Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 3/27/2006 11:19:06 AM EDT
im looking to get a 82a1 model, everyone around me is charging liek 10 grand when barretts site says 7995 for a suggested retail.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep an eye out on gunsamerica.com, under the "big 50's" or "Barrett rifles" listings.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:22:51 AM EDT
[#2]
keep an eye out on www.biggerhammer.net   guys seem to be selling rifles on there quite often, and from what I have seen they usually get snatched up pretty fast.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:40:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Got my Barrett M82A1 with factory Swarovski Barrett scope off GunsAmerica, paid less than $7000 (August of 2005). The gun is damn near brand new. The caveat is I waited 2 years before I found one for the right price and shape, however, I was quite casual in my pursuit. If you are more diligent, you may find one sooner. They are out there, you just have to know where to look.

Remember...the 82A1 is not like buying a Glock pistol or S&W product. There are not many of them around, hence not many are for sale used. Mine was built in 2003, the serial number is in the 4000 range...and these things started production in 1985!

You are looking for the prized Rolls Royce of .50's, in my humble opinion. There aren't many out there to begin with, so be patient and one will turn up somewhere for the price and condition you want.

Patience, my dear boy, patience...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:16:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I suggest you contact Larry at www.knesekguns.com.  I purchased a NEW 82A1 "knesek package" in February for $7505.00; I had to get on the waiting list-about a month. In looking around I found no-one that could come close to his prices.

The Knesek package  is identical to the M107-comes with two mags, heavy duty takedown pins, monopod, and spiked bipod legs, (at this time Barrett is putting the std bipod legs back on)

Also something to consider if you plan on ever shooting a suppressor, you might want to think about a newer 82A1. I spoke with Barrett and Gemtech; I was told they have made improvements to the recoil system and the bolt on newer rifles and they would not recommend shooting a suppressor on a rifle unless it was manufactured in the "last 18 months or so".
Good luck in your search.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#5]
hehe im on the waiting list
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...I was told they have made improvements to the recoil system and the bolt on newer rifles and they would not recommend shooting a suppressor on a rifle unless it was manufactured in the "last 18 months or so".

Does anyone know what these improvements are specifically? Thanks.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top