Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2017 8:11:59 PM EDT
Hello all, Finally purchased my dream gun, Barrett M82A1 and 1500 rounds to go with her a couple months ago(still trying to decide on optics). Anyways I bought 5 mags when I got it and my girl found me a used mag on online while I was deployed. Stacking them side by side the other day I realized one was taller than the others... Turns out it holds 12 rounds. I was gonna post pics but Im having a hard time uploading them. Anyways she picked the mag up for around $75, which is a steal for any .50 barrett mag. I can't find much online other than they were supposedly developed for Desert Storm. Does anyone have any info or a value? I even tried the Barrett forum...Or is it honestly just another Barrett mag, i.e. Nothing special. Either way it feeds her appetite
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The 12 round mag was tested in the M82 around the time of Desert Storm. Reliability wasn't 100% after testing and they were scrapped.
They are rare and a real steal at $75, or quadruple that price to a collector if its in decent shape.
Have fun with you Barrett.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the info, I really appreciate it. I guess I will have to test it for reliability and see how it turns out. It is in pretty good shape (id say 85-90%). Thank you again.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#4]
It was actually supposed to be an 11 rd mag. The follower was made wrong and allowed the mag to hold 12 eds.
A lot of the older 11 rd mags were parkerized. You may find some that were powder coated black. Quite a few of the Marine Corps mags were returned to be swapped out for 10 rd mags because the Corps didn't like the rifle resting on the mag instead of the buttplate when not shouldered.

We powder coated the majority of the 11 rd mags and installed new improved followers.

The parkerizing probably looks greenish now. The black powder coat will still look almost new and very slick as it is urethane based.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you. Maybe once my computer assistant, my wife, gets back in town later this week I will post a picture. It does have a slight green/brownish color to it. Are these particular mags worth any more than the regular 10 rounders?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, they are worth a bit more. Not as many were made.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top