Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2017 11:46:39 PM EDT
Just got an AAC Cyclops for my Bushmaster BA50 and took it out for the first time today

https://youtu.be/hGdHtYGGxP4
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:23:54 AM EDT
[#1]
That’s impressive! Last 50 I shot was loud as hell.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:38:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Had I not seen it, I would never have believed it. Money well spent OP.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting! Were those regular factory loads or lower velocity? I haven't picked up a suppressor for mine because I didn't think it would suppress that much...
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Shot a 107 supressed. It was ok. The extra recoil was not so nice. Felt like a longer harder push than without it
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
What loads you using? Trying to find a hearing safe load for my M107a1. Doesn't matter if I need to cycle the action after. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just got an AAC Cyclops for my Bushmaster BA50 and took it out for the first time today

https://youtu.be/hGdHtYGGxP4
View Quote

AAC Cyclops suppressed 50 BMG
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The load in the video was the standard Lake City ball ammo.  
The recoils was worse suppressed than unsuppressed but the BA50 is light on recoils anyway.  Unsuppressed it feels like a 308; suppressed its more like a 300 win mag.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Uhh... It's not hearing safe... but it's amazing how much quieter it is than an unsuppressed 50.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#9]
i have one of those on a 107a1. worth every penny. takes the concussion right out it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#11]
To those who shoot a suppressed 50 BMG, is the recoil with a suppressor worse than a bare muzzle, or less than a bare muzzle but worse than a dedicated brake?

I know the brakes reduce recoil significantly, but the noise and concussion are amplified...especially to the sides.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 11:31:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To those who shoot a suppressed 50 BMG, is the recoil with a suppressor worse than a bare muzzle, or less than a bare muzzle but worse than a dedicated brake?

I know the brakes reduce recoil significantly, but the noise and concussion are amplified...especially to the sides.
View Quote
The Recoil with a suppressor is worse than the unsuppressed Recoil; but overall it much more pleasant to shoot. The suppressor removes the concussion blast.
Without a suppressor my 50 feels like a standard 308 bolt rifle. With the suppressor it feels closer to a 300 win mag.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the reply bjgunner.    I have always found suppressors to reduce recoil similar to a good brake.   I have heard that .50 BMG recoils harder with a suppressor and always wanted to ask someone with first-hand knowledge.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the reply bjgunner.    I have always found suppressors to reduce recoil similar to a good brake.   I have heard that .50 BMG recoils harder with a suppressor and always wanted to ask someone with first-hand knowledge.  

I am guessing the .50 cal brake is just better at reducing recoil than a suppressor is.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have shot my 50 bolt gun (AIX-50) with my Cyclops attached.  It was not a pleasant experience.  After 10 rounds I took the can off and put it back on my 82.

I don't plan on shooting my bolt gun with a can ever again.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 9:44:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have shot my 50 bolt gun (AIX-50) with my Cyclops attached.  It was not a pleasant experience.  After 10 rounds I took the can off and put it back on my 82.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the fear that kept me from buying a cyclops and putting it on my 99.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had a chance to get a deal on the Barrett suppressor for my 99. After thinking about it for a while, I decided not to for multiple reasons. Increased recoil was one of them.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I had a chance to get a deal on the Barrett suppressor for my 99. After thinking about it for a while, I decided not to for multiple reasons. Increased recoil was one of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I never see them in person so I’m left to my imagination. Damn it people buy them up so I can shoot it at the range
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Um.......wow. That was truly impressive.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 11:44:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a cyclops for mine.  The scope whacks me in the forehead a lot, but none of my friends seem to have that problem.  It's amazing how much less drama there is when shooting it, but there is more recoil.  I'm going to have an adapter made for an MG42 AA tripod, and hopefully it will quit whacking me in the head.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have a cyclops for mine.  The scope whacks me in the forehead a lot, but none of my friends seem to have that problem.  It's amazing how much less drama there is when shooting it, but there is more recoil.  I'm going to have an adapter made for an MG42 AA tripod, and hopefully it will quit whacking me in the head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds painful for sure. Would love to see the tripod setup.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow!! That is impressive!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Cool video.   Prob will order 1 when I buy a 50.

But God damn...could whoever filmed it not stfu for 1 sec?!
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 6:13:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That sounds painful for sure. Would love to see the tripod setup.
View Quote
Here is a picture I stole from the interwebs.  Mine isn't done yet, but it will look similar to this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Here is a picture I stole from the interwebs.  Mine isn't done yet, but it will look similar to this.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/6794/barrett_82A1_on_AA-387536.JPG
View Quote
Very cool. I always wanted to set up my 82 like that before I sold it. Would probably be fun with my 99 too.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top