Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 8:13:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I have that same model Tasco Custom Shop scope on my 22-250. It is a pretty nice scope. I thought about putting it on the Far-50, but I read it did not hold up well to heavy hitting rifles. You might want to research that before you take a chance of damaging a perfectly good scope.
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 9:18:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a pic request.

Could someone please take a picture from the front with and without the handguards on?

Also, one from back to front along the picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Chris;

Any idea when I am going to see the new style muzzle brake I ordered with the MKI .I am looking forward to seeing what the difference in recoil is also, you were going to send me bi-pod springs that you were out of when you shipped my upper. Thanks Eric
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes its great having my own place to shoot. I have 33 acres in the middle of S.C. sumpter National forest. I have the only private property surrounded by 5300 acres of national forest. We shoot off of my back deck. My nearest neighbor is 1 mile away. My watson was super accurate with the BSA. I believe it was the platinum series. I sold the complete gun with lower for $2500.00 Hence, the order for BOHICA.

I sold my Watson's bare for $800 and sold a Mech-Tech carbine conversion to fund mine.  Mine would hold around 1MOA+ with commercial re-loaded ball.

There's a 7-50 yard outdoor range with a canopy near my in-laws.  It's a member's only range in a high class community.  There's about one range Nazi per every five or six lanes and they have a couple dozen strict range rules that go well beyond reason.  We're visiting this weekend and I'm thinkin' of takin' the Bohica there and stirring things up
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have that same model Tasco Custom Shop scope on my 22-250. It is a pretty nice scope. I thought about putting it on the Far-50, but I read it did not hold up well to heavy hitting rifles. You might want to research that before you take a chance of damaging a perfectly good scope.

I've heard the Japanese made scopes are plenty strong but the Chinese contract copies are garbage.  If it breaks I'll get it fixed and sell it...
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a pic request.

Could someone please take a picture from the front with and without the handguards on?

You can see it on the Bohica web site bro.
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Chris,

I've definitely heard some great things about Montana Rifleman barrels.  Just curious, are they hand-lapped; if not, what barrel break-in procedure do you recommend, thanks,

Joel  
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a pic request.

I can?

I'm only seeing a few pictures on the new site and none are what I specified above.  I remember a couple being there from the old site, but they were off to an angle.  I'd prefer these be all from the same rifle, all dead-nuts (or as close is possible) centered with the bore axis.

It's looking like a fair number of these have either the handguards/rail shifted to the right in the front, or the barrel to the left.  Not a deal-ender, just curious if that's how they all are or if it's camera angle etc..
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Chris;

Any idea when I am going to see the new style muzzle brake I ordered with the MKI .I am looking forward to seeing what the difference in recoil is also, you were going to send me bi-pod springs that you were out of when you shipped my upper. Thanks Eric

Eric,

Springs are already installed in the legs. Brake will ship before I leave for Tulsa next week.

Chris Rosequist
BOHICA Arms Corp
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Chris,

I've definitely heard some great things about Montana Rifleman barrels.  Just curious, are they hand-lapped; if not, what barrel break-in procedure do you recommend, thanks,

Joel  

Yep, They're hand lapped.

Chris Rosequist
BOHICA Arms Corp
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a pic request.

I can?

I'm only seeing a few pictures on the new site and none are what I specified above.  I remember a couple being there from the old site, but they were off to an angle.  I'd prefer these be all from the same rifle, all dead-nuts (or as close is possible) centered with the bore axis.

It's looking like a fair number of these have either the handguards/rail shifted to the right in the front, or the barrel to the left.  Not a deal-ender, just curious if that's how they all are or if it's camera angle etc..

Led,

Couple of these we jarred in shipment. It's just the handguard and is easily recenters by loosening two screws. The next batch will have a tighter fit between the lower rail and the reciever front block (controls this alignment)

Some of the pics, you're looking for are in the review by long range supply on the site.

Chris Rosequist
BOHICA Arms Corp
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you very much for the explaination, Chris.  I will check out that review.
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
I've heard the Japanese made scopes are plenty strong but the Chinese contract copies are garbage.  If it breaks I'll get it fixed and sell it...

Good to know. Mine is Japanese to, so hopefully it will last me a long time. When I really like it and hope it olds up, when I first heard about the Far-50 and started thinking of getting it, I thought it would be the perfect scope, even better if mine had a Mil-Dot.

