BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Barrett M107A1 (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
$9,200 for a 107?! I haven't seen them that low in the last few years! That's a hell of a bargain! Recently sold my M82 for $9,500...Minor cost to get up to the 107 now at $11,500... If that drop shipper ever drop ships it!
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 3:26:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: texashark] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ssndude:

Congrats!!!! that is some serious coin you just dropped

What do you think about this bipod? I don't think the user can lock the cant on the Barrett's bipod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9dOMjWvotw
View Quote

Accu-tac makes a fine bipod.
I'm running one on my 40 lb ELR gun with no issues, as are many others.

Also, there is a hack using a washer or two to stabilize the factory bipod to keep it from flopping.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 5:56:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TacticalHeater] [#3]
Any of you guys still looking for one? I had no idea that so many of you were looking for them.  We have a used one in our shop with a Leupold MK4 M1 and BORS and optional brand new QDL... for a steal
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TacticalHeater:
Any of you guys still looking for one? I had no idea that so many of you were looking for them.  We have a used one in our shop with a Leupold MK4 M1 and BORS and optional brand new QDL... for a steal
View Quote

Yes. What's a steal? How many rounds through it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#5]
sent you a pm
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TacticalHeater:
View Quote

Shoot me a message with the price if you dont mind... I'm looking to upgrade.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
Same boat. I have had one on order since January. Barrett told me 14 month back order
View Quote

I was at the LGS the other day, they had a 107A1 for $12,200... I wonder how they are doing on the backlog. I remembered this thread and thought I would bump it
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#8]

I was at the LGS the other day, they had a 107A1 for $12,200... I wonder how they are doing on the backlog. I remembered this thread and thought I would bump it
View Quote
My contact into Barrett, says they took no more orders for 2021. Orders supposedly will be allowed in February :O
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#9]

waiting on QDL for approval now
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#10]
My contact into Barrett, says they took no more orders for 2021. Orders supposedly will be allowed in February :O
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Good for Barrett!!!! From what I can read, they have a good product and great customer support!

I am glad they had a backlog and were able to catch back up!
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:07:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckMan123] [#11]
I was looking on Army Air Force exchange today, if you can shop there they have an M107A1 for $12,275.

https://www.shopmyexchange.com/barrett-m107a1-50-bmg-29-in-fluted-barrel-with-flip-up-sights-10-rnd-rifle-fde/2707471

If you use the "Star" card that 24,000 plus points or $240 on your reward card.

I don't work for them but I do buy things there from time to time.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I found a steal recently on a M107A1

I paid $10.5K for one in green (no longer produced), with a Vortex HD Razor II in Barrett rings, 5 magazines, spare parts kit, 100rds of .50, and all the normal stuff in the factory hardcase.

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow! That’s a great grab!
I finally got an FDE a few weeks ago and it was definitely not 10.5k

Originally Posted By mike_0120:

I paid $10.5K for one in green (no longer produced), with a Vortex HD Razor II in Barrett rings, 5 magazines, spare parts kit, 100rds of .50, and all the normal stuff in the factory hardcase.

https://i.imgur.com/1aPJcak.jpeg
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2022 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm still trying to get one. My dealer has pretty much flaked out on me for trying to order one for me, so I'm trying to some larger dealers. They are so back ordered they won't take individual orders, so I'm left trying to find a dealer large enough that they're in some special group that can place orders in August :(
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 12:29:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By armoredsaint:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/40454/7F6E207C-0087-46E2-9D57-3CC3513BA1AE-2182434.jpg

waiting on QDL for approval now
View Quote

It's a game changer. I actually can shoot several mags through mine now without getting a headache, it's just gassy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 1:55:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm still trying to get one. My dealer has pretty much flaked out on me for trying to order one for me, so I'm trying to some larger dealers. They are so back ordered they won't take individual orders, so I'm left trying to find a dealer large enough that they're in some special group that can place orders in August :(
View Quote

When I worked at a distributor they were hard to get and that was at least a decade ago. They were always heavily allocated.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

There are numerous available through Gunbroker, if you really want one.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#18]

There are numerous available through Gunbroker, if you really want one.
View Quote
Indeed there are. But I know the MAP/Dist pricing on one, so I'm holding out hope that I can get one for that. If not I guess buy once cry once right...
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#20]
There's one at a new shop here in Knoxville. Smoky Mountain Gun Shop on Asheville Hwy. Went there over the weekend as they just opened recently.
Counter guy asked me if I wanted to take a look at it. Told him no. I fired way too many of them and wasn't interested at all.
He looked me like "You're so full of shit"
I just smiled and went back to browsing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
There's one at a new shop here in Knoxville. Smoky Mountain Gun Shop on Asheville Hwy. Went there over the weekend as they just opened recently.
Counter guy asked me if I wanted to take a look at it. Told him no. I fired way too many of them and wasn't interested at all.
View Quote

Is working at Barrett like the only accomplishment you've achieved in life?  Like seriously, you mention it in every other post
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:01:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I bought my FDE 107a1 from Europtic earlier this year
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:11:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Trash_Panda:

Is working at Barrett like the only accomplishment you've achieved in life?  Like seriously, you mention it in every other post
View Quote
Holy cow...  he just shared an anecdote.

He's provided a LOT of knowledge to those of us who own Barrett's - knowledge that would otherwise be unobtanium.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By jtb33:

He's provided a LOT of knowledge to those of us who own Barrett's - knowledge that would otherwise be unobtanium.
View All Quotes

T_P be jelly.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:10:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#25]

View Quote

Well. Aren't you a ray of sunshine.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:13:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#26]

View Quote

I overlook people that shit talk others. They have very little to add to a conversation,  so they try to bring others down.
It must be a very pitiful life they lead. I really feel sorry for them. No, not really.

