Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 11/14/2017 5:42:29 PM EDT
I loaded 10 rounds  with 175 Gr of 5010 under my spotter tracer.  Ran them through my single shot  zeal custom

No issue with ejection  of empty case recoil  was about same as my normal rounds or any pressure  signs.

I was only shooting  at a 100 yards range. Into a earth backstop.  
Accuracy was not bad most of my shots where about touching. But they hit about 2" lower then normal rounds at 100 yards.  I had 100% of them to light off but not a single one went bang at the 100 yard back stop.  I could see the bullet burning in the dirt back stop for a few seconds  after it hit.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When the bullet impacts, the primer sets off the interior components and they smoke so that the gunner can fire the recoiless cannon that the original gun was attach to.

So were you seeing smoke or the tracer burning in the berm? Either way, if you noticed something causing smoke to identify how far the target is, get on that recoiless cannon
View Quote
It was a lot of smoke. I thought maybe been the tracer still burning. I thought the s/t went bang like the api.  Guess I was wrong.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done exactly the same. Just whisps of smoke out of the dirt. You need to hit rocks or something with them to get the full effect.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 10:42:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've done exactly the same. Just whisps of smoke out of the dirt. You need to hit rocks or something with them to get the full effect.
View Quote
This is the one thing I like about this range.  The soft dirt is safe to shoot tracers into. But lacks the resistance to set them off
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top