My super sniper came in and I really like it, too, but at 16x not much good inside of 100 yards except for target shooting. I am mounting it on a DPMS 20in Bull Barrel upper, with dpms lower with magpul prs and panther tactical grip for now. When the bohica arrives I plan on using this lower for both setups.

Anybody here know where I can get a decent priced Ciener Conversion Kit? I figuire I better start saving some ammo money now lol. I have been waiting on one I ordered from tactical innovations for about 4 months now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Where's the Donkey?  It's missing from the front page.  THat is kind of Chris' trademark and should be at the forefront of all!
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Can anyone tell me the thread pitch/pattern on the 36" barrel.
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#16]
with the Bohica having a long picatinny scope rail like the M82 Barrett,i wonder if that M82 carry handle would work on the Bohica.i think it would look good and be a great help in lugging this beast around.
anybody do this yet ???
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Where's the Donkey?  It's missing from the front page.  THat is kind of Chris' trademark and should be at the forefront of all!

Working on it. :)
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Might want to specify which end.
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#19]
So Chris, are you taking a semi to Tulsa?
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So Chris, are you taking a semi to Tulsa?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#21]
The Muzzle please.  I know I saw the thread pitch/pattern for an AR 50 somewhere in the past 70 pages, but I don't recall if it listed the pattern for the FAR 50.

God I can't wait.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might want to specify which end.
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#22]
The MkI is 7/8-14, and the MkII is 1"-14.  Most of the other manufacturers brakes are 1"-14 thread.  I may make up a couple of adapters and take to Tulsa for sale.
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
with the Bohica having a long picatinny scope rail like the M82 Barrett,i wonder if that M82 carry handle would work on the Bohica.i think it would look good and be a great help in lugging this beast around.
anybody do this yet ???

Sure would.  Might even be another accessory for Chris to make as an option!
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The MkI is 7/8-14, and the MkII is 1"-14.  Most of the other manufacturers brakes are 1"-14 thread.  I may make up a couple of adapters and take to Tulsa for sale.

Thank you sir.  I finally just found a post that eluded to the change being made to a 1-14 pitch.  I appreciate your confirmation.  Now on to having MY project built for my Bohica Upper.   I am going to be so Broke because of this thing.......But man it's gonna be cool.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Who/where else could you buy the handle?  Barretts page doesnt show them,anyone have a catalog or another source?
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey Chris, does a steel rail come standard now?  And whats up with the "sloped riser" and "sloped rail with insert"?  10, 15 or 20 MOA wedge type thing under the rail?  I was just going to use the Nightforce Uni-mount 20 MOA base.....

P.S.  I got the Wifes "OK" for the Nightforce!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a pic request.

I can?

Led,

Couple of these we jarred in shipment. It's just the handguard and is easily recenters by loosening two screws. The next batch will have a tighter fit between the lower rail and the reciever front block (controls this alignment)

Some of the pics, you're looking for are in the review by long range supply on the site.

Chris Rosequist
BOHICA Arms Corp

Chris, I'd have to disagree to some extent.  I loosened the screws you mentioned, and after having to elongate one of the holes it did straighten out fine...however...the top rail was then about 3/16" off.  When I aligned those holes the tension pulled the front block right back where it was.  I enlarged the first three top rail receiver holes and that allowed everything to line up better with no tension.  Strangely, the receiver top doesn't align with the rail very well now, yet using a taught string from the muzzle brake end to the rear of the stock showed the barrel, rail, and stock all in alignment.  The end of the handguard still looks about 1/16" off, but it's a lot better than it was; the left side almost touching.

When my wife goes back to work, I'm may have her spot weld the receiver front block so I can fit it tightly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Chris, I'd have to disagree to some extent.  I loosened the screws you mentioned, and after having to elongate one of the holes it did straighten out fine...however...the top rail was then about 3/16" off.  When I aligned those holes the tension pulled the front block right back where it was.  I enlarged the first three top rail receiver holes and that allowed everything to line up better with no tension.  Strangely, the receiver top doesn't align with the rail very well now, yet using a taught string from the muzzle brake end to the rear of the stock showed the barrel, rail, and stock all in alignment.  The end of the handguard still looks about 1/16" off, but it's a lot better than it was; the left side almost touching.

