Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you allowed 25mm rifles in Maine??

I don't think we can own them in NH, and not even sure about the country as a whole.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
On another note.........I'd like to see video of someone shooting that thing!!

ETA; Try posting this in General Discusion, you might get a more broad yet informative response.
I know I'd like to know more about this rifle too so if you dont post it there I will tonight.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It is an experimental payload rifle made by Barrett for the Army. The ammo is a proprietary 25mm round. Ask Alliant Tech Systems to sell you some ammo.

You won't be able to buy it. Barrett says it is for US mil sales only. Not even LE can get it.

Nor should they be able to get it if we cant, after all they are civies just like us.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard our armourers chirping about this a few days ago.  psh .50 cal scoped rifles thats nothing they say.  according to there reports we were getting either one or a few up.  since we are the premiere unit on base we would get it but who knows what company and what section ect.  Its grand and all thats alot of firepower.  you really want to shoot it start doing pt join up as an sf baby and im sure if you be all that you can be someone will at some point let you fire one.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
On another note.........I'd like to see video of someone shooting that thing!!

ETA; Try posting this in General Discusion, you might get a more broad yet informative response.
I know I'd like to know more about this rifle too so if you dont post it there I will tonight.

post it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I think we should be aloud to have any gun we want. Everyone should be walking around with a uzi. The reason for this is that no one would screw with anyone. Someone steals my car i wip out that 25mm cannon that they call a rifle and send them to hell. Thats just my view on life and my views are really fucked up.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]
right.  If you didn't realize the rules are pretty much set up that way.  You can get an uzi you just need to be law abiding and want it bad enough to obtain it the right way.  there are ways to get this type of load out but if this is ok why not have people dragging a 120 mm mortar around in the bed of there truck.  This is a military aplication rifle and untill some one releases it for us the public then we are just outa luck.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
right.  If you didn't realize the rules are pretty much set up that way.  You can get an uzi you just need to be law abiding and want it bad enough to obtain it the right way.  there are ways to get this type of load out but if this is ok why not have people dragging a 120 mm mortar around in the bed of there truck.  This is a military aplication rifle and untill some one releases it for us the public then we are just outa luck.

Isn't it sad? Well it looks like I have another reason to join the marines. Really big gun.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#11]
no my friend the marines get the armys hand me downs.  But im sure not many teenagers have thought about joining the marines to become the next great marine sniper  theres a reason why they call themselves elite.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
no my friend the marines get the armys hand me downs.  But im sure not many teenagers have thought about joining the marines to become the next great marine sniper  theres a reason why they call themselves elite.

The marines get what the army already used? That doesn't seem fair. It is like getting your older brother's under where as a hand me down.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Are you allowed 25mm rifles in Maine??

I don't think we can own them in NH, and not even sure about the country as a whole.

It would be a DD and a $200 tax stamp is all you need in Kentucky.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The marines get what the army already used? That doesn't seem fair. It is like getting your older brother's under where as a hand me down.

Don't let it get to you, it isn't true anymore. In fact, it hasn't been true for at least 25 years.

The Marines get all of their stuff new, and much of it is stuff the Army doesn't even have. Here are a few examples:

MTVR 7-ton trucks
AAV/P-7 Amtracs
LAV-25-The Army has these now to, the Stryker
F/A-18s
Harriers
CH-53s
et cetera

Then you could add the stuff that the Marine Corps developed or got first:
M-16A2s
M-16A4s
M-14 DMRs
M-240 MGs
MOLLE gear
Digitized camo(to be fair though, the Canadians had this first)
Interceptor body armor

The list goes on and on.

The fact is that the United States Marine Corps is well established in the process of obtaining our own gear and developing gear when none already exists.

Name one thing that the Marine Corps gets from the Army, used or otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#15]
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/middle_east/july-dec05/wong_8-3.html

The Marines have always had a problem with armoring their vehicles. I spent some time with Marine troops in various parts of Iraq, and one of the common complaints you hear about them is that they often get hand-me-downs from the Army. The Marines get a smaller budget, operating budget, than the Army does, significantly smaller. And they often complain about their equipment and about their vehicles.

grabed a quick google and just throwing this out there.  I have work to do so I won't spend too much time milling over such a stupid topic.

the marines also used m60 tanks in the gulf war 1 which were.....army hand me downs.  They also get some of our surplus rifles.  those are just from other marines mouths.

Im a grunt my self Im no pog Im in the army but that does not force me to be bias.  I have trained with marines and I liked them very much they are very agreeable and knew they were grunts but embraced it.  They are hardcore mother fuckers and they know it.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top