

Txl
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 6:54:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Macumazahn] [#7]
Looks like a nice light, but way too high priced.  I'd love to see Surefire come down on the price and get more market share.   I'm sure it is a high quality product.  

I have 2 very old Surefires and they still work great.  I just don't use them anymore as my LED Fenix and Jetbeam lights are so much brighter.

Still, Kudos to Surefire for making high new quality products.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 7:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

This. I own a lot of flashlights, I have dive lights that are cheaper, and brighter, and not much bigger than this one, yet will withstand lots of time at 110 feet down.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:30:08 AM EDT
[#9]
SF is way way behind the average lumens in the market. Quality is there but not enough lumens. I still have SF and had a couple in the past. You can get a custom titanium with 1600 lumens for the price of their top of the line
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By texancarbine73:
SF is way way behind the average lumens in the market. Quality is there but not enough lumens. I still have SF and had a couple in the past. You can get a custom titanium with 1600 lumens for the price of their top of the line
View Quote

I disagree. Surefire is right in line with the best of the best. Runtime matters too. Hence no 1500 lumen 2 cell lights. But what other 1 cell makes more than normal variance above 300? What 2 cell over 5-600? All with good run times, great beam profiles, and bombproof reliability? Elzetta is comparable in many ways, and they and their partner gene Malkoff are a lot "leaner" company. The fact that SF keeps up with them is frankly amazing to me given the testing sf requires and the size of scale.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:51:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#11]
Originally Posted By 12_gauge:

I disagree. Surefire is right in line with the best of the best. Runtime matters too. Hence no 1500 lumen 2 cell lights. But what other 1 cell makes more than normal variance above 300? What 2 cell over 5-600? All with good run times, great beam profiles, and bombproof reliability? Elzetta is comparable in many ways, and they and their partner gene Malkoff are a lot "leaner" company. The fact that SF keeps up with them is frankly amazing to me given the testing sf requires and the size of scale.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 12_gauge:
Originally Posted By texancarbine73:

Olight, Thrunight, Fenix, etc. all have over 600 lumen lights the size of a Surefire 2 cell. Everyone in CID at my department uses a Thrunight. Sure our weaponlights are all Streamlight and Surefire, but handhelds? Surefire is way behind with their resistance to wide spread adoption of 18650 lights. A flashlight is a tool that gets used up in a couple years and tossed or lost. Prices should be $100 and under on handhelds and no reason to have sub 1000 lumen capability since 2014. 300 in a single 123 is a decent output, but $200 is about twice what you should be buying a light for IMO.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#12]
The ridiculous crenelated bezel and that f@&$ing retarded double pocket clip totally ruin what would otherwise be a cool EDC light.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:56:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#14]
I've tried a lot of different pocket lights, but this is still my current favorite...

EagTac D25C clicky.  $50.  Always comes on at turbo if the bezel is tightened, and cycles through low-med-high if it's not tightened.  Simplest multi-level interface in my opinion. Only suggestion would be a McClicky style button with momentary like the Surefire in the OP.
No other light I've tried in this size or price range puts out as much light on a single CR123.  FourSevens, Olight, etc...

Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Surefire used to be it, not anymore.

I'll second Eagltac, great lights and realistic prices.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Come 'on fella's, this is the Tech forum. Proper decorum dictates you don't promote competitors products in an product announcement thread (I'm guilty of this, and learned my lesson). Regardless of the high(ish) price, try to get Fenix to support you in the same manner that Surefire does. I for one have had a negative experience trying to get Fenix to honor their warranty, I had no problems with Surefire sending me a replacement screw I stripped, for free I might add. 
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By OnlytheTip:
Come 'on fella's, this is the Tech forum. Proper decorum dictates you don't promote competitors products in an product announcement thread (I'm guilty of this, and learned my lesson). Regardless of the high(ish) price, try to get Fenix to support you in the same manner that Surefire does. I for one have had a negative experience trying to get Fenix to honor their warranty, I had no problems with Surefire sending me a replacement screw I stripped, for free I might add. 
View Quote
ARFcom needs an "oh well" shrug emoji...
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#18]
my sub $50 Streamlight 1L puts out 275 lumens and it's slightly longer cousin the 1aa-1L is 300 lumens also in the sub $50 range so I don't see the hype either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top