Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 3/12/2006 2:24:31 PM EDT
Due to very shallow pockets, I can't afford Full-auto belt fed .50 cal rifle.

Are there any semi-atuo versions that are afforable and reliable?

This will be purely a plinking rifle.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]
There are guns being built from demilled M3s kits available right now from around 6800.00 to 10000.00.
M3HB builder
If you're handy, you can build them yourself too for about 5000.00
M2HB.NET

Here's my homebuilt M2HB:
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats a cool gun and all, but the return on investment for that single-shot gun ain't  that great...

You may as well get an accurate single-shot bolt-action rifle that has a scope on it IMO.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thats a cool gun and all, but the return on investment for that single-shot gun ain't  that great...

You may as well get an accurate single-shot bolt-action rifle that has a scope on it IMO.

???.. M2HB conversions are belt-fed semi-autos, not single-shot guns... prices on them (and their accessories) have doubled in the last 5 years.  

Single shot or mag fed bolt guns are fairly common now.   The new mag fed semi-auto rifles now entering the market should add a lot of fun to the mix though!  (Serbu, LigaMec and EDM)
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately I was hoping for a better price. My pockets seem shallow for this too.
I better talk with the wife and see if she is willing to work a 2nd job.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top