I've had others talk shit. Doesn't bother me a bit. If it makes them feel better about themselves, let them have that little time in the sun. It's the only thing they have in life.

If it bothers him that much, he can put me on ignore. That wouldn't bother me a bit.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 4:55:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Den40] [#27]

View Quote

Some of us enjoy his Barrett stories. It makes me ponder what would it be like to work for a gun manufacturer.
His positives and negatives while there makes me compare how it is at my shitty career.
If I could get paid to be bored shooting .50’s, I’d quit and relocate right now to TN.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

lol you're really triggered
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#29]

It was a fun job for a long time. About the last 6 months I was there I was mad as soon as I got up in the morning knowing I was going in.
Nepotism is hard at work there and made it really difficult to impossible to try and get a few there to understand common sense.
I was relieved when I left there and went to work at Serbu. I had a hell of a good time and was paid more.

Only left Serbu as the wife wanted to move back to east Tennessee.
View Quote

Would you recommend the Serbu gas gun over the Barret?
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By QCMGR:

View Quote

Yes. After helping with the Serbu when I was there, it is a much more accurate rifle. Takes Barrett mags. His lead time is a bit long. But he is a much smaller shop.

Working at Serbu was a riot a minute. I laughed my ass off every day. And got an 870 Super Shorty out of it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#31]

Yes. After helping with the Serbu when I was there, it is a much more accurate rifle. Takes Barrett mags. His lead time is a bit long. But he is a much smaller shop.

Working at Serbu was a riot a minute. I laughed my ass off every day. And got an 870 Super Shorty out of it.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/89/oe9jptln-1438969.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QCMGR:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/89/oe9jptln-1438969.jpg

Cool!  Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I wish I would have just had faith and ordered one of the Serbu's when they first came out before they raised the prices. I just hoped I would get to see one in person first but to this day I've never seen one. When they first were about to be out they were looking hard for buyers at SHOT. Now they're up to $7700 and no new orders because of a 3 year backlog.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:01:13 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#34]

https://i.imgur.com/1aPJcak.jpeg
View Quote

There's a few OD Green ones on gunbroker. Question, where did you guys get those cheek rest? Mine doesn't have one. Does Barrett sell them?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#35]
That's the factory cheek piece. The 107A1 I just picked up has one..
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#36]
That's the factory cheek piece. The 107A1 I just picked up has one..
View Quote

What’s it made out of? Looks like it’s just screwed to the upper directly is that correct?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I never understood why it doesn't come with the carry handle like the M82?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By armoredsaint:
I never understood why it doesn't come with the carry handle like the M82?
View Quote

An accessory they can over charge for.

The cheekpiece used to be an accessory for the 82a1 style rifles. I made one from an old mouse pad DAP glued to a piece of sheet metal that I formed to barely snap over the 82a1/M107's and M95's when I was shooting at a pretty steady pace.
The constant recoil was really getting to my cheeks as I can shoot ambidextrous and would change over during heavy firing schedules.
There were days I had a bruised cheek from shooting so much and finally decided to .are up something to lessen the battering my cheek and jaw was taking.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:34:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By realwar:

There's a few OD Green ones on gunbroker. Question, where did you guys get those cheek rest? Mine doesn't have one. Does Barrett sell them?
View Quote

Check out the one offered by Shaddoxtactical.com .
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:08:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: realwar] [#40]
Originally Posted By PNFLDS:

Check out the one offered by Shaddoxtactical.com .
View Quote

Ok website is fixed was down for me. Cheekrest looks good. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#41]
There is one for sale local to me at Hell Fighters in Laurel MS
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#42]
i bought my m82 and m107 both from grabagun
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Barrett m82a1 lower for sale

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/942706575
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Barrett m82a1 lower for sale

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/942706575
View Quote

That doesn’t seem like a good deal. I don’t think I’ve seen the uppers for sale except for at Barrett for $5400. Maybe if you could get a deal on one it would be worth it but it’s still too much for me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 4:37:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#45]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

That doesn’t seem like a good deal. I don’t think I’ve seen the uppers for sale except for at Barrett for $5400. Maybe if you could get a deal on one it would be worth it but it’s still too much for me.
View Quote

Then you would need the complete carrier. No telling what those cost now.

And that lower looks like an older one. The uppers and lowers were drilled for the takedown pins as a matched set. The upper and lower were a serialized set.
The uppers and lowers started being drilled seperately to much closer tolerances to allow for switching uppers much easier. That started around 2001 when the GWOT started and the Army mandated complete interchangeability.
You bought an upper, you would need the headspaced bolt. And a bolt is pricey also.
You would come out better by purchasing a complete rifle.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#46]

And that lower looks like an older one. The uppers and lowers were drilled for the takedown pins as a matched set. The upper and lower were a serialized set.
The uppers and lowers started being drilled seperately to much closer tolerances to allow for switching uppers much easier. That started around 2001 when the GWOT started and the Army mandated complete interchangeability.
You bought an upper, you would need the headspaced bolt. And a bolt is pricey also.
View Quote

There was a Barrett 50bmg upper on gunbroker the other day. It came with a complete bolt, one magazine. Was priced at $4300. I should have probably snagged it but now it's gone.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:50:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Midway has 82A1s, 82CQs, and m107s.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

I appreciate the knowledge you bring to this forum.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Glad to help.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I didn't know anything about them being a matched set previously.  This might explain why my 82 is horrendously difficult to get the front pin in and out.  I literally have to smack and twist it into place.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Barrett M107A1 (Page 2 of 2)
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top