When my wife goes back to work, I'm may have her spot weld the receiver front block so I can fit it tightly.

Rick, What upper do you have?  A MkI or MkII?  All that talk of elongating holes and welding has me concerned.  WHere are you talking about welding?
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rick, What upper do you have?  A MkI or MkII?  All that talk of elongating holes and welding has me concerned.  WHere are you talking about welding?

It's a MKII.  The front block of the receiver where the lower rail mounts has some wiggle room.  I'd like to have it built-up to fit it so that there's no possibility of it shifting.  For all I know it may always stay put...but it'll make me feel better ...and my upper rail was just as crooked as the lower.  No biggie.
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#30]
height=8
Quoted:
Who/where else could you buy the handle?  Barretts page doesnt show them,anyone have a catalog or another source?

www.safetyharborfirearms.com/Accessories/accessories.html
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Got my Confirm for Two.   Sweet.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would call Barrett and ask for one.

Hours of operation 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Central Standard
Monday - Friday
Phone 615-896-2938
Fax 615-896-7313

General correspondence
[email protected]
P.O. Box 1077
Murfreesboro, TN 37133

The one above appears to go into a hole in the end of the SHF scope mount, which ends near the balance point. And it doesn't have the ability to clamp to a pic rail, as you would want with the MkI and II rail, or even a YHM hand guard.
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#33]
CHRIS -  Have you had a chance to do any match trigger testing?
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Well as some of you have seen, back on monday I posted that I had to drop my order. Well tonight when I came home my wife told me that Pam (Chris's wife) called and wanted my CC info. Telling my wife that they are now processing the Sept. orders.

So, I am surprised that no one has posted how they got THE call. Heads up, looks like the next batch is getting ready to ship (who knows for sure when).

Max
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#35]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Monday - Friday
Phone 615-896-2938
Fax 615-896-7313

General correspondence
[email protected]
P.O. Box 1077
Murfreesboro, TN 37133

The one above appears to go into a hole in the end of the SHF scope mount, which ends near the balance point. And it doesn't have the ability to clamp to a pic rail, as you would want with the MkI and II rail, or even a YHM hand guard.

my MKI with the scope and bipod is hard to grab or pick up.
this is what we need now.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/littlebarney/M82.jpg
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Monday - Friday
Phone 615-896-2938
Fax 615-896-7313

General correspondence
[email protected]
P.O. Box 1077
Murfreesboro, TN 37133

i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/littlebarney/M82.jpg

Agreed
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Chris,

I placed an order prior to the increase, so I read in an earlier post that I would get the old price.  I wanted to change from the 24" to the 30" barrel.  Would I still get the same price, or the new one?

Can I PM you the info to change my order from 24 to 30?
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 3:44:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Monday - Friday
Phone 615-896-2938
Fax 615-896-7313

General correspondence
[email protected]
P.O. Box 1077
Murfreesboro, TN 37133

i161.photobucket.com/albums/t218/littlebarney/M82.jpg

Barrett does sell their handle separately, and it's about $130
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#39]
$130 for that!?!?!

Every time I look at a price from barett... I'm reminded of why I like my bohica so much.
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#40]
I think that would be an easy accessory to make as an option.  Machine an extrusion and cut it off to make the mounts.  3/8 drill rod bent and heat treated to about 35Rc and a delrin handle.  Park it all and there you have it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 11:08:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Who wants to beta test the new forum over at bohicaarms.com?

Clicky Clicky

Register and post!  Gimme any suggestions you've got.
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Register and post!  Gimme any suggestions you've got.

The ability to post would be nice
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Heh Orkan,

How about noodling around with the permissions on the Bohica Forum? I registered but can't post and I suspect no one else can
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Should be fixed now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm workin' on it!!!!

(Carry handle that is!)

Chris Rosequist
BOHICA Arms Corp
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I'm workin' on it!!!!

(Carry handle that is!)

Chris Rosequist
BOHICA Arms Corp

Please don't start a new accessories project now. Get those recoil pads finished first!
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Got my order confirmation from Chris yesterday.   The clock has started clicking.

Can't wait.
Link Posted: 3/29/2008 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Man, this thread died now that the Bohica forums are up....
Page / 46
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top